Hacking Supercard DStwo plug-ins

uomoartificiale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi. I've recently compiled a version of scummvmDS that actually works with the 3DS. The thread where you can download the build is here.

I just switched to a DSTwo, so I created the plugins for all the scummvmDS engines (a-k) included:
scummvmk.png
ScummVMDS Plugin | Program

I know a plugin already exists but it doesn't seem to get along the naming convention that comes with the current scummVMDS build. This plugin is made exactly to address that, just copy all the program package files inside _dstwoplug/ and you should be able to access all the engines right away. Here's a list of the working games for each engine:
Manic Mansion A
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders A
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade A
Loom A
Passport to Adventure A
The Secret of Monkey Island A
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge A
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis A
Day of the Tentacle A
Sam & Max Hit the Road A Some slowdown in a few scenes
when MP3 audio is enabled
Bear Stormin' (DOS) A
Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise (DOS) A
Fatty Bear's Fun Pack (DOS) A
Putt-Putt's Fun Pack (DOS) A
Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon (DOS) A
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade (DOS) A Can sometimes crash due to low memory
Beneath a Steel Sky B
Flight of the Amazon Queen B
Simon the Sorcerer 1 C Zoomed view does not follow the
speaking character
Simon the Sorcerer 2 C Zoomed view does not follow the
speaking character
Elvira 1 C
Elvira 2 C
Waxworks (Amiga version) C
Gobliiins D
Gobliins 2 D
Goblins 3 D
Fascination D This game is untested on the DS
Ween: The Prophecy D
Bargon Attack D
Lost in Time D
Future Wars D
All Sierra AGI games.
For a complete list, see this page
D
Inherit the Earth E
The Legend of Kyrandia F Zoomed view does not follow the
speaking character
Lure of the Temptress G
Nippon Safes G
Return to Zork I
Leather Goddess of Phobos 2 I
Manhole I
Rodney's Funscreen I
Cruise for a Corpse K

Reactions: 1 person

Luigionos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.letsplay-minecraft.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah,

this game is not in 3D, but it can much more than dscraft. Both games are good, but this game has a bit more "MINECRAFT FLAIR". The music is cool :D. Is it in .fx or .mod? This would be great, because I want to test a editor witch can import .mod or .fx. And wats more epic than the Minecraft music? ;) But, I´ve a question: How can I use the workbensh in Minecraft 2D? I don´t know it...

guicale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to make a N64 emulator for SuperCard DSTWO?
I know it's impossible for other flashcarts, but I will buy a DSTWO and I want to know if it's possible to make it, because DSTWO has its own processor and more power.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Does a wonderswan plugin, exist? I don't see it the on the list so I guess no? ._.
If it's not on the first post or the Wiki - then you're right - there isn't a plugin for it

Pardon for my ignorance though - what is 'WonderSwan' ??
AFAI can find out - it's a japanese gaming system or something
swancrystalblue.jpg
Yet the only Wonderswan Emulator I can find for this is Dualswan 1.2.1 - Is this what you mean ??

EDIT: done a quick plugin for you if this is what you mean....
Also added it to the Wiki page as well - but unfortunately I've not tried out the Emulator.... not got any Wonderswan ROM's to test it with ;)

If you try it out & it works... post your result back here please

DualSwan.jpg
Program download link / Plugin Download Link

PyroSpark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does a wonderswan plugin, exist? I don't see it the on the list so I guess no? ._.
If it's not on the first post or the Wiki - then you're right - there isn't a plugin for it

Pardon for my ignorance though - what is 'WonderSwan' ??
AFAI can find out - it's a japanese gaming system or something
swancrystalblue.jpg
Yet the only Wonderswan Emulator I can find for this is Dualswan 1.2.1 - Is this what you mean ??

EDIT: done a quick plugin for you if this is what you mean....
Also added it to the Wiki page as well - but unfortunately I've not tried out the Emulator.... not got any Wonderswan ROM's to test it with ;)

If you try it out & it works... post your result back here please

DualSwan.jpg
Program download link / Plugin Download Link

Those are what I'm looking for, but they don't appear to work. ._. For the ds program it just shows a black screen with an arrow you can scroll down with. It won't let you navigate folders and even having the .wsc program in the same folder won't make it appear. The gba one just does...nothing. And the plugin doesn't seem to show up. Going by my other plugins, I guessing because it lacks a plg file. Thank you for searching, though!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Those are what I'm looking for, but they don't appear to work. ._. For the ds program it just shows a black screen with an arrow you can scroll down with. It won't let you navigate folders and even having the .wsc program in the same folder won't make it appear. The gba one just does...nothing. And the plugin doesn't seem to show up. Going by my other plugins, I guessing because it lacks a plg file. Thank you for searching, though!
Sorry to here that.... I did some more googling & found out that the original developer (I assume he is the developer) hasn't updated it since ~2006 & that 1.2.1 doesn't support DLDI
...but I DID find that there's been a post on GBATemp that points to another version (note: that you have to rename this one from 'ws.dualswan.nds' to 'dualswan.nds' for the plugin to work)

The bad news is that it doesn't seem to work properly either..I managed to find a Wonderswan 'WS' ROM (this modified version only seems to accept 'ws' files it seems) to try it out & despite the rom showing up.... all that happens is I get a white screen on the top & a 'FPS:' on the bottom

Over on the developers blog - it seems the source code is avaliable to download.... any programmers willing to have a go at updating this emulator ??

EDIT: seems like in the GBATemp post - the emulator can't do/use 4Meg+ ROMs & guess what that ROM I found is... 4Meg.
Maybe THAT is why it doesn't run ???

EDIT #2: OK found a couple of smaller ROMs and it DOES work - but the framerate is dreadfully slllooooowwwwww (one game only get 2-4fps, the other 10-20fps), & the screen display flickers badly on the faster fps game....Looks like this emulator would need an awful lot of work done to it

(Also Changed the 'program link' on the Wiki to go to the 'working' (!!) version)

alidsl

I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The Pokesav for NDS link is broken. The second thing, not the bmp/ini files. Anyone have another link for it?
Unfortunately I believe the project has been discontinued, Ill look for another download link though

Edit: I cant find a download link for it anywhere, if anyone else has one that would be great

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*