Homebrew Just bought a N3DS XL on 9.8; just to be safe, which SysUpdater should I use?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 7,435
  • Replies 89
  • Likes 1

Fishmore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My personal experience:

1.- I used Julian20's (SULib) one to downgrade and it NATIVE_FIRM AT THE END of the installation every single time! with 3x 9.5 FW consoles which failed mid-downgrade -> "softbrick" -> "boot without the sdCard, insert it once booted again to sysNand" -> enter via browserhax -> run sysUpdater and Downgrade again...... finishing the downgrade without a problem after that and as I said.. NATIVE_FIRM after installing the files at the end.

2.- I used one that deleted NATIVE_FIRM AT THE BEGINNING of the processs (this one lead to a softbrick which only left me recovery mode to get the console to work again... lucky me at that time the newer firmware version was 10.3 so no probs) <-- this one was downloaded from a "downgrade pack" from a youtube video tutorial I followed before finding this wonderful forum, this one was on 10.3 (first console I tried to downgrade ever).

3.- I used safeSysUpdater and it installed NATIVE_FIRM IN THE MIDDLE of the installation...... 10.1 downgraded without a hassle....
4.- I used safeSysupdater with a 9.9 Firmware N3DS and it failed miserably and ended in Frankenfirmware used OoT3D entrypoint and resumed with Julian's SysUpdater (SULib one).

4.- I had another 9.5 console I just downgraded like 10 minutes ago xD which used safeSysUpdater it failed after it NATIVE_FIRM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE INSTALLATION and it ended up in Frankenfirmware... used OoT3D as entrypoint.... resumed downgrade again with safeSysUpdater.... downgraded without a hassle after that =)

so... that's my story :P xD

Which version did you choose when you use oot3dHax to insert a savefile,, 9.9 or 9.2?

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi,

first of all, I'm sorry if this is being asked countless times, but I want to be extra-special safe that I don't brick anything.

I just wanted to ask which SysUpdater to use? SafeSysUpater? Normal SysUpdater? Also, I've seen too many forks of SysUpdater around the internet, so it's hard to choose. :unsure:

Any advice, I'd be very greatful for. :)

Thanks.
In the 3ds section? Of course this question has been asked " Countless times. ". It is the 3ds section, after all. But, seriously, my N3DS XL (JP) downgraded to 9.0 with no issues on the SafeSysUpdater thingy. You should be good. ( I can't believe I risked a Limited edition Japanese XL import on a silly donwgrade. ) But, it worked!

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to manually update my EmuNAND from 9.2 to 10.3 because reasons, and I tried installing the 10.3 N3DS CIAs through DevMenu yesterday, but it just resulted in an emunand brick. Should I use sysupdater instead, while in emunand?
If you want to manually update emunand, FIRST UNLINK THE NANDS, then just update the console in emunand (MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN EMUNAND WHEN YOU OPEN SYSTEM SETTINGS, AND THAT YOUR NANDS ARE UNLINKED). (it should be the same on N3DS as O3DS, right?)

(also, sorry if there were too many caps)

godstriker8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Downgrading is like troughing a dart, you don't know if it will work or not, until you show proof in the code that causes a higher brick rate on 9.9 or below than go right ahead,most reasons people got brick is due to using wrong fw packs

Well, the fact is that several users here got softbricks from downgrading from firmwares in the 9.Xs.

Could be luck, but all I know is that I got a softbrick on 9.4. Restored to 10.3, and worked perfectly. Used the exact same files both times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2