Hacking How To Softmod (Hack) Your PSP

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
I am launching the downgrader through ofw.
Well I'll reset everything then try again.

*edit

Tried all three downgraders (4, 4.1 & 5)
Still the same error even after resetting to default settings, while using 6.60 OFW.
Unless it's the 2 GB Pro duo, but I doubt that's causing the error and it's fully formatted.
I'll check with the other 4 GB Pro duo just in case.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I am launching the downgrader through ofw.
Well I'll reset everything then try again.
Are you hacked or on OFW when downgrading? From some googling, it seems like you have to be hacked in order for the downgrader to work.
I checked the file's Readme. It says you can launch thru OFW.

One more thing, Kupo. If OFW doesn't work try reformatting the Mem stick. Back up all of your 'belongings' first, of course. Make sure to use the PSP to reformat not PC. That's my last idea, promise. :P

Reactions: 1 person

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
My PSP is apparently one those strange ones. :moogle:
Tried with both produo cards (2 GB & 4 GB) formatted through PSP, all PSP settings are default/reset and with 6.60 ofw.
Both the downgrader and the update are in the correct directory since the menu clearly shows them.
Looks like I have to stay with cfw 6.60 B-10 fix1 with no perma patch and just quick recovery.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
My PSP is one those strange ones. :moogle:
Tried with both produo cards (2 GB & 4 GB) formatted through PSP, all PSP settings are default/reset and with 6.60 ofw.
Both the downgrader and the update are in the correct directory since the menu clearly shows them.
Looks like I have to use cfw 6.60 B-10 fix1 with no perma patch.
I have a perm hacked 6.20 3000 and I can tell you that you're not really missing anything. Take solace in that. :)

Reactions: 1 person

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
My PSP is one those strange ones. :moogle:
Looks like I have to use cfw 6.60 B-10 fix1 with no perma patch.
I have a perm hacked 6.20 3000 and I can tell you that you're not really missing anything. Take solace in that. :)
Absolutely, I have been using 6.20 temporary on my psp 1000/3000 (I use the same on both, since I'm not going to bother looking for ctfs for other firmwares). Not really a major problem, as it keeps my psp safe from anything deadly my brother might do to it (no, but seriously, temporary is fine). :P

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, I have a PSP 1000 and currently have 6.60 PRO B-10 Temporary CFW installed. I was wondering if there is a way to make it a permanent cfw? I looked around and gathered that I would need CIPL flasher? Would I run the FastRecovery file and then the CIPL Flasher or something? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks. :D

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, I have a PSP 1000 and currently have 6.60 PRO B-10 Temporary CFW installed. I was wondering if there is a way to make it a permanent cfw? I looked around and gathered that I would need CIPL flasher? Would I run the FastRecovery file and then the CIPL Flasher or something? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks. :D
Yeah, run it from hacked state. Keep in mind that there's no way to go to OFW while you have the CIPL installed.

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, run it from hacked state. Keep in mind that there's no way to go to OFW while you have the CIPL installed.
So if I were to do so, I wouldn't be able to go back to a OFW? Like, ever? D:

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So if I were to do so, I wouldn't be able to go back to a OFW? Like, ever? D:
You can just uninstall the CIPL to have access to OFW (meaning, you're back to temporary). In contrast, 6.20 pro's permanent patch allows you to enter OFW by pressing L+select (or something similar, I don't remember) while cold booting.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The pandora thread is a hard hack.

Wut? Sorry Rydian but i have to just cement what i think about the difference -

A hard-mod is in my opinion different to a softmod - a software modification. The Pandora method is still using a software modifcation, it's just using a battery to trick the PSP into reading software instructions from a different source. The only real PSP Hardmod is the Undiluted Platinum chip.

And a softmod implies something far more complete than a hack.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Touche!

But the method grew from using software to reassign the battery's EEPROM chip serial as all zero's, thus triggering the boot into service mode. There's no special hardware involved, just software tricks.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rydian you should also warn users about the permanent patch it caused many bricks, note you have to unistall it before updating pro or removing pro or updating the official firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer