ROM Hack Official Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7)

What would you like to see more?

• New Custom Tracks

Votes: 114 61.6%
  • New Extra Features (such as backwards cam, etc)

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
1) This has been known for a lot of time already, that track will be replaced.
2) I don't understand
Kay. So here goes. I make my own hacks of MK7. BCSTM Hacks. Fine? Now I place the hacks in SD:\Luma\Titles\<MK7 TItleID>. Now if I try to boot the CTGP-7 hacks, my hacks instead load. So I renamed the folder containing my hacks to something else and then CTGP-7 hacks load. I am asking why does this happen?

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Kay. So here goes. I make my own hacks of MK7. BCSTM Hacks. Fine? Now I place the hacks in SD:\Luma\Titles\<MK7 TItleID>. Now if I try to boot the CTGP-7 hacks, my hacks instead load. So I renamed the folder containing my hacks to something else and then CTGP-7 hacks load. I am asking why does this happen?
Sure, Luma layeredfs overwrites the modifications to redirect files made by CTGP-7 so only one can work at the same time. You have to put your modifications in the CTGP-7/gamefs folder.

Reactions: Gaming796

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No idea, it should be another file in the bcsae.
I tried. I extracted all CSEQs from the BCSAR and converted them to MIDI. Problem is how do I recognize which MIDI was the frontrunning beats because some MIDIs don't play!
EDIT: Seems even you couldn't remove the beats. CTGP-7 loads the beats for DS Airship Fortress! So that is the only course which is an exception.

Last edited by Gaming796,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tried. I extracted all CSEQs from the BCSAR and converted them to MIDI. Problem is how do I recognize which MIDI was the frontrunning beats because some MIDIs don't play!
I didn't even know it was possible to convert cseq to midi, In my case I had to try one by one until I found the proper one.

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I GOT IT @PabloMK7!!! What I did was:
1) Open ROMFS\Sound\extData\GRP_CR_DS_KILLER_SHIP.bcgrp in HxD
2) Navigate to Hex Address: 0x262C0
3) Change the text-string "CSEQ" to "CGRP"
4) Save the BCGRP and test on 3DS

It all suddenly struck me that the BCGRP could have a sequence that was responsible. Previously, we saw that ctr_dash.bcsar had a CSEQ at hex address "0x9A1A80" which was responsible for Frontrunning beats. When I examined the entire CSEQ, I saw text strings "ikeike" and "loopstart"... Now similarly, a CSEQ at "0x262C0" in GRP_CR_DS_KILLER_SHIP.bcgrp had the same text strings. I immediately did the needful and removed the beats.

Last edited by Gaming796,

Alej0hio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
alej0hio.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Norway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.