DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
But.. can you transfer your account to another 3DS (or 2DS, NN3DS, XL) and still keep the games for redownloading?

At this moment? no
Transffering Emùunand to sysnand on another system does not let you keep the games, you can't redownload them.
I still have not done the hardmod, then i can do the thing i posted here before, but i need a hardmod for that.
Not so keen on doing it myself, but not willing to spend more cash and shipping to let somebody else do it, let's say, i don't want to spend more money on it then i already have. :P

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not so keen on doing it myself, but not willing to spend more cash and shipping to let somebody else do it, let's say, i don't want to spend more money on it then i already have. :P

I'm in the same boat, bought a 2nd hand 3DSXL with a low FW, a GW, a MicroSD/SD and a savedongle for trying this out, still waitin' for the stuff to arrive :P

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's definitely something funky going on with this. Because I bought the MH4U N3DSXL bundle, and when I set up an emuNAND (which erased the MicroSD), went to the eShop after updating the emuNAND, Monster Hunter was actually under "redownloadable software." I didn't have to search for it. So even though this method gets you "free" games, it's clearly not 100% legit.

Reactions: leerpsp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
There's definitely something funky going on with this. Because I bought the MH4U N3DSXL bundle, and when I set up an emuNAND (which erased the MicroSD), went to the eShop after updating the emuNAND, Monster Hunter was actually under "redownloadable software." I didn't have to search for it. So even though this method gets you "free" games, it's clearly not 100% legit.
the game is legit, maybe the reason it simply does not show up in the redownloadable software is because (maybe) that list is initialized once the very first time you connect to eshop - at least for preinstalled content.
if you have already connected to eshop with your serial, maybe it doesn't check your preinstalled content again.
or, maybe the game is tied to your serial behind the scenes on the server, and that is who it finds it, i doubt it though, because you can system transfer the games away and it would not be on your 'serial' anymore.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game is legit, maybe the reason it simply does not show up in the redownloadable software is because (maybe) that list is initialized once the very first time you connect to eshop - at least for preinstalled content.
if you have already connected to eshop with your serial, maybe it doesn't check your preinstalled content again.
or, maybe the game is tied to your serial behind the scenes on the server, and that is who it finds it, i doubt it though, because you can system transfer the games away and it would not be on your 'serial' anymore.

I installed it on 4.3 before ever opening the eShop, then let it update. So how would it have known otherwise?

There has to be something else different about it. I really wish my blue 3DS XL that came with Mario Kart 7 preinstalled didn't get lost in the mail... I have a NAND dump of it and everything, but I could have decrypted the NAND and tried to compare it to the same CIA installed with Title Manager to see what (if anything) was different.

Anyone want to donate to help me get another one of those? :P

Katlanie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave up the search for a hardmod locally. Anyone have a list of modders here on the forum that do a good job and cover expenses if something breaks on their end? Basically trying to avoid sending my 3ds xl and if something shorts I don't want to be stuck with no 3ds. But I been looking in our local classifieds and their is a steal of a deal of 2 2DS consoles with 2 games for $80. I might just grab these to test a transfer without a hardmod. It shouldn't be too hard to convince one of the kids in our neighborhood to use their 3DS 9.6 as a test case for free games. Will let you know if I have time to grab them before someone else does.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... tried some more tests.

While I was able to redownload the game after erasing it, it seems like if I do a system format and then re-link the same NNID I just made which had the games, they no longer show up. If I search for it, the button is to pay full price for the game.

So they probably did fix this.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hmm... tried some more tests.

While I was able to redownload the game after erasing it, it seems like if I do a system format and then re-link the same NNID I just made which had the games, they no longer show up. If I search for it, the button is to pay full price for the game.

So they probably did fix this.

they did not fix anything, there is no bug

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just transferred RX-Emunand 9.6 (no NNID)to sysnand 9.6 and it failed (games greyed and crossed out in target console)

BUT after the souce rx nand formatted, i can still redownload games from eshop (no NNID). is that normal?

eggwolio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried transferring an account with an NNID *to* the system with the games installed and then after the seven day wait, transferring BACK to the original console?

Katlanie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just transferred RX-Emunand 9.6 (no NNID)to sysnand 9.6 and it failed (games greyed and crossed out in target console)

BUT after the souce rx nand formatted, i can still redownload games from eshop (no NNID). is that normal?

It has been discussed prior to find a solution to make it transfer from emunand to sysnand. No one so far has had any luck. As for it being normal, yes that is the same as I experienced with the source still having access to the games both with and without a ID. But for a legitimate transfer of purchases that is not normal which the source is wiped clean after a transfer and does not have access to anything prior.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
let me see something ... i I format a new emunand, unlink it, install the games with an new NNID, then system transfer to another 3DS , I will be able to, not only play everythig, but redownload as well ? õ3o

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What I'm planning to do in the next couple of days:
- Update my emunand to latest fw with RxTools (i installed the legit cia's to emunand).
- Check the eshop for downloadstatus.
- Pop in a new SDCard
- Update my sysnand to latest firmware.
- Install the games directly from eshop.

All steps on the same 3DS, will that work?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
What I'm planning to do in the next couple of days:
- Update my emunand to latest fw with RxTools (i installed the legit cia's to emunand).
- Check the eshop for downloadstatus.
- Pop in a new SDCard
- Update my sysnand to latest firmware.
- Install the games directly from eshop.

All steps on the same 3DS, will that work?

if you never install the games on sysnand, they will not work on sysnand.
install them on sysnand, with whatever method, and just update sysnand, if that is what you want.

Reactions: bewitched

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nx8FS-DRxwk?si=hLUHUv2gUizSMJZO she sings about carrots