Hacking How To Softmod (Hack) Your PSP

Gameplayer9198

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a Restore Default Settings it say it restores Security Settings ??? you may have to re install the cfw if done ???

i know it will stay on current firmware just read what settings will be restored and see if it right for you

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
zarakava said:
One final thing, but I don't know if it necessarily belongs here. I bought this PSP used, and someone has a Parental Controls Password on it, can I disable that somehow?
try setting it's settings to default by going to Settings > System Settings > Restore Default Settings.

EDIT:
QUOTE(gameplayer_9198 @ Jun 8 2011, 06:39 PM) Maybe a Restore Default Settings it say it restores Security Settings ??? you may have to re install the cfw if done ???
most likely, it won't

and also... ninja'd
ph34r.gif

zarakava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
zarakava said:
So I have my H: drive

H:\ISO

and put the ISO's in there?

then how do I find them through the PSP?

Edit: Well now it's working... I don't know what happened. Thanks a bunch.

Also, what are the best GBC/GBA and PS1 emulators.
Popsloader (PS1 emulator) doesn't work on newer LCFWs - BUT, they do have a built-in emulator. The built-in emulator's compatibility is still unknown, but it works well. Search google to find a tutorial on how to convert PS1 ISO to PSP eboot format.

As for GBA, I use gpSP (gameplay SP).

Haha sorry for another post. I put the gpSP stuff in the PSP/Game folder, but it's coming in as corrupted data. Somethign special I needed to do?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
zarakava said:
*snip*
Haha sorry for another post. I put the gpSP stuff in the PSP/Game folder, but it's coming in as corrupted data. Somethign special I needed to do?
Did you decompress it? It should be a folder with an EBOOT.PBP file and few files and folders.

What exactly did you put in?

zarakava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
H:/PSP/Game/

there are two folders

gpSP-J and SAVEDATA

Edit: Actually I don't know exactly what I DL'd. It was some japanese version. Re downloading an american version

EDIT 2: I can't get this to work right now. Could you link me whatever version you're using?

zarakava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read through that. Yes it helps with the PSX stuff, sorry. I don't see any stuff on GBA emulator, and I'm still not having luck

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok im super fucking confused. I have a PSP 1001 still on 5.00 m-33 6. I think the method i want to try is the install the 6.3x plugin for 5.00 m-33 6 users. Will that work with Tactics Ogre and Gods Eater Burst? Not to mention the UMD version of Dissidia 012?

Could some one give me dumbed down, super easy to follow step by step instructions how to do this? I bought my PSP hacked and im a super noob when it comes to PSP stuff and i dont want to brick it cause i play this alot now. Thanks.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
BortzANATOR said:
Ok. Have you any experience with plugings? Im on 6.39 PRO B7 Permanent. I have no idea where to put them and how they work.
Mini-tutorial:
by Snailface =]

1.Make a folder called 'seplugins' in the memory stick's root.
2.Place the plugin (.prx file) in that folder.
3.Make two .txt files 'GAME.txt' and 'VSH.txt', and put them in seplugins folder.
4.In those .txt files, add the file address of the plugin (ex. 'Ms0:/seplugins/prxshot.prx 1')
5.Change the '1' to '0' to deactivate it*
Change the '0' to '1' to reactivate it*[/p]

*(this can be done more conveniently in the 'Recovery-->Advanced-->XMB or Game' in PRO B7's VSH menu -> [this is the menu that pops up when you press 'select'])

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:
Ok im super fucking confused. I have a PSP 1001 still on 5.00 m-33 6. I think the method i want to try is the install the 6.3x plugin for 5.00 m-33 6 users. Will that work with Tactics Ogre and Gods Eater Burst? Not to mention the UMD version of Dissidia 012?

