Softmodded PSP - games keep disappearing

Onomatopeia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi!
I have a problem with my PSP 2004, which I recently bought from a friend. The Issue is that after some time, the console stops recognizing the games in the Memory Stick. Interestingly, I can copy those games back to my computer's hard drive, and then re-upload them to the PSP. The console recognizes them again, but after a while, they disappear once more - and this keeps happening. The games themselves don't vanish from the memory stick.

At first, I thought the issue might be with the memory stick, as it was cracked. I replaced it with a different one, but the problem persists.

The PSP has Softmod 6.61 PRO-C installed. Before i started using it, I decided to wipe out my friend's data, so I restored it to factory settings through the system menu and format the memory card. I wonder if that somehow caused the issue? My friend had no problems with the console itself, and I know he can be trusted.

I'm wondering what I can do in this situation? I really want to get the console working again. Do you have any advice? Thanks in advance!

PS. I can still bring up the menu by pressing select button, and get into recovery mode, so I presume it's a permament mod?

Last edited by Onomatopeia,

benone

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello!
So, if I understand well, you have access to two memory sticks, that's good!
Are you saved games also disappearing and reappearing too?

Did you format both memory sticks?
Are the contacts clean?

You could completely power off the console by holding the power slide button during 10 seconds more or less. Then, you can see if your custom firmware is permanent or temporary.

You could retransfer your data to make sure there's no corrupted files.

hm, if I think of other ideas, I'll tell you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto