Hacking How To Softmod (Hack) Your PSP

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
Once in the 6.20 hacked mode you can check your system information in the system settings, and the hack will add which generation motherboard your PSP has (07g, 09g, etc.), tell us which.
Guess it's the thing where the MAC Address would be displayed normally? Well it's 04g then.

joegt123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a noob of the highest calibur to hacking systems and need some help. I have a 3001 running 6.60. I bought it used after my last one broke and have no idea if the .60 came stock or not, so I'm not sure if I can downgrade. From another thread I read, temporary means you need to reinstall the hack every time you turn the psp on. I'd seriously rather not have to do that.From another thread I read, temporary means you need to reinstall the hack every time you turn the psp on. I'd seriously rather not have to do that.

Here are my questions: What does "Temporary" mean here, exactly? How can I find out if I can downgrade without risking a brick?

I'm sure I'll have more questions later. Thanks.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The main functional difference is that with the temporary version, you need to run a 4-second or so file to re-hack the PSP after each time you shut it down.
The hacking process is very quick nowadays and to rehack you literally just run a file on the PSP as if it was a game, nothing complicated.

That said, once you're in the temporary hacked state go to the system properties and system info, and see what generation it says your PSP is (05g or whatever).

joegt123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so... Ran it. Restarted. Nothing looks different, not sure if that's normal. Sys info reads as follows:

System software: 6.60 PRO-C
Nickname: joegt123
MAC address: [Model: 09g]

Is that how things should be?

Also, am I correct in assuming that I don't need the cipl flasher folder? The first post mentions I don't need the updater anymore, just the fast recovery, but doesn't mention what should be done with the cipl.

Edit: Can this hack run european ISO's? (or is it CSO...?)

MadHouse38

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so... Ran it. Restarted. Nothing looks different, not sure if that's normal. Sys info reads as follows:

Also, am I correct in assuming that I don't need the cipl flasher folder? The first post mentions I don't need the updater anymore, just the fast recovery, but doesn't mention what should be done with the cipl.

First off,yeah it should be like that model n other things.
CIPL flasher is for psp 2000 models to install perma but you dont need that.delete it and keep the recovery thing. (i keep update thing in case taht i change my settings so i just hack itagain)

Everytime you turn on your PSP,go to recovery and it will be CFW. If you put it on stand by,it will still be CFW.
Doesnt matter what region it is,it will run everything. US,EU,JPN.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Yes, that's how it should be. When in the unhacked mode the software will just be the version numbers (no CFW identifier after it) and the MAC address will list an actual address.

Yours is a 09G, but you should be able to use the chronoswitch downgrader (in the first post) to downgrade to 6.20 and use it's permanent hack method if you want a permanent hack, unless you're okay with running the fastrecovery file after you shut the system off (sleep mode doesn't undo the hack).

CIPL is useless on a 3000. It only works on 1000 and older 2000 models, so go ahead and delete it.

It removes region protections, yes. CSO is a compressed form of ISO, a hacked PSP can run both (but ISO is normally recommended to avoid loading lag).

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The PSP has loading times in general, but if you go into the recovery menu (Select on the home screen, "Recovery Menu") there's an option in there for memory stick speedup, go ahead and set it to "always", and it should alleviate a lot of the issue. And yeah, ISO helps since then the PSP doesn't need to do any additional decompression.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got a question i'm on 6.39 and i want to upgrade to 6.60 C should i run hellcat yes or no?

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is a simple question: I'm on 5.5 prometheus and it was always fine for me... Now if I upgrade to 6.6pro, will I be able to ocntinue to use remote joy lite to play my psp games on my tv with a ps2 controller hooked to my pc and the psp plugged in usb on same pc?

I have few games that do not work in 5.5prometheus... Namely MGS Digital Graphic Novel.

I always used Dark Alex' updates and since prometheus was kind of a patch on these firmware they were quite reliable.

Should I update my PSP 2000 to 6.60PRO?

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh well it might seem like othwer stuff but I'm only using it with tv output cables and using remotejoylite to use keyboard as controller (with joymapper) to use PS2 controller as keyboard inputs. Playing PSP with a PS2 controller on a full screen is glorious!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you checked the integrity of your MGS Graphic Novel file? I'm not discouraging you from upgrading (far from it as you're currently running one of the worst firmwares we find people still using these days!) but it's an old game that should probably run on firmwares from around 3.52 on. Yes i know the 5.50 firmwares were bad, and loaded with created issues because of their patch features, but it's possible that you have a bad image.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P