Not open for further replies.

Baallrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I've got a problem, when I last check the version of Luma3ds I see that I was on a hourly version, not stable.
How to be back on stable ?
I tried to updated with selected stable but I'm still on hourly ...

In addition, can I update the firmware of my 3ds to 11.4 or stay in my current firmware ?
Soon or later a game will requier higher firmware. If I remember well I'm on 11.2.

Thank you very much.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

I've got a problem, when I last check the version of Luma3ds I see that I was on a hourly version, not stable.
How to be back on stable ?
I tried to updated with selected stable but I'm still on hourly ...

In addition, can I update the firmware of my 3ds to 11.4 or stay in my current firmware ?
Soon or later a game will requier higher firmware. If I remember well I'm on 11.2.

Thank you very much.
I updated to 11.4 and the updated Luma to nighly.
Everything works apart from HBL

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asking here since the above post worries me : I am on 11.2, and used menuhax that boot into HBL, where I go into Luma. If I want to update my EmuNAND to 11.4, does it break stuff, or not ?
Yes, it does if you have O3DS. Get a9lh. Less worry. Make a backup before you update if you decide to. Also people reporting some things not working properly, but not sure if it's true. Haven't updated yet.
https://3ds.guide/

SWRosetta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i see my comment was ignored.

I boot MK7 loading the redirected romfs and it gives me a black screen after the MK7 logo vanishes

Any possible reason why this happens?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
You mean payload from HBL? Where can i download just that from please?
You can get it from http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ . In the dropdown box you make it be 11.2.0-999 and be sure to select your 3ds version (old/new) and region. Then rename the payload to either OLD-11-4-0-37-USA.bin or NEW-11-4-0-37-USA.bin (replace USA with your region if you have a EU/JP 3ds) and put it in your hblauncherloader folder on the SD card.

if you have homebrew CIA, Press and hold X button to download the latest update.

That won't work on o3DS and apparently the n3DS payload has some compatibility issues. Fortunately the 11.2 payloads work if you have a recent Luma hourly/nightly.

O3ds I think you rename it and n3ds just download the ropbin from the website and put it in HBLAUNCHER menu on the sd card. But I'm sure the o3ds the HBLAUNCHER doesn't work and you'll have to wait for @smealum to update it all.

Or you can try the 11.2 payload using the instructions above. While I haven't tested it on an o3DS I am currently using the 11.2 payload on a n3DS with 11.4 with no problems.

Last edited by nl255,

marbles73

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand, if homebrew launcher doesn't work does that mean you can't use any homebrew at all? Will Pokemon not open?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand, if homebrew launcher doesn't work does that mean you can't use any homebrew at all? Will Pokemon not open?

No, it means you can't use any 3dsx format homebrew on an o3DS unless you use my workaround. Cia format homebrew still works fine.

Don Ravioli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well that's weird.I decided to try updating Luma to hourly, THEN install the update... only to end up with 11.3. Which is fine by me, for now anyway. Not feeling brave enough to test the consequences of a 11.4 EmuNAND, but if someone does, please tell me.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

Ok, go here http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ and choose OLD, 11, 2, 0, 999, E, and then click download otherapp. Rename the file you just downloaded to OLD-11-4-0-37-EUR.bin . Now remove the SD card from your 3DS and put it in your computer, on the SD card you will find a folder called homebrewlauncherloader (if you do not have that folder then you have an older version of hbl, update it by downloading the cia from the link below and installing it, then run it to create said folder). Copy OLD-11-4-0-37-USA.bin to that folder.

Also, if you aren't sure whether you have 1.3 of the hbl cia, you can download it here https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases .

Reactions: juniorcba

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nightlies have issues with some titles like the one you mention and others too and is a kinda a hit and miss situation with the region/language setting for some games, as I personally don't use hourly builds since they are for testing and not general use.
I have never had an issue with Luma nightly/hourly builds. I think that it's best for people to update to the latest nightly and update their system to 11.4 (making a NAND backup beforehand, of course).

Ok, go here http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ and choose OLD, 11, 2, 0, 999, E, and then click download otherapp. Rename the file you just downloaded to OLD-11-4-0-37-EUR.bin . Now remove the SD card from your 3DS and put it in your computer, on the SD card you will find a folder called homebrewlauncherloader (if you do not have that folder then you have an older version of hbl, update it by downloading the cia from the link below and installing it, then run it to create said folder). Copy OLD-11-4-0-37-USA.bin to that folder.
You can just download the proper 11.4.0-37 payload from Smea's site; no need to choose 11.2.0-999.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what's the deal with homebrew launcher cia version?

if i grab the 11.2 payload, then it will work? if that is done will the other homebrew work?

i need to be SURE before i update the O3ds.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have never had an issue with Luma nightly/hourly builds. I think that it's best for people to update to the latest nightly and update their system to 11.4 (making a NAND backup beforehand, of course).

You can just download the proper 11.4.0-37 payload from Smea's site; no need to choose 11.2.0-999.

Will it work with O3ds
Also where do i find the payload

Last edited by shanefromoz,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
so what's the deal with homebrew launcher cia version?
if i grab the 11.2 payload, then it will work? if that is done will the other homebrew work?
i need to be SURE before i update the O3ds.
Will it work with O3ds
Also where do i find the payload
Make sure you have version 1.3 of the HBL.cia, then download the OLD 11.4.0-37 [region] payload from Smea's site and rename it OLD-11-4-0-37-[region].bin and put it in the hblauncherloader folder. You can download the otherapp payload from Smea's site here, jsut scroll down a bit.

I see no reason why it wouldn't work on O3DS (I can confirm that it works fine on my EUR N3DS), but just make a NAND backup with A9LH before you run the system update, and make sure that you have the latest Luma nightly/hourly.

does aurora abandoned this CFW?
No, Nightly/Hourly builds for Luma are being released regularly.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/NchZ-mHqTb0?si=GSpRRrJ-yLRxQ39E