• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Xando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got this working with an old Netgear WG602v3 that was just sat in a box. I got 3 people at once which I thought was a little odd, isn't it usually one at a time per MAC address?

Also, if that dd-wrt mac address switching script could be edited to work with micro, that would be great :D

GreatMightySymp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd, after doing a save startup with nothing (so it cleared it out) and using that wget you mentioned it seemed to have worked.

Thanks for the help. :)

inb4tehlulz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried doing this in a few different ways, using windows 7, using android.. the result is the same everytime.. the 3ds connects periodically, I even get a "There is a nintendo zone available in this location" but nothing ever street passes. As far as I can tell the mac address is being spoofed correctly, but nothing happens.

10n4w2o.jpg

Ackis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some possible options are: BASE16, GBATEMP, BASE256. You need to have a "," in between like below:

Is the complete list of options currently:
BASE1
BASE16
BASE256
GBATEMP

My router seems to freeze up after a day or so of streetpasses so I'm looking at moving this functionality over to my Ubuntu server.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello there.
I tried setting this up on my tplink 1043nd with DD-wrt and an atheros chipset. When I reboot the router I get a mac adress from the lost, but when I run the script manually using ssh, nothing happens.

My 3DS also tells me there is a Nintendo zone nearby, but when I run the app it tells me it couldn't connect to the access point, I can however access the internet through the AP. I'm am running the latest build I could find (June 23rd 2014 - build 24xxxx something.

Is the Nintendo zone actually supposed to work at all?

Edit: Homepass seema to work, when i woke up this morning I had 8/10 passes. How often is the Mac supposed to cycle of I haven't modified the cron job?

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I would like to suggest (if it hadn't been done) a mac address to exchange puzzle swap pieces with Japanese and European 3DS Systems. I'm having a hard time to get pink pieces at the newest japanese puzzles.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is the complete list of options currently:
My router seems to freeze up after a day or so of streetpasses so I'm looking at moving this functionality over to my Ubuntu server.

I'm also experienced periodically freezes on Atheros based router (hostapd stop/start cycle hang sometimes). I had several fix attempts, they were not 100% solution, but I can give you those versions to test. I'm on a Broadcom-based router now and can't make further test with Atheros-based.

I think base1 and 49 dont exist

Yes, they exists!

2All: Upgraded my wife's notebook to Windows 7 this weekend, so vbs (WSH) version of my script for Windows7+ will be soon.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Just thought I would share my experiences with three different setups on Windows and MACycle

1. Ethernet + Intel wireless (Win 7, Linux, although the OS is not really impt for this case)

Result: Failed

Explanation: Intel explicitly restricts mac spoofing, to the extent that even if the wireless adapter (Wi-Fi)'s mac is changed, the change is not propagated to the hostednetwork/miniport adapter. It was bad luck that I started testing with this setup which led to some confusion until I found a working setup in the next..

See http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031081.htm for more info

2. Ethernet + ASUS usb wifi dongle (XP)

Result: Succeeded

Explanation: No such rubbish for ASUS, although the steps varied a little (perhaps also because this is on XP). ASUS software can already configure the wireless adapter as a SoftAP (and shares the internet connection from the wired adapter), so all that remains is to set the ssid to attwifi (with passphrase), and rename the wireless adapter to Wi-Fi. MACycle had no problems rotating macs for Wi-Fi. hostednetwork is not applicable here and no need to configure ICS separately.

3. Ethernet (optional) + onboard Broadcom wireless (Win 7)

Result: Succeeded

Explanation: This was the closest to the instructions described here - http://gbatemp.net/threads/homepass-chaldrons-mac-cycler-for-windows.352935/
except that only one network adapter is used (the Wi-Fi). Turns out that under Windows 7, the wireless adapter can still connect to regular networks while serving as SoftAP/hostednetwork, so this can work by having Wi-Fi itself share its internet connection to the miniport adapter. The downside is that the internet will be disrupted for normal activity every time the mac for Wi-Fi is changed, but for Streetpass purposes it is still perfectly fine.

NB: Ethernet was listed as I used it for initial testing and found it to be working, before realizing that it isn't essential.

Refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd815243(v=vs.85).aspx for more info.

yamfun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I have a DD-WRT home relay that was working by using the script here several months ago, but I had been experiencing problems since like 10 to 20 days ago (there is another wireless routers at the home so I didn't realize there's a problem at first).
Wired connections between pc and the router is fine. But wireless is like disabled when detecting from phones and 3ds and vita, unless I close the cron job, then it will work fine.
Probably related to the domain name problem? so I tried the new script in like page 10 but that has the same effect.
So, what is the newest working script right now, is it the one at page 10?

Thanks.

devist8r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know what to do anymore. I read so much installed/uninstalled so many drivers and I can't get it to work on Win7 64bit.

Whenever I try to change the MAC-adress of my wireless network adapter the microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter stops working (http://puu.sh/anEQR/80e01f0156.png). Without changing the MAC my 3DS can connect without any trouble to the AP.
I suspect something with the driver is off.. but I don't know really. MAC-Cycle & Co won't help either.

I'm using the TP-Link TL-WN722N Dongle with the following driver (AR9002U_2.0.0.62). Tried also the driver provided by TP-Link on the delievered disc aswell as the driver on the website of TP. Nada worked :[ always the same problem

Help would be MUCH appreciated >_<

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Finaly made a script to use with Windows 7 and above
Just download script from http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install and run
nzone.vbs start GBATEMP
The AP with SSID=attwifi and password nintendozone will start. It will work just like on Linux/Router. To stop MAC change just run
nzone.vbs stop

TexRob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pinpointrg.com
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm confused. I got this working by all accounts on Windows 7. I thought this worked like going to a Streetpass relay and you get a bunch of passes all at once. Is that now how this works? Do I need to keep this up and then I get them as people hit the streetpass relays? I get a message that a Nintendo Zone is available, I get an internet connection, it all appears to work, but I never get any passes. I tried a few from the MAC list in the google document.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
So, I'm confused. I got this working by all accounts on Windows 7. I thought this worked like going to a Streetpass relay and you get a bunch of passes all at once. Is that now how this works? Do I need to keep this up and then I get them as people hit the streetpass relays? I get a message that a Nintendo Zone is available, I get an internet connection, it all appears to work, but I never get any passes. I tried a few from the MAC list in the google document.

You are not actually at a nzone although the 3ds thinks it is, and will send the streetpass data along with the MAC that identifies the (spoofed) nzone to nintendo's servers. I guess when you are doing this for the very first time, no one else knows about your presence until they pick up your data when they hit the same address, so that might take longer. As long as the 3ds can connect to the internet via attwifi and the mac spoofing is working, you should be able to see the green light eventually as you cycle through the 160 addresses at 5 min intervals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj