Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Did anyone actually ever bricked their device by downgrading.
I mean without selecting the wrong dw_pack, dropping the device while doing, or the battery dies.

I've got a 9.2 3ds with gateway, and i don't like the internet connection on my sysNand, but without it i can't boot into gateway mode, so i would like to downgrade it, but all the warnings about bricking your device are scaring me a little.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone actually ever bricked their device by downgrading.
I mean without selecting the wrong dw_pack, dropping the device while doing, or the battery dies.

I've got a 9.2 3ds with gateway, and i don't like the internet connection on my sysNand, but without it i can't boot into gateway mode, so i would like to downgrade it, but all the warnings about bricking your device are scaring me a little.
I have not heard of any but downgrading wasn't for me as I needed to keep ny retail cart saves.

There is a chance GW will release something Friday, I would wait and see if anything happens and then make a decision.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have not heard of any but downgrading wasn't for me as I needed to keep ny retail cart saves.

There is a chance GW will release something Friday, I would wait and see if anything happens and then make a decision.

I will wait until then, but i think it will just be N3DS support, nothing new for 3ds users,

steveo581

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with new releases do you need to worry about the game updating your 3ds if your using gateway? do you usually wait for a new patch or something? curious about the process, just got gateway, and majora releasing soon (eu out i think). NA gateway is region free but sky isnt?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with new releases do you need to worry about the game updating your 3ds if your using gateway? do you usually wait for a new patch or something? curious about the process, just got gateway, and majora releasing soon (eu out i think). NA gateway is region free but sky isnt?
1. No becuase we use emunand.
2. We wait for a patch from gateway before updating emunand.
3. Sky is not region free. There is a thread about some solution called regionthree.

steveo581

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i should not try to play new releases until i get the emunand thing going? i hadnt the time yet. once i have that is it ok to try new releases or still wait for patch?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i should not try to play new releases until i get the emunand thing going? i hadnt the time yet. once i have that is it ok to try new releases or still wait for patch?
You should not do anything except make a NAND backup until you have emunand setup. Read the manual on the gateway website.

Gateway does not need to be patched for each game if that's what you are asking. If the game will play under the emunand version you have you are good to go.

steveo581

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your help. i got the nand then went right into backups. i was lucky they were older games and my 3ds was like 9.2 before i got gateway. once i have emunand set up do i have to choose it or will it just always be on?

Reactions: thorasgar

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
thanks for your help. i got the nand then went right into backups. i was lucky they were older games and my 3ds was like 9.2 before i got gateway. once i have emunand set up do i have to choose it or will it just always be on?

You have too boot into it through the gateway launcher

Reactions: thorasgar

Breith

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I have a question. Since I'm using the GW (sysnand 9.2 ; emuNand 9.4) I have the impression that my 3DSXL battery last for a very shorter time.
This is only an impression or i'm not the only one?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have a question. Since I'm using the GW (sysnand 9.2 ; emuNand 9.4) I have the impression that my 3DSXL battery last for a very shorter time.
This is only an impression or i'm not the only one?
You are probably using it more now. :)

Other people report a slight increased power drain. It's normal.

[email protected]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to run gateway on 9.4 firmware by using sky3ds's program. I obviously would not be able to change roms due to the button but would it work for one game at a time?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to run gateway on 9.4 firmware by using sky3ds's program. I obviously would not be able to change roms due to the button but would it work for one game at a time?
Sky is not a program it is a flashcart. It is not possible, but is can't fault you for trying, but I also can't stop laughing.

Remind me to never let you fix my car. :)

Breith

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are probably using it more now. :)

Other people report a slight increased power drain. It's normal.

Well this is the weird part: i'm not using it. It stays in sleep mode all the day. I remember when I bought Bravely Default it stayed might be in sleep mode during 3-4 days before I need to plug the console. Now, 2 days is a maximum.
But i'm probably used to my N3DS which is new and has a better battery. It is true that I didn't use my 3DSXL since a while.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well this is the weird part: i'm not using it. It stays in sleep mode all the day. I remember when I bought Bravely Default it stayed might be in sleep mode during 3-4 days before I need to plug the console. Now, 2 days is a maximum.
But i'm probably used to my N3DS which is new and has a better battery. It is true that I didn't use my 3DSXL since a while.
Nand doesn't use the SD card reader in the 3DS while in sleep mode, or very often.
When you're in emuNand, there is constant communication to the SD card, + Nand is still being used, this results in a slightly increased power usage.

Reactions: cvskid

[email protected]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So would I be able to play a single Rom using gateway on 9.4 by using the sky3ds download? I know I could not change games without the button but would it work for a single rom? Hope this doesn't sound dumb ;) ;)

[email protected]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would I be able to install sky3ds onto my gateway flash card for firmware 9.4 and play a single 3ds rom? I would not be able to change the rom due to the button not being on gateway but would it work somehow? Hope I dont sound dumb... just really want to play 3ds roms. Thanks in advance!:yaynds:

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you understand that sky is a card just like gateway? IT IS NOT SOFTWARE. gateway has a launcher.dat and that is it. No one has ever attempted to do any sort of integration at all. You cannot put sky in, on or around a gateway. Gateway cannot do ANYTHING on 9.4 period.

Your choices are to buy a sky or buy a 9.2 or below 3DS and gateway. Then you may play hundreds of roms.

No free lunch.

Reactions: 2Hack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @AncientBois awake hide your kids