ROM Hack Official Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7)

What would you like to see more?

• New Custom Tracks

Votes: 114 61.6%
  • New Extra Features (such as backwards cam, etc)

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that would allow for people to hack their save data and unlock the achievements.
No offense, but so what if they could? I personally don't see why that's any reason to lock down the security of a rom hack of all things to the point where it inconveniences others who just want to play the game or transfer their saves. It's not like doing so would allow online cheating, it's just achievements.
At the end of the day, it is your project, and it's your call on how to handle the situation, but it seems silly to me to take something like that so seriously.
It sort of reminds me of how CTGP Revolution has strict anti-piracy, despite the game being out of print for like a decade and Wii disc drive failure being a thing. I get not wanting to encourage piracy, but you can't even legally buy the game anymore aside from secondhand sales, which Nintendo makes nothing from anyways.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No offense, but so what if they could? I personally don't see why that's any reason to lock down the security of a rom hack of all things to the point where it inconveniences others who just want to play the game or transfer their saves. It's not like doing so would allow online cheating, it's just achievements.
At the end of the day, it is your project, and it's your call on how to handle the situation, but it seems silly to me to take something like that so seriously.
It sort of reminds me of how CTGP Revolution has strict anti-piracy, despite the game being out of print for like a decade and Wii disc drive failure being a thing. I get not wanting to encourage piracy, but you can't even legally buy the game anymore aside from secondhand sales, which Nintendo makes nothing from anyways.
What?
Because then it doesn't make sense to have a CTWW leaderboard, it doesn't make sense to have dedicated discord server roles for those who put the effort into getting the achievements legitimately, and it doesn't have any sense for me to put any effort into creating any unlockables if you can just hack them with the press of a button. What do you think, that achievements and leaderboards are developed in 5 minutes? They take time to make and I'll put the necessary measures to make sure they make sense to exist.
Hope to see if anyone can make a save file shareable between 3DS and Citra in future
Very respectful of you to tell a dev to their face for someone to break their work. 🤡

Sasula

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wondering if we can merge with another mod courses into a new cup like:

Mario Kart Wii 3DS​

Or get some tracks from this mod and replace some of this mod, any idea?

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does thid work with Citra Android? The installer just keeps crashing on me or giving errors.
Speaking of... I've been wondering how the recent Citra closure announcement will affect CTGP-7 compatibility going forward. How much of an impact will Citra's closure have (particularly with online play/etc)?

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Speaking of... I've been wondering how the recent Citra closure announcement will affect CTGP-7 compatibility going forward. How much of an impact will Citra's closure have (particularly with online play/etc)?
1709674669248.png

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@PabloMK7 Any news on when we may see CTGP-8/Deluxe for the Switch? The website has not had any updates in months. Thanks by the way.
I don't know, you should ask the developers of that mod.

Are you still planning to update CTGP-7 on 3DS?
Why would I stop? 3DS or emulator build will continue.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@PabloMK7 regarding the v1.5 not working with Citra Android, can I continue to use the current version after the update has been released?

This is easily the most comprehensive and impressive mario kart mod out of all the systems and variants, I'd really hate to lose this!

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The "current version" of? You will need an updated Citra fork, such as mine, to continue playing.
Current version of CTGP-7... as it runs on my version of the last citra public build and would like to keep it that way if the v1.5 CTGP-7 will not work with said last build.

Edit..

I believe I have may have found your github... :yay3ds:

darkvoid20

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hi,can someone help?I cant go online from couple of days,am on ctgp7 1.5.6,new 3ds xl,and i got error 006-0502,i tried restart router,another internet connection...all other online is working ,only ctgp7 not...

Last edited by darkvoid20,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol