Gaming Kingdom Hearts 3D Will Not Have Cutscenes

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think this was worth its own topic, so i'll just post it here. There's some very low quality footage of the game shown here-

Also a closer look-
3dshots.png

This was a brief clip at the Nintendo conference yesterday. Almost so brief they seem like they want to hide it, so as not to spoil the big surprise at TGS. Nevertheless i will share what i've noticed with dissecting as well as some speculation-
- Sora definitely has new clothes. Looks like cross between Limit and Valor forms from KH2. May even have a new model.
- Party members are present as we can see their lifebars, but impossible to make out clearly (may be Donald and Goofy, but we've been teased new party members)
- The party members have pink bars under their main HP bar (new element?)
- Sora has his KH2 battle stance animations
- You can wall jump, looks like it's controlled via the Y button and you just press the button as you hit the wall (reflexes)
- Movement is very parkour based. Looks faster than ever, though you still can move around as normal (Sora seems to walk much faster than ever though).
- This is a new area. It may be part of Traverse Town, we see part of the old TT as well (i don't think it's a new world, but i could be wrong, never seen it in KH before regardless)
- Sora may still be in his KH1 form, though with new clothes. His mugshot is the same as his KH1 one (too hard to tell)
- Bottom screen also has the partner lifebars on it (perhaps you can switch out partners?)

That's all i can discern for now, everyone on the KH fan sites are stumped as to who the party members could be. We'll see soon enough, there's a new trailer at TGS and there will be a demo on the showfloor.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
The mugshot in the middle looks kinda like Goofy and I assume the blue mass in the one on the top would be Donald's hat.
Makes sense that they use them for the demo, I don't think they would like to give the partners away just yet.
Sora's mugshot does look like the one used for the games in which he's young. But that definitely looks like Valor Form so, I guess it may happen on an alternate "universe"? Like a dream or a simulation or something, where their appearances change but not their skills.

I don't know, we can do nothing but speculate right now. I hope more is revealed soon enough and we're not given just a trailer. This is the game I'm most looking forward to, and not just for the 3DS.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The expansion slider is compatible yes, this is one of the games on the list to support it. It won't be required of course (as we see in the video, it isn't used). But i imagine it will transform the game into using KH2-like controls. The right analog stick being used for the camera.

Doubt i'll get that expansion, i've always preferred shoulder buttons for camera control in the KH series. Never liked having to take my thumb off the face buttons to readjust the camera.

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tigris said:
Yes! Finally, no cutscenes! *fist pumps*
Cutscenes will still be there, I just assume some of them will just have QTE. I doubt Nomura would ever remove cutscenes from a game based around them.

Here's the same gameplay footage, but the quality is a bit better

[youtube]G0CwnrEjO4Y[/youtube]

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The Real Jdbye said:
I like my cutscenes, having a Square Enix game without cutscenes wouldn't feel right.
But the event scenes they've come up with could be good too. It remains to see.

coolness said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Valwin said:
so nore more emo cut scenes nice it means 100% game XD

How the fuck is anything in Kingdom Hearts emo? gtfo.

welcome to http://emotemp.net/ xd
Oh shit, it worked.
yeah, so does http://www.facebook.com/home.php
GBAtemp is dominating the world i tell you!
Anyway a lot of the KH cutscenes give me a headache
tongue.gif

D

Deleted User

Byronic Hero said:
tigris said:
Yes! Finally, no cutscenes! *fist pumps*
Cutscenes will still be there, I just assume some of them will just have QTE. I doubt Nomura would ever remove cutscenes from a game based around them.

Here's the same gameplay footage, but the quality is a bit better

[youtube]G0CwnrEjO4Y[/youtube]
ohnoes.png

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ven will probably play a role in this game. Though we don't know whether he'll be rescued in this game or KH3. There's no doubt going to be some new developments in his regard though with KH3D. The "world of sleep" or whatever they called this game's main theme fits Ven perfectly (with his body and heart being asleep). Among other things, like Xemnas' room of sleep, and even Birth By Sleep's title. Heck, one of the main theme songs shown in many of the trailers is called Destati, which is an Italian word taken from Latin roots meaning "awaken". And where you begin most of the KH games is a world called the Station of Awakening where the Destati theme is played, the dark place with the stained glass pillars (usually where you choose your weapon). This world is visited in dreams and seems to be used to awaken hidden power. I kind of see this "world of sleep" in KH3D as an enormous expansion of this.

Problem is that Ven's heart is stuck inside Sora's. It never even left his body, Roxas was Sora's cast off body with Ven's heart inside. So Sora will need to find a way to extract Ven's heart. Xehanort was able to do this with his own heart, but we don't know exactly how (maybe it's the mark of mastery, that's one of the things taught to new masters). But in addition to this, Ven's heart is also locked inside a secret chamber of Castle Oblivion called the Room of Awakening (i believe that was what it was called). Aqua is the only character still around that knows how to find and open it without getting lost in its labyrinth. So they need her as well to find the door and lead Sora to Ven, where Sora must then find a way to extract Ven's heart and give it back to Ven's body. That should wake him up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay