Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

WBW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you provide me with a link to said guide? I cant create a new NNID, do you think that issue would be fixed too? i heard i need to back up my nand or something.
Check the guide again — it has a section for it.

2pado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the guide again — it has a section for it.
Ok just one last question, when you said "do a system format" did you meant to do so directly from the system settings like i would with a non-CFW 3DS?

If so, woulndt that erase the custom firmware i installed?

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
First, thanks for all the hard work and wonderfull work!

My question: When I use my new 3ds using the "New 3DS CPU" option ON (Clock+L2) Does this still overclocks the CPU speed while on DS mode or GBA mode? Or this speed is only available on 3ds games and VC??

Thank you guys, if anybody know, I'll be glad to hear! (hopefully someone who actually knows though :ph34r:).

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
First, thanks for all the hard work and wonderfull work!

My question: When I use my new 3ds using the "New 3DS CPU" option ON (Clock+L2) Does this still overclocks the CPU speed while on DS mode or GBA mode? Or this speed is only available on 3ds games and VC??

Thank you guys, if anybody know, I'll be glad to hear! (hopefully someone who actually knows though :ph34r:).
It does not iirc

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Reactions: nashismo

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
there was no need to say that honestly

If you are to type in another language, please provide an English translation.
He said "Thanks friend! Thanks from Chile with a lot of cold". My english translation might not be 100% accurate, but welp, not going to think about it now, I'm sleepy. Spanish is very similar to my own language.

Snow3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
0eJK7kK.png

I'm having issues with installing this fix as the NAND FIRMs package is missing and I had already installed a patched TWL_FIRM before. GBA Games work fine but it's not letting me play DSi or run my flashcart.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.

It says to boot 4.x NAND, I need a numberous file to rename firmware.bin. Well, that's correct.
But also another file which appears to be named 'cetk' (without quotes) and you have to rename it 'cetk' (without quotes).
But it's cetk already, it has no extension, what do I have to do/name with it?

And do I need to create the luma folder on the SD Card?
I'm planning to use browserhax, since Ninjhax 1 = RIP unless there's a QR code for 4.5E somehow (Yes, I have an EUR 3DS lmao)

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
0eJK7kK.png

I'm having issues with installing this fix as the NAND FIRMs package is missing and I had already installed a patched TWL_FIRM before. GBA Games work fine but it's not letting me play DSi or run my flashcart.
I can not give you direct link for these firms. but you can find all the links at corbenik cfw github readme. so if you really need go and check it.

Sent from my 403SC using Tapatalk

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
0eJK7kK.png

I can not give you direct link for these firms. but you can find all the links at corbenik cfw github readme. so if you really need go and check it.

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have a question.

It says to boot 4.x NAND, I need a numberous file to rename firmware.bin. Well, that's correct.
But also another file which appears to be named 'cetk' (without quotes) and you have to rename it 'cetk' (without quotes).
But it's cetk already, it has no extension, what do I have to do/name with it?

And do I need to create the luma folder on the SD Card?
I'm planning to use browserhax, since Ninjhax 1 = RIP unless there's a QR code for 4.5E somehow (Yes, I have an EUR 3DS lmao)

Yes, you have to make luma foldet first.
"cetk", for native firm.
"cetk_twl",
"cetk_agb",
"cetk_safe"

Last edited by Februarysn0w,

inaitsirti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having problems booting games that require lots of RAM like MH4 and Smash. I've read the wiki and tried everything on the following page: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-troubleshooting to try and fix my problems, but nothing worked!

Also I saw that the wiki said I could try to disable my boot loader, but I'm not even sure how to really go about doing that and I'm not sure if I even have a boot manager (Bootctr9, ctrbootmanager9, or arm9select). Sorry I'm a complete noob at this! :/

I've also tried updating and downgrading my version of Luma because I saw that some people said they were able to resolve the issue by doing so. I think it may be possible that the contents in my Luma folder are not right. If anyone has any other suggestions on what I can do to fix my problem, that would be great! Thanks!

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
so ntr does not work on extened memory games so could some thing be made for luma which allows you to cheat in games since the cfw runs in the backround so you could just pres a button to run it while palying the game this would also be better then ntr since its not supported

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you have to make luma foldet first.
"cetk", for native firm.
"cetk_twl",
"cetk_agb",
"cetk_safe"

Oh ok, only had "cetk",.
And then I need to go to reboot.ms/3ds and load Luma3DS.dat from there ?
Since I got an error occured, but like I said, I only had the cetk lol (already have that cetk in the luma folder btw)

Can Luma also boot 11.1 emuNAND? (I'm on 4.5.0-8E sysNAND) My sysNAND version, that's why I'm asking.

Last edited by thekarter104,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
hey guys, havent done much on my ds systems,

is this the latest a9lh https://github.com/AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax/releases the top one precompiled , i want to upgrade my a9lh , i am on v2.

is that one the v3? and damn i dont remember if i was using screeninit, or noscreeninit xD..
i think it was noscreeninit..
hmm

Reactions: Februarysn0w

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Februarysn0w
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o