Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry to keep you waiting, I was trying to make O3DS 10.4 FIRM work. I was successful (also thanks to the sdmmc calculator from Rei). So I updated the code with the latest ReiNand updates, and I updated the O3DS FIRM to the 10.4 one from the 9.6 one. You need to get it again from the iso site, sorry about that (and I'll also upload it to the other site that I was suggested).

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to keep you waiting, I was trying to make O3DS 10.4 FIRM work. I was successful (also thanks to the sdmmc calculator from Rei). So I updated the code with the latest ReiNand updates, and I updated the O3DS FIRM to the 10.4 one from the 9.6 one. You need to get it again from the iso site, sorry about that (and I'll also upload it to the other site that I was suggested).
Is this still based off ReiNAND 3.1?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
DS cart = yes
DSiWare = if you install them on both sysnand and emunand. Same as the original build.
Oh neat!
Does it matter if I have unlinked nands though?
Would I still be able to boot DSiWare even with unlinked nands but with the same DSiWare installed on both?

soulskeeper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I made a small mod to ReiNand, to add some features. This was for my personal use, but I decided to go ahead and share it.

Compared to the official 3.1 build, this has:
- N3DS 10.4 FIRM support
- O3DS support (on >= 7.x consoles only)
- SysNAND support (both with the 10.2 FIRM and the 9.0/9.2 FIRM on NAND).
- Splash screen only delays boot if rei/splash.bin is on the SD card.
- No ARM9 thread (in the official builds, this provides the "Ver." cosmetic patch in System Settings, which happens to patch random "Ver."s in FCRAM, and thus made me uncomfortable, Pokemon screenshots and FCRAM dumping).

How to use:
- Unpack the ReiNand.dat, and the 3dsx/smdh (if needed), and the appropriate rei- folder for your console. Rename the folder to just "rei", and put the firmware.bin in it. New and Old 3DSes have different firmwares! With the latest release, N3DS needs a 10.4 firmware.bin. The one provided in the official build is no longer suitable! O3DS needs the 10.4 FIRM too, so make sure you update it if you used a previous release! I uploaded them to some "iso" 3DS site, in the CFW discussions section (this should be enough to Google it).
- Normally emuNAND is autobooted. On Old3DS, the FIRM reboot patch is applied by default, to allow games which work in the larger RAM mode (Smash Bros, MH4...) to work. This prevents GBA and DS/DSiWare games from working, however, you can disable the patch by holding A on boot.
- If you hold L on boot, sysNAND will be booted with the 10.4 FIRM and signature checks patched (like Brickway). On O3DS the reboot patch is also applied.
- If your console has 9.0/9.2 on SysNAND, you can boot SysNAND with the 9.0 FIRM and patched signature checks. To do this hold L+R on boot. On O3DS, the reboot patch won't be applied. If your console (O3DS) is not on 9.x, it will be detected and it will just hang on a black screen.

I'd like to stress that none of this is my work. The O3DS offsets are from CakesFW, as well as the reboot patch code. The offset to detect the console, and to calculate the O3DS NAND CTR is from Decrypt9.

Download (source code is included): http://www95.zippyshare.com/v/WSjNdRJp/file.html

v2: Added checks to make ReiNand halt when using an encrypted (Cakes ones) firmware.bin, or a N3DS firmware on an O3DS and vice-versa, re-added splash screen (it shows for longer than the brief flash of the official build, and boot isn't delayed if the splash isn't on the SD card), the 10.4 FIRM is now used for N3DS.
v3: Newest changes from the official build, implemented the 10.4 FIRM for O3DS.
can anyone make a guide from start to finish on how to install ReiNand with those changes in mind from start to finish?

I'm having a hard time understanding this 100%, used to rxTools

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone make a guide from start to finish on how to install ReiNand with those changes in mind from start to finish?

I'm having a hard time understanding this 100%, used to rxTools
Same way as how you would install the regular ReiNAND, or any other CFW (such as RxTools) really.
Download the zip file from the op, place the corresponding folders/files (depending on if you're using a o3DS or n3DS) to the root of your SD card.
Then get the firmware.bin file off that iso site.
Place the corresponding firmware.bin file (depending on if you're using a o3DS or n3DS) into the "rei" folder on your SD card.
Then you should be good. If you're coldbooting into RxTools, simply switch that to ReiNAND.

soulskeeper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Same way as how you would install the regular ReiNAND, or any other CFW (such as RxTools) really.
Download the zip file from the op, place the corresponding folders/files (depending on if you're using a o3DS or n3DS) to the root of your SD card.
Then get the firmware.bin file off that iso site.
Place the corresponding firmware.bin file (depending on if you're using a o3DS or n3DS) into the "rei" folder on your SD card.
Then you should be good. If you're coldbooting into RxTools, simply switch that to ReiNAND.
so I do all of those things after I finish installing reinand?

the firmware.bin goes to: SD:\rei\emunand\?, where the emunand bin is or am I wrong?

and how do I know I found the right file in that iso file? how do I look for it?

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I do all of those things after I finish installing reinand?

the firmware.bin goes to: SD:\rei\emunand\?, where the emunand bin is or am I wrong?

and how do I know I found the right file in that iso file? how do I look for it?
No, you don't even need to install the original ReiNAND. You can simply install this from the get-go.
Firmware.bin goes in SD:\rei\.
Go to that iso site, then CFW Discussions, then look for a thread called "Firmware for ReiNAND" by Aurora Wright.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Trying to launch my R4i Gold on my Old3DS just results in a black screen. I tried installed the flashcart timewarp, which is what I used to get my R4i to work on my SysNAND, but it didn't fix anything.
Also, seriously great work! This has overtaken RXTools as my main!

Reactions: kiwiis

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to launch my R4i Gold on my Old3DS just results in a black screen. I tried installed the flashcart timewarp, which is what I used to get my R4i to work on my SysNAND, but it didn't fix anything.
My r4i gold works perfectly on n3ds with 10.4 emunand but I also have old whitelists installed in both NANDs.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
O3DS is different. Basically native firm reboots when you launch a game which requires 80 MB of RAM (smash bros, mh4 and maybe others). Of course this would reboot into sysnand FIRM and undo all changes, so you wouldn't be able to play those. So (Gateway I guess?) came up with a patch to have FIRM reload itself from the sdcard instead of nand (that's what the patched_firmware is used for, only on O3DS). So the firm reloads from that file (which has all the patches), and the game is launched. Sadly, this forces all FIRM reboots to do this, so even when FIRM tries to reboot to agb or twl firm, it tries to do that (and I guess it crashes as you're not booting 3ds software). You can disable the patch by holding A on boot (you lose 80 MB games support for that boot, but you're able to use GBA and DS/DSi stuff)

Mr_Q

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Aurora Wright
Thank you for the mod.

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work (not via Hombrew Launcher nor via ctrbootmgr). I think I have the correct firmware.bin but since I have no md5sum, I can't validate for sure.

Could you provide us the 10.4 N3DS firmware.bin MD5 we should use with your MOD?
Do you have any other clues why I get a black screen? SYSNAND 9.2 with EMUNAND 10.3.

Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night