PSP (phat) 1003 CFW issue plz help

SwaaZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this has been asked before but i trolled the internet for the past few weeks tried everything but no joy so here is my story

I have a Phat PSP 1003 that works fine on OFW i can play games from UMD etc. I wanted to install CFW as i have done on many psps last few months (hobby) and no issue.

so i downloaded the 6.61 cfw C pro files as my psp is already on OFW 6.61 and followed the online guide. As you can see from photos i pressed on install the Pro CFW and it restarts and asks to press X to install (Photo2) and then restarts as normal. But after restart my psp will not allow me to go back to the Game folder to follow step 2 and install infinity 2. i tried downgrading to 6.60 or 6.20 and try another CFW but the result is the same after restart it wont allow me to select the memory card again

thank you in advance

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 56
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 104

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I understand you correctly, you have already installed cfw pro-C 2 and you would like to make it permanent with Infinity, but you can't install the latter, or am I wrong? Note that temporary cfw is more than enough: when you turn off the PSP and turn it back on, you just select "fast recovery" and after 2 seconds it's nice and ready to use. What would be the problem then? We say "who wants too much, nothing tightens". 😉

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RUN C-ipl loader. No need for infinity-it'll make it permanent(you are using a fat after all). If the issue persists try running a lower firmware with c-ipl, 6.60 or any other known exploited fw.
I just wanted to say thank you for understanding how shit works on the PSP.
I saw people simply installing Infinity on models where it is not needed because it "just works".

Reactions: Kur0shitsuji

Kur0shitsuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just wanted to say thank you for understanding how shit works on the PSP.
I saw people simply installing Infinity on models where it is not needed because it "just works".
You're welcome. Infinity is good for non-exploitable consoles(street and go and various versions of psp 3000), can help on fats where cipl doesn't work due to faulty nand but honestly if you cannot just downgrade to 6.20 and run a permapatch.

The issue lies on the statement "latest is the greatest" when it actually isn't. A lot of the time youtube tut vids are blindly followed and each time it works the person gets more complacent using the same thing

Reactions: zfreeman and FR0ZN

SwaaZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're welcome. Infinity is good for non-exploitable consoles(street and go and various versions of psp 3000), can help on fats where cipl doesn't work due to faulty nand but honestly if you cannot just downgrade to 6.20 and run a permapatch.

The issue lies on the statement "latest is the greatest" when it actually isn't. A lot of the time youtube tut vids are blindly followed and each time it works the person gets more complacent using the same thing
i tried no luck so i uploaded a video to youtube

Kur0shitsuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You did not install the cipl- it is literally there with the custom firmware. Read them very closely and then press x when you see it.
Also, backup isos DO NOT go in the games folder- they need to be put in a folder named ISO (cannot name it something else or incorrectly) in the memory card's home directory (Memory stick/ISO, not PSP/GAME-that is for eboots only).
i tried no luck so i uploaded a video to youtube

SwaaZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You did not install the cipl- it is literally there with the custom firmware. Read them very closely and then press x when you see it.
Also, backup isos DO NOT go in the games folder- they need to be put in a folder named ISO (cannot name it something else or incorrectly) in the memory card's home directory (Memory stick/ISO, not PSP/GAME-that is for eboots only).
you cannot load CIPL without installing cFW. If i click on CIPL 1st after fresh update i get the error "this game cannot be started The data is corrupted"

Kur0shitsuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
you cannot load CIPL without installing cFW. If i click on CIPL 1st after fresh update i get the error "this game cannot be started The data is corrupted"
Do you perhaps have more memory cards in that case? If not just format via the psp (if you have anything important save it). Add the three folders again in PSP/Game.

SwaaZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you perhaps have more memory cards in that case? If not just format via the psp (if you have anything important save it). Add the three folders again in PSP/Game.
I tried it still same issue the CIPL will not run without launching a CFW 1st. I tried downgrading to other OFW's and try other CFWs but all ends with the same thing it hangs after launching CFW. I think the solution could be a pandora battery method (T_T)

Kur0shitsuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you watched the video, it does boot into CFW. It just locks up in the XMB menu.
I have. Most likely a faulty nand, hence I had already mentioned that a few posts prior. Best bet would be to downgrade using another psp making a magic stick and a pandora battery. Not the first time I had that issue

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have. Most likely a faulty nand, hence I had already mentioned that a few posts prior. Best bet would be to downgrade using another psp making a magic stick and a pandora battery. Not the first time I had that issue
If the nand is faulty then writing to it will only worsen things.
He should be able to use pandora to load CFW from the memory stick, completely bypassing it.

Reactions: Kur0shitsuji

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the pandora menu there is an option called LFLASH something...
This completley formats the NAND and skips/remaps all current bad blocks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...