Metroid: Samus Returns announced for 3DS

image.jpeg

Nintendo isn't out of announcements, even after their Spotlight, it seems, as a new game was revealed during their Treehouse. Metroid: Samus Returns is a reimagining of the 1991 title Metroid II: Return of Samus.

Developer MercurySteam will be handling the game, and are known for developing Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. It'll release on Semptember 15.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5 days before my birthday and I'm screaming inside so much I might puke, just hope the new counterattack ability doesn't make the game too easy
Considering how often that Zeta kicked her butt? I wouldn't be surprised that it's a struggle even with experienced players.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like it will be hard to perform tricks like walljumps if they dont allow the dpad as a control scheme. Thats one thing I dont like about the 3ds, the circle pad is great for 3d games but I dont like how many 2d games force you to use it.

Reactions: GamingAori

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fans: We want 2D Metroid!
Nintendo: God, they still won't shut up will they? Wasn't Federation Force enough for them to give up hope? Fine. MercuryStream go make some shit.
MercuryStream: But we don't know how to make good games. :(
Nintendo: Jesus. Okay. Here's the source code for AM2R we stole before striking it. Just change some stuff and add a melee attack.

I think people are a little over excited. Not that I care. I don't even like Metroid.
Your comment just won the internet. Congratulations.

Edit: It was quite funny.

Last edited by Stephano,

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why i hate Nintendo as a company. They Shutdown masterpieces like AM2R, Pokemon Uranium, and my favorite of all Project M, only to do stuff like this.
:hateit::gun::yay3ds:
They didnt shut down Project M, the developers ended the project iirc. They specifically said they werent DCMA'd.

Reactions: -pm-

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They didnt shut down Project M, the developers ended the project iirc. They specifically said they werent DCMA'd.
They were advised by a lawyer that they should cease and desist because Nintendo was getting more and more amendment about making sure PM doesn't show up anywhere. So in essence, fear mongering is what ended PM. However Nintendo is still to blame.
There was supposed to be two more releases that we now know about: "The Halloween update" and PM 3.61. Neither of these got to see the light of day.

So in short, yes you are right, they were not by nintendo, but they were advised by a lawyer.

Last edited by Stephano,

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YOU'RE DANG RIGHT WE CAN!!! Nintendo will never take these away. Not only from me, but form the MILLIONS of people who have already downloaded them, played them, and best of all, re uploaded them.
Not exactly what I meant, but yeah, that too xD . AM2R's Lower Norfair remix and the original track for the original area Distribution Center will always be beast though.

Last edited by goldensun87,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt