iQue Player hacking possibility with ique_diag.exe?

emoose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another status update: with the latest iQueTool we're now able to write any valid SKSAs (system updates) to the player!
There doesn't seem to be any protection against downgrading, so it should work with most of the SKSAs available to us.

There's some very strange SKSAs we can try too: a normal SKSA is around 944KiB, with the NAND only reserving a ~1MiB area for it.
But some SKSAs have way different sizes, eg an 80KiB one (which is missing a system-app entirely, but is still signed & valid...), 3MiB ones which seem too large for the iQue Player...

Sadly most weird-sized ones won't boot, my guess is they might be expecting some input over USB/probe points, or in the worst case they might be encrypted with a different key to retail iQues.

Most interesting are the 224KiB ones though... @Kevinpuerta tried the 224KiB 1010 SKSA out, and well: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...2/425147639533666304/JPEG_20180318_212448.jpg
I'd bet its the first time anyones seen that screen in years :P

@Normmatt also got another interesting one to boot: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/412682242490630162/426546583065329674/IMG_0544.JPG
Apparently that's a demo included with the N64 SDK, but they turned it into a whole system-update... pretty neat stuff!

We've also opened up our own dev-wiki for the iQue now too! You can find it at iquebrew.org.
It's a little rough around the edges atm, but we're hoping to fill it up pretty soon with everything we've learned so far.

Last edited by emoose,

Makapak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some scary thing:

htttps://pastebin.comm/wYgcwELR

Zzz forum won't allow to post link, just remove that extta t and m from above link (probably need 20 or higher iq to know which ones)

Oh also I see this:

htttps://gbatemp.nett/threads/ique-game-dumps-courtesy-of-suxxors.501944/

Edit: oh I see there's a thead already in this forum about suxxors releasing decrypted star fox from ique player :D

Last edited by Makapak,

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
Some scary thing:

htttps://pastebin.comm/wYgcwELR

Zzz forum won't allow to post link, just remove that extta t and m from above link (probably need 20 or higher iq to know which ones)

Oh also I see this:

htttps://gbatemp.nett/threads/ique-game-dumps-courtesy-of-suxxors.501944/

Edit: oh I see there's a thead already in this forum about suxxors releasing decrypted star fox from ique player :D
I recommend that you don't link to that, it has copyrighted stuff in it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto