Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
They took down a few only I thought and then screwed up and took them all down for a few hours?

But he's lost his no-ip and dyndns, is there something wrong or is he just getting hit in the crossfire?
He only used the *.no-ip.com which was also affected but no-ip has more free domains now, so duke_srg could you check your no-ip account and make a *.ddns.net ?

rixmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just made a video on how to create a nintendo zone on a home router if anyone is interested.

drinnian

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just made a video on how to create a nintendo zone on a home router if anyone is interested.

Nice video, I did things a bit different, but that's because I don't use the wifi on my dd-wrt for any other device.

Can't you just use the MACfilter to only allow the 3ds on your network (so you don't have to use a password) and still have acces to nintendozone? I never really checked myself, because I wouldn't be able to use it anyway.

rixmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice video, I did things a bit different, but that's because I don't use the wifi on my dd-wrt for any other device.

Can't you just use the MACfilter to only allow the 3ds on your network (so you don't have to use a password) and still have acces to nintendozone? I never really checked myself, because I wouldn't be able to use it anyway.
Yea definitely, but you'd have to whitelist the mac for each wireless device the router serves, not just attwifi. I live close to an elementary school, so I don't mind 3DS kids connecting as long as they use less than 3mbps or so of my bandwidth

Ackis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It works for me :)

Works for me as well.

dicamarques I'm going through the Linux script you've provided. You're just using dnsmasq to act as a dhcp server for the home pass relay? Does it have to be shut down everytime the mac address changes? I'm actually using dnsmasq for my network dhcp and DNS.

dicamarques

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Works for me as well.

dicamarques I'm going through the Linux script you've provided. You're just using dnsmasq to act as a dhcp server for the home pass relay? Does it have to be shut down everytime the mac address changes? I'm actually using dnsmasq for my network dhcp and DNS.
I provide 2 script, none of them was made by me :P. If you're using method 2 I think you dont need to restart it.

Javier82

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi!

I'm new here and managed to setup my homepass somewhat successfully, at least for day 1.

I'm using an USB dongle (D-Link USB Wireless N150) and for the most part, homepass works. However, the first day I manage to make work the MaCycle flawlessly, it changed MACs every 20-30 minutes and bam!, 6-9 streetpasses on each console (have 2 btw) through all 16 MACs.

But since the next day, the consoles only get streetpasses once, I let the MaCycle run through all 16 MACs at random but the consoles don't seem to connect to another MAC after the first one. Any ideas?

Btw, tested this dongle with Ubuntu and it doesn't seem to be supported fyi.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi!

I'm new here and managed to setup my homepass somewhat successfully, at least for day 1.

I'm using an USB dongle (D-Link USB Wireless N150) and for the most part, homepass works. However, the first day I manage to make work the MaCycle flawlessly, it changed MACs every 20-30 minutes and bam!, 6-9 streetpasses on each console (have 2 btw) through all 16 MACs.

But since the next day, the consoles only get streetpasses once, I let the MaCycle run through all 16 MACs at random but the consoles don't seem to connect to another MAC after the first one. Any ideas?

Btw, tested this dongle with Ubuntu and it doesn't seem to be supported fyi.
thats good you managed to get it working my guess would be that its a driver/windows fault to be sure delete the whole homepass setup and do it again if it works then its a driver issue. you should then disable the hostednetwork and enable it again

GreatMightySymp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dicamarques

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Used Guide 1 for Windows 7/8. For Mac Cycle I use: "MACycle" but it seems something is broken for me. Since sometimes it looses the connection.

I Mean: "Attwifi" - No Network Access. So Sharing of my Main COnnection not working. Anyone have a Idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described