Homebrew I found a eshop bug on this a good one

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bumping this for one thing that occured to me:
If a legitly signed cia is just a personal Backup of someone's Eshop-download, those are easily avilable at the right pages,
AND if those are linked to your downloadlist, they also should appear registered to your account on CN...

maybe this was asked before and i overread it, BUT:
Wouldn't it be possible to acquire a mewtwo-dl-code if i allready got Smash4U registered, that way?
Or (which would be even better (and WAY worse for nintendo)) Downloadcodes for the WiiU-Version of the new MarioVsDK?

Sidenode: that game is btw incredibly fun for how simple it is, got me hooked for hours at a time on my 3DS

D

Deleted-19228

Can a moderator just lock this topic it is causing confusion among people. We already knew that when you install a legal CIA it flags your system as allowing it to be redownloadable. Nothing new.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skimming this thread, people tried to install these, then transfer them to another console. That failed and the content stayed on the original one.

So could you then reverse it, install legit cias on a console, then system transfer TO it? If the same logic applies, it'd stay then, no?

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can a moderator just lock this topic it is causing confusion among people. We already knew that when you install a legal CIA it flags your system as allowing it to be redownloadable. Nothing new.

Not every one and the ones it causes confusion 2 we will be happy to help them by explaining in a way they can understand.

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a bug just one that Nintendo can not fix. Nintendo did not intend for this to happen and so its a flaw and a flaw is a bug.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature."

Seriously though, it's not a bug. Nintendo DID intend for bundled games to be automatically added to the eShop. If you install a bundled game, it gets added. Everything is working as intended.

What Nintendo did not "intend" was for users to manually (and illegally) install CIA files.

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here