molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
DJPlace said:
do you need a memory card to do any of this? (i'm getting one later on tonight just in case)
Yes you do, of course, in order to put the updater into your PSP. Strictly speaking you only need a memory card large enough to hold the (small) update files, so the card which your PSP came with is enough.

However it's always a good idea to get a decent memory card, as more memory on the PSP is always useful (as has been said earlier).

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
molh394 said:
DJPlace said:
do you need a memory card to do any of this? (i'm getting one later on tonight just in case)
Yes you do, of course, in order to put the updater into your PSP. Strictly speaking you only need a memory card large enough to hold the (small) update files, so the card which your PSP came with is enough.

However it's always a good idea to get a decent memory card, as more memory on the PSP is always useful (as has been said earlier).
It depends on whether you have a psp 1k-3k or a psp Go. If you have a psp 1k-3k, you will need a memory stick. If you have a psp Go, you can put the installer inside the internal memory of the Go instead of buying a mem stick for the Go.

I have a question: is it better to uninstall the permanent patch then update to a newer version, or can I just update from a permanently hacked state?

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
s4mid4re said:
It depends on whether you have a psp 1k-3k or a psp Go. If you have a psp 1k-3k, you will need a memory stick. If you have a psp Go, you can put the installer inside the internal memory of the Go instead of buying a mem stick for the Go.
Well he said that he was running a 4xx firmware, so I figured he didn't have a Go.
tongue.gif

QUOTE(s4mid4re @ Jun 2 2011, 02:15 AM) I have a question: is it better to uninstall the permanent patch then update to a newer version, or can I just update from a permanently hacked state?
Better to uninstall.

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Quote from Coldbird, a dev of PRO CFW
Coldbird said:
1. Uninstall permanent bootloader. Using the B6 version of the installer for uninstalling is fine.
2. "Reinstall" B6 UPDATE by pressing L + X in the Updater.
3. Install permanent bootloader.
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&...;p=74080#p74080
Best uninstall permanent patch when updating, better safe than sorry....

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the info i'll hack it once i get a memory card and a download game for it.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
If you perma'd I'd run the uninstall and then install B6.

I haven't tested updating with the perma patch installed, and have a lot of my stuff packed right now so I can't really do it.
molh394 said:
*snip*

Better to uninstall.
45gc said:
Quote from Coldbird, a dev of PRO CFW
Coldbird
1. Uninstall permanent bootloader. Using the B6 version of the installer for uninstalling is fine.
2. "Reinstall" B6 UPDATE by pressing L + X in the Updater.
3. Install permanent bootloader.
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&...;p=74080#p74080
Best uninstall permanent patch when updating, better safe than sorry....
Okay, thanks for the info.
smile.gif

Budge74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, thanks for the guide!

Think I have a problem with my PSP1000.

It was running a very old CFW, 3.77 (I think).

Following the guide, I used Hellcats to flash the official 5.00 on, went ok.

Now, trying to do the official 6.20 upgrade I get this:

The system configuration of this PSP system does not appear to be correct.
The update cannot be started.
(DRNFFFFFFCD)

And it wont let me update.
frown.gif

I've had a Google, and it appears I need to "clean my keys"?
But can I do that now i'm on the offical 5.00 FW?

I might have access to a Pandora battery, and i've got a feeling i'm gonna need it...
smile.gif

Sorry for being such a noob, but i've not picked my PSP up in years!

Thanks in advance.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you patch Key 5 when you downgraded the PSP to 1.00/1.50 the first time you CFW'd?

What you need to do is run Chilly Willy's Key Cleaner and check what it says about your Keys, and check whether you have a patched Key 5 or not (or if you have a virgin nand dump from YOUR PSP you can flash that with Nandtool).

If you don't have a full Nand dump and key dump i'd probably do that first before anything else. (Nandtool again)

Budge74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
Did you patch Key 5 when you downgraded the PSP to 1.00/1.50 the first time you CFW'd?

What you need to do is run Chilly Willy's Key Cleaner and check what it says about your Keys, and check whether you have a patched Key 5 or not (or if you have a virgin nand dump from YOUR PSP you can flash that with Nandtool).

If you don't have a full Nand dump and key dump i'd probably do that first before anything else. (Nandtool again)
Honestly, I have no idea whether I patched it or not (but having trawled the net, it appears I probably did).

Can I run Keycleaner on an official firmware (Currently on official 5.00 after step one of this guide)?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
If you can't update to say 6.39 and then use 6.39 PRO then What i'd suggest is to get hold of a Pandora, set up a DCv8 MMS with elfmenu, Keycleaner and Nandtool on it and do the dumps and Key Unpatching from there.

You can't use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher from OFW.
frown.gif

Budge74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers xist.
Currently dling PSP Pandora Deluxe 3.3, seems to have all the tools on it.
Pick up the battery tomorrow and have a go then.
Thanks for your help, will report back....

P.S: Not sure if it's worth adding this to the guide in the first section, or am I just extremely unlucky?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche