Homebrew List of emulators that run on the DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
There must be some way we can get this into the newbies skull. Put it in the header or something in 10 foot high letters. YOU NEED A SLOT-2 EXPANSON TO PLAY GBA GAMES ON A DS!!!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh...
frown.gif

All these great threads are now only husks of their former selves without the actual first posts that contain...well, the lists of related items.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mobile phone games that run on Java (MIDP) can sometimes be run with PSTROS NDS. Not all games work, but it's worth trying.

shinnyuuya

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
DanTheManMS said:
Mobile phone games that run on Java (MIDP) can sometimes be run with PSTROS NDS. Not all games work, but it's worth trying.

can PSTROS NDS played a 'jar' file? i have put the 'jar' file but they are not appear

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinnyuuya said:
DanTheManMS said:

can PSTROS NDS played a 'jar' file? i have put the 'jar' file but they are not appear
Use "JadMaker" to create a .jad file for your .jar game. Put both on your card in the same spot, and choose the .jad file from the PSTROS menu.

shinnyuuya

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
DanTheManMS said:
shinnyuuya said:
DanTheManMS said:

Use "JadMaker" to create a .jad file for your .jar game. Put both on your card in the same spot, and choose the .jad file from the PSTROS menu.

i have convert the .jar into .jad. but the game can't load (JVM Exited with 127). can i ask what java game (like Nokia, Sony Ericsson,LG,etc) can played on PSTROS NDS? mine is for Sony Ericsson and it can't play

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mobile phone games made with Java and MIDP should be universal to all phones that support MIDP, which includes most phones made in the past several years.

Try a different game. PSTROS DS isn't very compatible as far as I can tell, but you may have luck with certain games. I got Line Rider to work when testing in no$gba once, but I don't remember if it worked on actual hardware or not.

Also, you're not "converting" the .jar to a .jad file. You're simply creating a .jad file that tells the system where the .jar file is and what to do with it. You have to have both files in the same spot on the card.

Notyalc

Trophies
XP
Country
Mike83 said:
Just put SNEmulDS on my M3 lite. Tried Mario, got all giddy when it loaded up. Tried Mario 1, seemed fine, but the bottom of the screen was cut off. Mario 3, none of the characters could be seen. Still, looks promising
smile.gif

You might want to fiddle with the settings then. I think you've got to make it fulllscreen, then you should see the bottom 'row' of the games.
It looks neater too.
(May want to save it's settings once you've got it how you want)

ParMa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No n64 emulator for the DS? Aww... you figure since the DS has a slight edge over the n64 in terms of well.. power, that this type of emulation would have at least been in a Alpha or Beta stage by now, if not almost complete after three years.

I wish I knew the first thing about making these, I don't have shit to do all day, If I knew how, I'd have one out by now... even if it was just a futile attempt or a crappy build.

BUT... I am happy about the GBC emulator. Say hello RETRO POKEMON PINBALL!!!!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, there is no N64 emulator for the DS. Emulation usually requires the host system to be several times more powerful than the system being emulated, and the DS isn't nearly powerful enough for that to happen.

ParMa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... saw the sitcky right before I came here. I suppose that's why the PSP blows at emulating the DS... who even thought of that?

Even so, this is a nice list, though the links to nesDS and snesDS are dead..

has1011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kool there s more than iexpacted how did u find all of theese
unsure.gif

Posts merged

Kool there s more than iexpacted how did u find all of theese
unsure.gif

ParMa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how would snesDS work on acekard 2i? Had it working, not sure if its just that it can't support Top Gear correctly.. nearly unplayable graphics glitches. I heard I needed to DLDI patch it or something...

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tend to stick with the handheld emulators due to the screen resolution being lower than that of the old consoles. That limits me to S8DS and Lameboy, basically. S8Ds seems to be th eonly one in current development these days. I guess the PSP is just a more popular system for emulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up