Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted-394630

That's what I thought. But I'll still need a flashcart, huh? I can't play Ds games straight off of my SD?
Nope, not yet, of course. Probably not until something like nintendo releasing a true DS game in the eshop. But I heard desume was ported to the 3ds and runs exceptionally

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So, can anyone help me with this?
Whenever I inject it, I get "hs.enc has wrong size" and the inject fails.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I install them on sysnand? FBI throws an error at me when I use it through menuhax.
You have to load a CFW into sysnand first, then load HBL from CFW for FBI to work. If it's too hard for you to trigger menuhax a second time while booting a CFW into sysnand, you may want to reconsider the config you're using to trigger your menuhax. At least temporarily, set it to use the same button your CFW of choice uses to boot into sysnand (or if it's an option, config your CFW to autoboot sysnand, and hold your menuhax trigger button down while booting it). At that point, you can use FBI to install FBI to the home menu.

I never saw a good reason for the injection thing. (then again, I use a GW, so it's never been trouble installing anything on sysnand with FBI.3ds)

Last edited by urherenow,

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, can anyone help me with this?

Why are you injecting that? For FBI over H&S?
Anyways, you're injecting the wrong file
After using UIG you should have gotten two new files out of it
One with "with banner" and "no banner" cia files, choose one of the two and install it wherever you need it to be

D

Deleted-394630

Why are you injecting that? For FBI over H&S?
Anyways, you're injecting the wrong file
After using UIG you should have gotten two new files out of it
One with "with banner" and "no banner" cia files, choose one of the two and install it wherever you need it to be
I know, I used the tutorial. "Use the universal injector, inject either the with or without banner .app" When I tried this, it either removes H&S from the home screen, or throws the error at me. (When it is missing from the home screen, I just re-inject hs.app and it comes back.)

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, I used the tutorial. "Use the universal injector, inject either the with or without banner .app" When I tried this, it either removes H&S from the home screen, or throws the error at me. (When it is missing from the home screen, I just re-inject hs.app and it comes back.)

... Out of all the times I did H&S injecting, that has never happened, you must be doing something wrong buddy
Or your 3DS needs to seek a Ninty Doctor

What region is your 3DS? I'll make with banner cia file and upload for you, currently on break at work

D

Deleted-394630

... Out of all the times I did H&S injecting, that has never happened, you must be doing something wrong buddy

What region is your 3DS? I'll make with banner cia file and upload for you, currently on break at work
Wait, do I need A9LH? If so, working on it.

What do I do! I accidentally formatted SYSNAND! Help! I did the first format on emunand, and accidentally did the second on sysnand! I was at this section,

Wait, do I need A9LH? If so, working on it.

What do I do! I accidentally formatted SYSNAND! Help! I did the first format on emunand, and accidentally did the second on sysnand! I was at this section,
Section IV - RedNAND Prep
  1. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS, press Start and right at the same time to reboot, then boot your 3DS into RedNAND using any CFW (if you followed Part 3 of this guide, you can do this by launching Luma3DS from the HomeBrew Launcher)
  2. Launch the Health and Safety Application (which is now FBI) on RedNAND
  3. Navigate to SD then TinyFormat.cia and press A to install
  4. Press home to exit FBI, then launch TinyFormat using the home menu icon
  5. Press Y to format RedNAND
  6. Reboot back into RedNAND and complete initial setup without signing into your Nintendo Network ID
    • Be patient, this boot after format has been reported take as long as two minutes for some users!
  7. Repeat steps 1 through 6, this is not optional (in other words, you must TinyFormat your RedNAND twice - if you do not, your device may brick when you downgrade)
  8. Remove any TWL_FIRM modifications done to the device or PlaiSysUpdater will throw an error
    (if you have no idea what this is, don't worry about it; most users will not need to do this)
    • To do this, use 3DNUS to download the stock TWL_FIRM as a CIA, then install it
    • New 3DS TWL_FIRM Title ID: 0004013820000102
    • Old 3DS / 2DS TWL_FIRM Title ID: 0004013800000102
  9. Launch the Health and Safety Application (which is now FBI)
  10. Navigate to SD then PlaiSysUpdater.cia and press A to install

D

Deleted-394630

Dude what are you doing...
You are aids to my head right now lol
Just setup your sysNAND again
Okay, so sorry. I'm just really lost. Is it still possibile to set up A9LH, do I have to format my emunand 1 extra time to unlink them?

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so its been a good while since i hacked my own 3DS. My nephew has bought a N3DS system, is there a guide about that covers getting luma onto a N3DS from out of the box at all??

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I've recently switched from MenuHax & ReiNAND to A9LH & Luma 5.5 - but now, all my GBA Games just boot into a black screen. - They worked just fine while using ReiNAND - is there anything special I need to do?
Just installed the games normally, like any other game. (Just got a SysNAND no EmuNAND) Got really no clue what to do. :c

D

Deleted-394630

Hello, I've recently switched from MenuHax & ReiNAND to A9LH & Luma 5.5 - but now, all my GBA Games just boot into a black screen. - They worked just fine while using ReiNAND - is there anything special I need to do?
Just installed the games normally, like any other game. (Just got a SysNAND no EmuNAND) Got really no clue what to do. :c
I have the same setup, are you sure you don't need to update Luma? GBA games work fine on 5.5 for me.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno who to refer to for this but Out of region Download play doesn't seem to be working properly. I tried with Nes VC games and the japanese Super C game on my USA 3ds doesn't let me use download play, it tells me to turn on wireless mode which is already on but doesn't do anything. So if anyone didn't know or wish to fix, I am just saying. :unsure:

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've used the Plailect guide, around a week ago. And yes, everything is up to date.
E:// Installed an older build, now its working fine. Very weird.

Last edited by Zephir1991,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1