Gaming Hacking Splatoon 3 - accessing more functionality and modes without a Nintendo account

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shortly after Splatoon 3 was released on 9/9, I was able to get a copy of this game in XCI format (and later on, in sparse NSP format) and I have been enjoying as much as I could without having to go online (reminder, I'm using the latest Atmosphere and this is not running off of a physical copy, and emulator users will run into this same situation; I also have blocked all connections to Nintendo servers (and enabled serial blanking) to minimize my risks of getting my Switch unit banned). I've been able to access the entire single-player campaign without any trouble, and I enjoyed it more than the story mode from Splatoon 2 (it even borrows the design from the Octo Expansion). However, even during playing this mode, I ran into some things that would still require me eventually to link a Nintendo account (that I can't do anyways since I blocked the connections necessary for it to work) (for versions 1.1.0 and later; this doesn't apply to version 1.0.0, which is the cartridge release, as the multiplayer data was not there):
  • Accessing the Battle Lobby at all - I'm prompted to link a Nintendo account shortly after entering it, and exiting the dialogue will show text relating to connecting to the internet, and then failing, which then causes me to be sent back outside to the Square.
    • Picking up Tableturf Battle card packs, locker room decorations, stickers, and food tickets all involve going to the battle lobby to pick them up. However, I can use badges that I earn from this mode in editing my name badge - one of the few things that doesn't involve going to the Battle Lobby to pick up.
  • Playing Tableturf Battle - I have to be at least level 4 in order to play it, even with offline CPUs. To gain the requisite experience requires playing in online battles, which will also require me to link a Nintendo account (unless there is somewhere in the single-player mode that can earn me this experience). I would really like to play this mode, but not if I'm being indirectly pushed to have a Nintendo account just to access it.
  • Accessing Grizzco - same situation as with trying to access the Battle Lobby.
  • Collecting gold - gold is generally earned from playing online matches, and I wonder if there is a way I can earn some in the single-player mode.
  • Accessing any of the shops - each shop owner will say something along the lines of no internet connection, then send me back outside to the Square. It may be possible to sideload catalog data, but I'm not sure of how that can happen.
  • Acesssing all of the stages in recon mode - I only have access to 8 of the 12 stages released at launch. Though more will be released in future updates, I worry that I won't be able to access these either without some way of sideloading stage data.
  • Collecting bonus content associated with having a Splatoon 2 save file - I didn't see any collectibles I could get - likely because player progress is saved online. However, during the single-player mode, thought I could've seen the Captain have the same hair as from how I specified its appearance from the Splatoon 2 single-player modes.
I have heard about Splatoon 3 containing anti-cheat software that can ban Switch units from accessing Nintendo online services if any game modifications are detected (just like if I went online with pirated games installed), but it hardly matters when I severed all possible connections to the Nintendo online services.

The consistent prompts of linking a Nintendo account have led me to determine that Nintendo has made it more explicit in what things are locked behind an internet connection, and (unless future updates and/or DLC add more offline content) more things are being made clear that such stuff does require a Nintendo account. I've come to the conclusion (even before release) that Splatoon 3 is not of those games that's great for playing offline, as after all online multiplayers are its primary focus (I do have other games that I can play instead, but that's not the focus of this discussion). However, I feel that with a bit of modding (that I'm not sure if it actually exists as of this post), I might be able to access a few more bits of functionality before I exhaust all that this game offers offline, until future updates and/or DLC add more offline content.

Now comes my questions, (note that all questions include modding options, since I don't have to worry about access to online play) with the bold ones having more priority:
  • Is there any way that I can access the battle lobby without being prompted for a Nintendo account? I would really like to be able to pick up everything that I collected during the single-player campaign and perhaps access my locker, but I do not have to be able to actually connect to online matches.
  • Is it possible to access Tableturf Battle fully offline, either by gaining the requisite experience offline, or by disabling the experience check (I also accept other ways not mentioned here)?
  • Is there a way to sideload stage data, so I can access the rest of the stages in recon mode?
  • Is there a way to sideload catalog data, so I can get to see some of the items that exist?
  • Is it possible to earn gold and/or experience offline? I ran into this same problem back when I was playing Splatoon 2, but all of the shops required that I be at least level 4, and therefore gave up when I was not able to find a workaround for this.

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah it sucks. At least Ryujinx LDN build allows you to play multiplayer through the Shoal (LAN/Local Play), but you don't level up or gain anything else. I heard Tableturf is able to be used offline if you finish the tutorial, but idk if a save with it unlocked is out there.

I don't like that they lock single player gear that you unlocked behind the lobby, to get people to pay for NSO so they can obtain it.

Hopefully there'll be some patches to force certain parts of the game to work offline. I remember there was an older Splat 2 offline shop patch.

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it sucks. At least Ryujinx LDN build allows you to play multiplayer through the Shoal (LAN/Local Play), but you don't level up or gain anything else. I heard Tableturf is able to be used offline if you finish the tutorial, but idk if a save with it unlocked is out there.

I don't like that they lock single player gear that you unlocked behind the lobby, to get people to pay for NSO so they can obtain it.

Hopefully there'll be some patches to force certain parts of the game to work offline. I remember there was an older Splat 2 offline shop patch.
I did complete the tutorial that is mandatory after the character creation process shown during the first start-up of Splatoon 3. However, to actually access Tableturf Battle mode, my level has to be at least level 4. To level up, I have to be able to plya online matches, which in turn requires a Nintendo account and likely a Nintendo Switch online subscription. That's why I can effectively say that Tableturf Battle is effectively locked for those that don't have a Nintendo account like me, or can't access Nintendo online services for any reason.

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
I did complete the tutorial that is mandatory after the character creation process shown during the first start-up of Splatoon 3. However, to actually access Tableturf Battle mode, my level has to be at least level 4. To level up, I have to be able to plya online matches, which in turn requires a Nintendo account and likely a Nintendo Switch online subscription. That's why I can effectively say that Tableturf Battle is effectively locked for those that don't have a Nintendo account like me, or can't access Nintendo online services for any reason.
I have a save that has level 5 iirc, but no tableturf is still locked behind online (can't access tutorial)
you can use the save from world premiere on the final game

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a save that has level 5 iirc, but no tableturf is still locked behind online (can't access tutorial)
you can use the save from world premiere on the final game
Oh, thanks for telling me. I never played the World Premiere demo, because that would also require internet access and Nintendo account, which if I tried installing without protections, would've led to my unit getting banned. The message I think I'm getting is that I should be finding some other game to play, not the Splatoon games as they focus primarily on the online modes.
But if the save file can actually be found somewhere else, you know where I can find it, and then load it onto my unit?

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, thanks for telling me. I never played the World Premiere demo, because that would also require internet access and Nintendo account, which if I tried installing without protections, would've led to my unit getting banned. The message I think I'm getting is that I should be finding some other game to play, not the Splatoon games as they focus primarily on the online modes.
But if the save file can actually be found somewhere else, you know where I can find it, and then load it onto my unit?
the save is in the splatoon 3 modding hub and the link can be found in the splatoon 3 gamebanana, under the offlinedemo patch mod page

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the save is in the splatoon 3 modding hub and the link can be found in the splatoon 3 gamebanana, under the offlinedemo patch mod page
Found it now, though I think it won't apply to my situation. I have actually completed the main story of the single-player mode (but not beaten the final After Alterna level yet). I would like to use these save files without risk of losing my progress in the single-player mode, but I'll see what can be done.
I did join the Splatoon 3 modding hub Discord server for a short time, in order to find out any info about unlocking the Tableturf battle mode. I read one of your posts that says about that it needs online connection, and then having to collect the starter deck. Unfortunately, I can't do any of that without the connection to Nintendo servers blocked. I think I'm out of luck here, unless someone can find a way to disable this check, or someone uploads a save file with access to the Tableturf battle mode offline.

Last edited by Worldblender,

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Found it now, though I think it won't apply to my situation. I have actually completed the main story of the single-player mode (but not beaten the final After Alterna level yet). I would like to use these save files without risk of losing my progress in the single-player mode, but I'll see what can be done.
i can just give you my save (it's based off the save in that discord) since i completed everything, including after alterna
there's no save editor yet so if there's any missing gear there isn't much i can do. i think every gear that was available in world premiere is on the save

Attachments

• save.7z
    24 KB · Views: 117

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can just give you my save (it's based off the save in that discord) since i completed everything, including after alterna
there's no save editor yet so if there's any missing gear there isn't much i can do. i think every gear that was available in world premiere is on the save
Alright, I'll give it a try. I use JKSV for all my save data management (unless it's simple deletion, in which case I use the built-in system tools), so I'm guessing I need to put it inside a directory, and then restore it that way?
My million-dollar-question, is if it has access to the Tableturf battle mode offline, as that's really the only other major mode I can play fully offline without a Nintendo account (after initial online setup).

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, I'll give it a try. I use JKSV for all my save data management (unless it's simple deletion, in which case I use the built-in system tools), so I'm guessing I need to put it inside a directory, and then restore it that way?
My million-dollar-question, is if it has access to the Tableturf battle mode offline, as that's really the only other major mode I can play fully offline without a Nintendo account (after initial online setup).
i don't have access to tableturf. not even the tutorial either. i use checkpoint but i'm pretty sure you can make another copy of your save folder and have this save.dat overwrite the copy

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't have access to tableturf. not even the tutorial either. i use checkpoint but i'm pretty sure you can make another copy of your save folder and have this save.dat overwrite the copy
Aww, man. That's what I did, and then I did the restore operation. When I opened up Splatoon 3 again, I ended up on the screen where I customize my player character, and before the tutorial. I think I did something wrong, explained below...
Perhaps my version is outdated (I have version 1.1.0 installed, and version 1.1.2 is the latest as of this post). Maybe I need to update to the latest version first? Now that you said that your save file doesn't have access to Tableturf battle mode, but you have access to other gears and weapons, I guess I'll still keep your save for trying out the other gear.

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Aww, man. That's what I did, and then I did the restore operation. When I opened up Splatoon 3 again, I ended up on the screen where I customize my player character, and before the tutorial. I think I did something wrong, explained below...
Perhaps my version is outdated (I have version 1.1.0 installed, and version 1.1.2 is the latest as of this post). Maybe I need to update to the latest version first? Now that you said that your save file doesn't have access to Tableturf battle mode, but you have access to other gears and weapons, I guess I'll still keep your save for trying out the other gear.
i was on 1.1.2 so maybe.

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was on 1.1.2 so maybe.
Okay, I need to get this update, and try again restoring your save file. Though I'm still a bit disappointed that even Tableturf battle that supposedly only has CPU players to play with, is also effectively locked without getting at least a Nintendo account (and that your save file doesn't have that access). I guess for that, I'll have to wait for a save editor to be released, or hope that someone can upload a save file with that access.
Post automatically merged:

Well, I got the update installed, and it looks like the save file you uploaded didn't work at all, with the same result of being sent to the player customization screen. :( However, going back to my save file works as normal. Maybe it really is that I should just shift my focus to other 1st/2nd-party Nintendo games for the time being, until a save editor for Splatoon 3 is released, or hope that someone can upload a save file with offline access to Tableturf battle mode.

Last edited by Worldblender,

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I need to get this update, and try again restoring your save file. Though I'm still a bit disappointed that even Tableturf battle that supposedly only has CPU players to play with, is also effectively locked without getting at least a Nintendo account (and that your save file doesn't have that access). I guess for that, I'll have to wait for a save editor to be released, or hope that someone can upload a save file with that access.

Well, I got the update installed, and it looks like the save file you uploaded didn't work at all, with the same result of being sent to the player customization screen. :( However, going back to my save file works as normal. Maybe it really is that I should just shift my focus to other 1st/2nd-party Nintendo games for the time being, until a save editor for Splatoon 3 is released, or hope that someone can upload a save file with offline access to Tableturf battle mode.
i'll try with JKSV

i used jksv. last time i used it was a while ago. it looks like it has improved a lot since. i might just ditch checkpoint entirely

Attachments

• SMNFXCN - 2022.10.13 @ 02.16.36.7z
    576.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by SMNFXCN,

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'll try with JKSV

i used jksv. last time i used it was a while ago. it looks like it has improved a lot since. i might just ditch checkpoint entirely
Sorry for coming in late again, but I just restored this save file you attached - and it's working flawlessly, thank you! Although I was still not able to gain access to the Tableturf Battle mode (because it prompts for online access like accessing any of the stores :(), I was able to gain access to some other stuff instead (which definitely is better than nothing):
  • Access to more weapons, gear (headwear, clothing, shoes), and player card options (banners, badges, titles)
  • Log.exe in the story mode (appears only after completing the After Alterna level)
  • Recon mode access to 4 more stages:
    • Mahi-Mahi Resort
    • MakoMart
    • Museum d'Alfonsino
    • Sturgeon Shipyard
I did notice that your save file didn't have all 6 areas in the story mode fully surveyed (areas 1 and 4 specifically), which I fixed. Doing this unlocks a drone that costs 999 power eggs to run, and it gets something that can be picked up at the lobby terminal (that which requires a Nintendo account to access) once per real-time day. I also noticed that your save file has some pictures taken in-game that I also restored - perhaps missing these files in your inital upload was the cause of it not working.
BTW, how did you acquire access to the weapons, gear, additional stages, and other player stuff? Do you actually have a Nintendo account with Nintendo Switch online access that can collect these normally, or was some of this from using a save editor for the World Premiere demo that transferred over to the full game?