Could some one give me dumbed down, super easy to follow step by step instructions how to do this? I bought my PSP hacked and im a super noob when it comes to PSP stuff and i dont want to brick it cause i play this alot now. Thanks.QUOTE(Rydian @ Jun 22 2011, 10:50 PM) I have no experience with that plugin. As Xist said in the other thread either patch your games manually or update to the latest CFW like this thread shows. Installing a plugin for games is an old half-ass solution.
I think he's talking about the prometheus 'plugin'

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
BortzANATOR said:
Ok. Have you any experience with plugings? Im on 6.39 PRO B7 Permanent. I have no idea where to put them and how they work.
Mini-tutorial:
by Snailface =]

1.Make a folder called 'seplugins' in the memory stick's root.
2.Place the plugin (.prx file) in that folder.
3.Make two .txt files 'GAME.txt' and 'VSH.txt', and put them in seplugins folder.
4.In those .txt files, add the file address of the plugin (ex. 'Ms0:/seplugins/prxshot.prx 1')
5.Change the '1' to '0' to deactivate it*
Change the '0' to '1' to reactivate it*[/p]

*(this can be done more conveniently in the 'Recovery-->Advanced-->XMB or Game' in PRO B7's VSH menu -> [this is the menu that pops up when you press 'select'])
Cool. Ill get to that in a few days. I really appreciate the step by step tut about plugins for Prom.

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey GBAtemp!

Long time no see, I'll get straight to my questions, there's a lot to read however...
Even though this is an awesome thread, I've got to ask a few questions.
tongue.gif

I'm probably going to buy a PSP for my girlfriend, one of these pretty cheap PSP 3004:

http://www.elgiganten.se/product/spel-kons...-pack-3004-lila
http://www.elgiganten.se/product/spel-kons...3004-turkosgron

It's a swedish site, so many of you probably don't get anything out of that site except for "PlayStation Portable Base Pack 3004"

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if this PSP is from the box at firmware 6.20 or Under, it can be PERMANENTLY hacked, meaning once it's hacked with a CFW, I won't have to do it every time I turn it on?
If it however is on 6.30 (which is the next firmware after 6.20 and was released in June 29, 2010), it can be hacked, but "only" Temporary, meaning you'd have to redo the CFW every time you turn it on?
If anyone know about those two PSP 3004's I linked too could be at what firmware, please inform me!
smile.gif

I've also heard/read about the motherboard can be a b*tch, what could be of a problem there?

If I got this right, and I'm lucky that the PSP is at 6.20 OFW I should just follow the guide:
"6.20 PRO-B7 (permanent) installation."
Install the "6.20 PRO-B7" and follow that until I'm done?
I'm then able to play homebrew, backup of my games and even being able to rip backups of my own UMD's? (I personally own a PSP 2004 Silver so)

If I however is at a higher like 6.30, I should NOT downgrade (110 % brick chance?) and instead just follow the:
"6.39 PRO-B7 (temporary) installation" and first upgrade to 6.39 if I'm not already on that.
Then follow the temporary guide with: 6.39 PRO-B7.

Much text to read and probably alot of errors, props to Rydian who made this awesome tutorial/guide and a response from him or anyone else helping me. =)
Thanks in advance!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Izzy said:
I'm probably going to buy a PSP for my girlfriend, one of these pretty cheap PSP 3004Go with the teal-ish color in case she doesn't like it, then you won't have to use a pink one...

Oh wait, technical questions.
tongue.gif

Izzy said:
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if this PSP is from the box at firmware 6.20 or Under, it can be PERMANENTLY hacked, meaning once it's hacked with a CFW, I won't have to do it every time I turn it on?
If it however is on 6.30 (which is the next firmware after 6.20 and was released in June 29, 2010), it can be hacked, but "only" Temporary, meaning you'd have to redo the CFW every time you turn it on?
If anyone know about those two PSP 3004's I linked too could be at what firmware, please inform me!
smile.gif
Correct, and there's no way to tell what it will have if you're ordering it new online. The temporary hack only takes a few seconds to launch anyways.

Izzy said:
I've also heard/read about the motherboard can be a b*tch, what could be of a problem there?The motherboard is the reason you can or cannot downgrade/permanent hack.

Izzy said:
If I got this right, and I'm lucky that the PSP is at 6.20 OFW I should just follow the guide:
"6.20 PRO-B7 (permanent) installation."
Install the "6.20 PRO-B7" and follow that until I'm done?6.20 or less, correct.

Izzy said:
I'm then able to play homebrew, backup of my games and even being able to rip backups of my own UMD's? (I personally own a PSP 2004 Silver so)Yes. I haven't actually attempted to rip a UMD ever since moving to the 6.x firmwares (I gave my original games away, didn't like them much), but considering that you can still redirect the USB to the UMD drive it should still work.

QUOTE(Izzy @ Jun 27 2011, 09:53 AM) If I however is at a higher like 6.30, I should NOT downgrade (110 % brick chance?) and instead just follow the:
"6.39 PRO-B7 (temporary) installation" and first upgrade to 6.39 if I'm not already on that.
Yes. If you attempt to downgrade a PSP beyond what it came with out of the box it will brick. I have never heard different, and many people have sadly attempted and bricked over the years.

QUOTE(Izzy @ Jun 27 2011, 09:53 AM)
Then follow the temporary guide with: 6.39 PRO-B7.
The temporary guide has you update to 6.39 first, yeah.

QUOTE(Izzy @ Jun 27 2011, 09:53 AM)
Much text to read and probably alot of errors, props to Rydian who made this awesome tutorial/guide and a response from him or anyone else helping me. =)
Thanks in advance!
D'awww, you're welcome.

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the super fast reply!

So basically, the only thing I've got to worry about is to not go above OFW 6.39 and having the right motherboard?
I tried to find about the motherboard thing regarding the PSPs (I suck at finding things btw), but I'm not sure I've got that figured out.
When I wrote the question about MB, you answered:
"The motherboard is the reason you can or cannot downgrade/permanent hack."

So worst case scenario the MB is of the one you cannot permanently hack and it's at like 6.30, I can still use CFW and hack it once it's turned on to a CFW, or did I asume wrong now?
tongue.gif

In other words, the only way I'm not going to be able to run CFW as of today is if I upgrade to 6.40 or/and above?
I should as well start with running the: "PSP Module Checker" as soon as I turn on my PSP, and you actually can run that on an OFW? (I know there's no point if you're already on a CFW), but how does that work really, out of curiosity? Shouldn't Sony be able/want to stop that?

Hi everyone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i wonder why you are pushing users to use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher. you don't need that for anything, just update the PSP to an official firmware, then update it to the CFW equivalent and it's finished. all you do by linking them to Hellcat's Recovery Flasher is drastically increase the odds they do something wrong and end up with a bricked PSP.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone said:
i wonder why you are pushing users to use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher.

I'm guessing it's because of the ludicrous way GEN firmwares prevent updates. HRF prevents an error....also it's pretty hard to mess up that step, almost impossible given it's just an alternative OFW pathway.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Izzy said:
So basically, the only thing I've got to worry about is to not go above OFW 6.39 and having the right motherboard?Yes, so the quicker you get it the safer you'll be, since as time goes on a public release of a later firmware becomes more and more likely.

Izzy said:
I tried to find about the motherboard thing regarding the PSPs (I suck at finding things btw), but I'm not sure I've got that figured out.
When I wrote the question about MB, you answered:
"The motherboard is the reason you can or cannot downgrade/permanent hack."

So worst case scenario the MB is of the one you cannot permanently hack and it's at like 6.30, I can still use CFW and hack it once it's turned on to a CFW, or did I asume wrong now?
tongue.gif
No, what I'm saying is the motherboard is the cause of the whole temp/perma and downgrade thing.

Like, some PSPs cannot use the 6.20 permanent hack. This is because they cannot use 6.20, and this is because of the motherboard. Newer motherboards come with newer firmwares, and you can't downgrade a PSP past what it came with.

Izzy said:
In other words, the only way I'm not going to be able to run CFW as of today is if I upgrade to 6.40 or/and above?Correct.

Izzy said:
I should as well start with running the: "PSP Module Checker" as soon as I turn on my PSP, and you actually can run that on an OFW? (I know there's no point if you're already on a CFW),If you want an extra step to be safer then yes.

QUOTE(Izzy @ Jun 27 2011, 10:53 AM)
but how does that work really, out of curiosity? Shouldn't Sony be able/want to stop that?
User-mode PSP homebrews (and some official games) can be signed now, meaning they can run on OFW. This is a recent development, but has many restrictions.

QUOTE(Hi everyone @ Jun 27 2011, 10:53 AM)
i wonder why you are pushing users to use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher. you don't need that for anything, just update the PSP to an official firmware
Older CFWs won't let you natively (you'll note that hellcat's is only in the step for upgrading from older CFWs!), and while there's other methods to running an OFW upgrade, hacks to make 6.x games run on 5.x firmwares (which were often used before 6.x CFWs and are still in use by some people now) installed additional modules to flash (as well as other minor tweaks), so using hellcat's to format and flash a clean OFW makes sure that the user is working with a clean slate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol