It's almost the end of 2013. What is your GOTY?

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
For me its Monster hunter 3U. Iv put almost 200hours into that and i still love playing it.

Just to help things move along for people who arnt sure, some big and popular games that came out this year:
- Fire emblem: awakening
- Pokemon X/Y
- GTA5
- The last of us,
- Assassins creed 4

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's all the fun of Far Cry 3 with the insanity and humor cranked up to 11. Add in the year's best soundtrack and yeah, there's no contest. Playing Blood Dragon is like mainlining fun and neon in their purest forms.

You're certainly welcome to disagree, of course, but you'd be wrong and should be ashamed.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not really played that many games this year ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-nongaming-postgaming-gamer.350157/ ) and much of what I have been playing I will probably not remember quite so well in a decade.

On the other hand roguelike elements is now a thing and I could not be happier. I have played a few along these lines now.

That said a quick scan of what came out this year says not an awful lot and not an awful lot if I downplay sequels. Hopefully GTA 5 will get a couple of expansion packs a la GTA 4.

To that end no GOTY pending me actually playing several games.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
For me it would be Dishonored, I know it's a 2012 game originally but the GotY edition just came out and that is when I played it.
It would have been GTAV but too much was cut for Online only.
For handhelds it would be Killzone Mercenary, amazing game.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not sure if it counts since it was not released this year, but I started playing osu! January 2013 and that's easily my GOTY.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm...a few decent choices this year. GTA 5 got me back into the series after I lost interest post Vice City and was a massive game, great value, fantastic humour, etc. The Last Of Us was the game that got me right in the feels the most, even if from a gameplay perspective it was fairly linear and honestly a little basic for my tastes. I've not played Bioshock Infinite yet though which I'm told is basically the game world's crack cocaine, so it'd be remiss of me to pass judgement until I've examined all of the major contenders.

WoJjTeK

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It might be weird , but... Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance wins my GOTY. The Last of Us was pretty good too, but it disappointed me in more aspects than MGR.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, my 3 most played games this year are LoL, Osu and War Thunder(awesome game, BTW), all of which were released before 2013...so, I guess Animal Crossing: New Leaf?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4