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for coming in late again, but I just restored this save file you attached - and it's working flawlessly, thank you! Although I was still not able to gain access to the Tableturf Battle mode (because it prompts for online access like accessing any of the stores :(), I was able to gain access to some other stuff instead (which definitely is better than nothing):
  • Access to more weapons, gear (headwear, clothing, shoes), and player card options (banners, badges, titles)
  • Log.exe in the story mode (appears only after completing the After Alterna level)
  • Recon mode access to 4 more stages:
    • Mahi-Mahi Resort
    • MakoMart
    • Museum d'Alfonsino
    • Sturgeon Shipyard
I did notice that your save file didn't have all 6 areas in the story mode fully surveyed (areas 1 and 4 specifically), which I fixed. Doing this unlocks a drone that costs 999 power eggs to run, and it gets something that can be picked up at the lobby terminal (that which requires a Nintendo account to access) once per real-time day. I also noticed that your save file has some pictures taken in-game that I also restored - perhaps missing these files in your inital upload was the cause of it not working.
BTW, how did you acquire access to the weapons, gear, additional stages, and other player stuff? Do you actually have a Nintendo account with Nintendo Switch online access that can collect these normally, or was some of this from using a save editor for the World Premiere demo that transferred over to the full game?
i wasn't able to survey 2 of the areas because i played the game early and didn't have access to guides. it was difficult to find everything. except for a few areas. didn't know about the crane.

i have a nintendo account but my online access from my console is banned. i don't have NSO and that save is based off that save that was in the discord earlier. it was taken from the splat 3 world premiere. I just went through the story on that save. it wasn't my save originally.

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wasn't able to survey 2 of the areas because i played the game early and didn't have access to guides. it was difficult to find everything. except for a few areas. didn't know about the crane.

i have a nintendo account but my online access from my console is banned. i don't have NSO and that save is based off that save that was in the discord earlier. it was taken from the splat 3 world premiere. I just went through the story on that save. it wasn't my save originally.
What I meant by unsurveyed, is that there are no more area pieces showing up as stripes, which can be fixed by simply walking to those areas. That was sufficient enough to mark an area as surveyed, once there are no more area pieces showing up as stripes.
Ah, it does make sense that all the gear and weapons unlocked would be from during the World Premiere demo, now that you say that your console is banned from Nintendo online services. I was curious on how all that was done, that's all. Regardless, the save file you did upload that works with JKSV has helped me understand more about the Splatoon series gameplay that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to access by starting new on my own. Once again, I thank you for all the help you offered so far.

All I can do next, since I really want to try out that Tableturf battle mode, is to wait for mods that disable the online checks to release. It seems that just having a save file with the requisite level requirement isn't enough - it looks like it's all about pushing us to pay Nintendo money in the form of a Nintendo Switch Online subscription if just having a Nintendo account isn't enough. What I desire is a lot harder to get access to than I thought.

Reactions: SMNFXCN

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
What I meant by unsurveyed, is that there are no more area pieces showing up as stripes, which can be fixed by simply walking to those areas. That was sufficient enough to mark an area as surveyed, once there are no more area pieces showing up as stripes.
Ah, it does make sense that all the gear and weapons unlocked would be from during the World Premiere demo, now that you say that your console is banned from Nintendo online services. I was curious on how all that was done, that's all. Regardless, the save file you did upload that works with JKSV has helped me understand more about the Splatoon series gameplay that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to access by starting new on my own. Once again, I thank you for all the help you offered so far.

All I can do next, since I really want to try out that Tableturf battle mode, is to wait for mods that disable the online checks to release. It seems that just having a save file with the requisite level requirement isn't enough - it looks like it's all about pushing us to pay Nintendo money in the form of a Nintendo Switch Online subscription if just having a Nintendo account isn't enough. What I desire is a lot harder to get access to than I thought.
someone either brave (or stupid) enough to upload their own save is an option, another is ram/save edit, or we can wait on an IPSwitch patch to disable certain online checks

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone either brave (or stupid) enough to upload their own save is an option, another is ram/save edit, or we can wait on an IPSwitch patch to disable certain online checks
Yes, you got it. I have other games installed on my console (all 1st or 2nd party Nintendo games) that I play, so I'm not really waiting on this stuff to happen.

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i'll try with JKSV

Hi, I was trying to get your save file from discord to work but it doesn't, each time I try loading it in all I get is the customization screen and tutorial...like the other fella that replied to you about this, further more I use jksv, I have the full game for sp3 installed and I am version 1.2.1 I can't find a lower update at all...so I am wondering if this works at all with the full game and the version I have installed..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto