Hacking I'm thinking of getting (got) a PSP, but......

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would I need a pandora battery to downgrade (if my replacement 2000 is higher than 6.20), or can it be done in software?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
Would I need a pandora battery to downgrade (if my replacement 2000 is higher than 6.20), or can it be done in software?
It can be done with the software.

Most people just use the pandora to install certain CFWs (like GEN or M33) or to unbrick the compatible psps.

Rayder

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My plan is that whatever OFW it has, it will go to CFW 6.20 PRO-B9 perma.

Welp, wish me luck, I'm off to make the exchange.

EDIT: It's looks like I should be good to go. The exchanged PSP 2000 (charging now) has OFW 5.50 in it, so all I need to to is update to OFW 6.20, then hacky-hacky.
yaypsp.gif

Just hope this one isn't bugged out somehow too. Don't worry, I'll run it through its paces.

Oh, but wah! I lost my perty Tranformers skin......pfft.
tongue.gif

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't worry about them declining it since I see people talking about
getting a hacked second-hand PSP from retail stores all the time.

Just don't show them its hacked
wink.gif
. Also my PSP game with a 1GB stick
and they had no clue it was in there. So it seems they don't even check this
stuff
mad.gif

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still find it ironic how you made a post how you hate Gamestop and would never buy from them, but you just bought a PSP from them. By the way today I went to Gamestop to trade in my PSP just to see the price they would offer and they offered $15...

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevan said:
=D $15
rofl.gif

These places love ripping off their loyal, cash paying customers to the max.
They also fed me with a lot of bullshit how I should trade in that PSP and get a new PSP 3000 because it supports more content and games.

Rayder

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In PSPident, what is Fuse ID? (somehow, I doubt it's anything vitally important) That's the only thing different about my newly exchanged one's PSPident readout.

Man, I AM a PSP newb.....this exchanged PSP and the first one are as different as night and day. The UMD drive is quieter, the buttons are snappier and the analog pad glides MUCH smoother. I think that first one was used-and-abused. This one I have now seems like-new in comparison.

That first one had a Transformers skin on it, this one has a screen protector. Gee, which do you think is more practical? (question is rhetorical)

Anyway, all hacked and working great with CFW 6.20 PRO-B9. Yay.

I'll look into emu's and PS1 gaming once I get a larger memory stick. There's plenty of guides online to teach me how to do that stuff anyway.

Thanks everyone for all the help and advice.

Time to play me some PSP games!
yaypsp.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
In PSPident, what is Fuse ID? (somehow, I doubt it's anything vitally important) That's the only thing different about my newly exchanged one's PSPident readout.Wow, you managed to get one with the same motherboard revision?
Anyways the Fuse ID appears to be a unique ID per PSP.

Rayder said:
Man, I AM a PSP newb.....this exchanged PSP and the first one are as different as night and day. The UMD drive is quieter, the buttons are snappier and the analog pad glides MUCH smoother. I think that first one was used-and-abused. This one I have now seems like-new in comparison.Heh, yeah a properly-functioning PSP is pretty damn slick. I still need to get myself a replacement analog stick+assembly for my 2000...

QUOTE(Rayder @ Sep 23 2011, 10:51 PM)
That first one had a Transformers skin on it, this one has a screen protector. Gee, which do you think is more practical? (question is rhetorical)
Condom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.