Homebrew How to get this firmware 11.0.0-4U

D

Deleted User

I'm curious cause a guy on another forums asked this question and he says he bought a 2DS from some store and upon returning home and booting it up he noticed that his 3DS's online functionality seemingly does not work. Basically, he can't update the firmware and he can't go online with it so he checked the firmware and 11.0.0-4U is what showed up.

We told him to check the SD card and he says there's a lot of weird files on the card that wouldn't normally be in a clean SD card.

He pretty much can't do anything about it now but to use the 3DS as an offline only console cause the firmware version he has doesn't even officially exist

Sounds like a creepypasta but it's true lol

Just wondering how the 3DS he bought ended up with that particular firmware version? What do you think did the original owner do with the console.
has he tried safe mode? try setting it up with internet manually, regardless if it fails or works. then shut it off. hold A+R+L+Up(DPad). then follow. there is two firms. safe mode and native firm. native firm is usally touched when downgrading. however safe mode isn't. this could fix the system. Safe mode will update the system and may un Frankenstein his system. And it should force a connection to the system. and may get the files that is missing. P.s WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T FORMAT THE SYSTEM. It may cause a brick.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

well I guess he screwed. Unless he manages to aceess hbl from soundhax. and do a ctr transfer to 9.2.0.

TheSystemFailed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 2ds in question is mine. I originally posted the problem on Gamefaqs. At the time, I could find no one experiencing a firmware of 11.0.0-4U. There is no payload for that version firmware, so basically I have an offline device now. I would simply return the 2ds, because it was a backup to my N3dsXL, but this whole thing interests me. Like stated above, the browser, eshop, download play, youtube, miiverse apps do not work and prompt me for an update. Update through settings gets me about 90 percent there, but restarts my 2ds due to error. Booting up holding all those buttons takes me to an update screen, but it fails too. This is where I'm at until some way to crack a 4U firmware can be made. I screwed up big time and updated through my daughter's Pokemon Sun game, thinking I would be brought back to current firmware, since that game is fairly new. I had no idea it would keep the browser version the same. There were a lot of weird files like Luma and 9 something, and otherapp, and some other files. The SD card was wiped clean and a system format was done. Same issues remain. It cannot update. It is essentially a cartridge only system.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The 2ds in question is mine. I originally posted the problem on Gamefaqs. At the time, I could find no one experiencing a firmware of 11.0.0-4U. There is no payload for that version firmware, so basically I have an offline device now. I would simply return the 2ds, because it was a backup to my N3dsXL, but this whole thing interests me. Like stated above, the browser, eshop, download play, youtube, miiverse apps do not work and prompt me for an update. Update through settings gets me about 90 percent there, but restarts my 2ds due to error. Booting up holding all those buttons takes me to an update screen, but it fails too. This is where I'm at until some way to crack a 4U firmware can be made. I screwed up big time and updated through my daughter's Pokemon Sun game, thinking I would be brought back to current firmware, since that game is fairly new. I had no idea it would keep the browser version the same. There were a lot of weird files like Luma and 9 something, and otherapp, and some other files. The SD card was wiped clean and a system format was done. Same issues remain. It cannot update. It is essentially a cartridge only system.
20170131_010109.jpg 20170131_012018.jpg 20170131_012034.jpg
20170131_012018.jpg
20170131_010109.jpg 20170131_010109.jpg 20170131_012018.jpg 20170131_012034.jpg 20170131_012100.jpg 20170131_012034.jpg 20170131_012100.jpg

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

View attachment 76877 View attachment 76878 View attachment 76879 View attachment 76878 View attachment 76877 View attachment 76877 View attachment 76878 View attachment 76879 View attachment 76880 View attachment 76879 View attachment 76880
Have you tried Cubic Ninja? Ninjhax 2.x doesn't use the browser.

fortedsx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if A9LH was successfully installed but the previous owner attempted to restore it by doing a system update instead of restoring it via NAND dump?
Try booting the 2DS without an SD inside it. See if the Luma config screen comes up.
If it has A9LH, you might be able to restore via 9.2.0 ctrtransfer

szymon170

Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Have you even tried soundhax yet? That seems like the most obvious thing to do and it's free and doesn't depend on the browser.
He probably doesn't know anything about 3DS homebrew scene because he doesn't know about A9LH, Luma3DS and Decrypt9, so don't talk like it should be an obvious thing for him to do.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
No ropbin for that firmware.
That 4 value is nver, which is the browser, eshop etc. number, and it's meaningless.
POST5_U_25600_usa_9221.bin is what he needs.
It's also otherapp, not ropbin.
@TheSystemFailed please don't run out and buy cubic ninja, which is like half the cost of a new 2ds, lol. :P

Last edited by zoogie,

Kyubnyan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That 4 value is nver, which is the browser, eshop etc. number, and it's meaningless.
POST5_U_25600_usa_9221.bin is what he needs.
It's also otherapp, not ropbin.
@TheSystemFailed please don't run out and buy cubic ninja, which is like half the cost of a new 2ds, lol. :P
He said they didn't work in a previous thread iirc.

imRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
IIRC, the last number (for the browser etc) needs to be equal or higher for otherapp to work correctly. Have you tried it with a higher number to get something to work?

Edit: and for use with soundhax rename the file to otherapp.bin (not otherapp.bin.bin ofcourse) and place it in the root of the SD.

Last edited by imRed,

TheSystemFailed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC, the last number (for the browser etc) needs to be equal or higher for otherapp to work correctly. Have you tried it with a higher number to get something to work?

Edit: and for use with soundhax rename the file to otherapp.bin (not otherapp.bin.bin ofcourse) and place it in the root of the SD.
I did try loading up higher browser versions. They all just lead to a restart when I run the sound file in the music app

Have you even tried soundhax yet? That seems like the most obvious thing to do and it's free and doesn't depend on the browser.
Yep. Tried soundhax. The problem is no payload to download for version 4 browser. 7 is the lowest option.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

11.0.0-7U == 11.0.0-33U == 11.0.0-999U

Download all and compare hashes and you'll see.

@TheSystemFailed The browser version DOES NOT MATTER. See above.

Last edited by zoogie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme