Homebrew How to get this firmware 11.0.0-4U

KaoruSesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now, I'm in a very similar situation to @TheSystemFailed.

My 2DS, that I recently traded my PS3 for, is on this Frankenfirmware 11.0.0-4U.

I've compared the hashes of 11.0.0-7U==11.0.0-33U==11.0.0-999U

Like it was stated earlier, the browser version doesn't matter. ATM, I am testing to see if I can get Soundhax to work with an 11.0.0-33U otherapp.bin file. I'm unsure if the m4a file could possibly interact with elements of the browser.

I do have a 2nd 2DS, so I'm not so much worried about this one, but I'm simply wanting to up my experience in modding, I guess.

Update_1: The 11.0.0-33U otherapp.bin that was generated didn't allow Soundhax to work.

Any ideas?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm beginning to wonder if someone would have to build an otherapp specifically for this frankenfirmware.

Update_2: 11.0.0-7U otherapp didn't allow Soundhax to work.
Update_3: For curiosity sake, I tested the 11.0.0-7U ropbin, but still nothing. Only a system crash.

I believe the issue is in the m4a file for soundhax.
I don't have experience with this, so I'm likely wrong in assuming that soundhax DOES use some part of the browser.

I only got into this situation because the WiFi was disabled when I downgraded to version 2.1.0-4U. I DO have a NANDmin.bin backup, but no way to get to it.

Hmm.... I'm trying to think of a solution, but I can't really come to one.

I don't think this is a permanent brick, being that I can still access everything that ISN'T online, so there IS a way out.

I'm thinking that NinjHax is the only way out because it lacks online usage and I can trade a game that I have an extra copy of for it.

Does anyone know what the m4a file does? Is it possible to modify it for the frankenfirmware? Or, could it be the other files associated with soundhax.

If that is it, then how would I edit these files for this frankenfirmware?

Last edited by KaoruSesu,

KaoruSesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a screenshot of the root of the 1st SD card that I have for it.

Attachments

• Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    24.7 KB · Views: 229

KaoruSesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I have an idea.

Since 2.1.0-4U ctrtransfer was successful, doesn't that mean that, at the core of this frankenfirmware, we are just dealing with 2.1.0-4U.

It exists in the form of an unusable browser. I know where I personally messed up on in my route to install CFW, but I figured that since it updates from a cartridge at a quick pace, wouldn't it still be a collision of both 11.0.0-33U and 2.1.0-4U?

The system settings COULD be sending misinformation about the firmware version, couldn't it?

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
You have frakenfirm for sure. There is no other way of repairing it except for starting fresh with a 9.2 CTR transfer, I spent two months looking for a solution.

Remember to back up your saves and other data.

KaoruSesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have frakenfirm for sure. There is no other way of repairing it except for starting fresh with a 9.2 CTR transfer, I spent two months looking for a solution.

Remember to back up your saves and other data.

I have a NAND backup. I'm trying to figure out how to get into HBL, as soundhax, browserhax and menuhax are inaccessible.
How would I go about installing that 9.2 CTR Transfer?

My boot.3dsx was built for version 11.2.0-35U. I think that might be my problem for not being able to boot into soundhax, I'm likely wrong on that assumption though.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I think I have an idea.

Since 2.1.0-4U ctrtransfer was successful, doesn't that mean that, at the core of this frankenfirmware, we are just dealing with 2.1.0-4U.

It exists in the form of an unusable browser. I know where I personally messed up on in my route to install CFW, but I figured that since it updates from a cartridge at a quick pace, wouldn't it still be a collision of both 11.0.0-33U and 2.1.0-4U?

The system settings COULD be sending misinformation about the firmware version, couldn't it?
If you updated to 11.0.0-4 via cart you wouldn't have a browser anyway as cart updates post 9.8 contain a browser stub that overwrites your browser.
I can promise you hax 2.x does not use the browser in any way. You can delete it manually and *hax will still work.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
If you have a NAND mod, you could reflash your NAND image directly, but warning though, sysNANDmin.bin flashing bricked my new3DS (bootrom 8046 blue screen) you need the raw complete dump for that, 1.6 gig or whatever it is (from my experience anyway)

I just followed the 9.2 CTR transfer part of the 3DS guide here;

https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer.html

You'll lose everything, all your CIA games, saves, unless you perform manual system transfer which in my opinion, is not worth it (you need to decrypt and re-decrypt multiple NAND backups to extract files blah blah) it's far easier to dump saves and reinstall CIAs.

KaoruSesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a NAND mod, you could reflash your NAND image directly, but warning though, sysNANDmin.bin flashing bricked my new3DS (bootrom 8046 blue screen) you need the raw complete dump for that, 1.6 gig or whatever it is (from my experience anyway)

I just followed the 9.2 CTR transfer part of the 3DS guide here;

https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer.html

You'll lose everything, all your CIA games, saves, unless you perform manual system transfer which in my opinion, is not worth it (you need to decrypt and re-decrypt multiple NAND backups to extract files blah blah) it's far easier to dump saves and reinstall CIAs.

That's the issue in it's own right. I have no access to HBL, so I can't get into Decrypt9. If you can tell me help me get into HBL, I can solve the rest on my own and then post it here for others in the similar situation.

@Jao Chu Did YOU get stuck on this 11.0.0-4U frankenfirm?

How did you get out of it?

That is what I need to know to solve the rest on my own.

Of course, I can always just sell it to the pawnshop near my home and it'll never be known, as no one will really buy digital for it, but I don't want to press my problem on someone else.

KaoruSesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@zoogie Don't you need browserhax to install ninjhax? Soundhax isn't working and the 9.2 ctr transfer guide DOESN'T help in the slightest in this situation.

Say I get my hands on CubicNinjas, how would I go about installing ninjhax without browserhax?

The ninjhax install requires an internet connection and the non-existent browser denies any of my attempts to try and get past this.

Have you been put in this situation, zoogie? Have you experienced this EXACT situation? If so, I'll trust you and trade my Pokémon Moon cart for CubicNinja and then proceed to in-half-brick my console.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
That's the issue in it's own right. I have no access to HBL, so I can't get into Decrypt9. If you can tell me help me get into HBL, I can solve the rest on my own and then post it here for others in the similar situation.

@Jao Chu Did YOU get stuck on this 11.0.0-4U frankenfirm?

How did you get out of it?

That is what I need to know to solve the rest on my own.

Of course, I can always just sell it to the pawnshop near my home and it'll never be known, as no one will really buy digital for it, but I don't want to press my problem on someone else.

I had homebrew capabilities due to having A9LH installed already.

I had A9LH with Luma3DS with updated sysNAND mode. I was stuck on 9.2, I couldn't update via eShop or the system menu, I had to update via pokemon cart to 11.0. It still rufused to update.

I had a NAND mod and reflashed my NAND and ended up bricking it. I managed to find a working NAND backup, unbricked it and performed a fresh 9.2 CTR transfer which fixed all my problems with frakenfirm.

KaoruSesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JaoChu Okay, I see where you are in a different situation.

I do NOT have a NANDmod. I have a regular 2DS that I downgraded from 11.2.0-35U => 2.1.0-4U via CTR Transfer => 11.0.0-4U (aka FrankenFirm) and I am locked out from any point of entry into HBL.

Unless I get CubicNinja tomorrow, as planned, I won't be able to even have a chance at getting out of this.

Also, I still don't think that ninjhax will work. It requires and internet connection and that links via the browser, so I am doubting that it will work. but if it does, I'll happily pass my gamecart around for people that get stuck in this situation, I just want it back after someone is done. (Yes, completely free of charge.)

Next week, I'll have my other 2DS back and I was just thinking of selling both of them and getting a PSPgo and modding that since it's a lot easier and not as complex. It's also not possible for the system to be stuck in a state like this with the 2DS.

Reactions: MajinCubyan

KaoruSesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use a PowerSaves to add the right save, you don't have to have the net or any browser.

I don't have a PowerSaves, nor do I have the expenses at the moment. Without that, won't I STILL need an internet connection?

I'll go through with getting the cart tomorrow, but I don't know how I'm supposed to install it without a browser and, in turn, an internet connection.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I don't have a PowerSaves, nor do I have the expenses at the moment. Without that, won't I STILL need an internet connection?

I'll go through with getting the cart tomorrow, but I don't know how I'm supposed to install it without a browser and, in turn, an internet connection.
You can't need the net, because otherwise it wouldn't work for people that install the save because they don't have the net...
Also, once you've scanned the QR code with internet, you no longer need the net to launch the exploit (so installing the save bypasses the scanning the QR code step). Again, you don't need a browser to scan the QR code (since you have no PowerSaves), just internet.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

KaoruSesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't need the net, because otherwise it wouldn't work for people that install the save because they don't have the net...
Also, once you've scanned the QR code with internet, you no longer need the net to launch the exploit (so installing the save bypasses the scanning the QR code step). Again, you don't need a browser to scan the QR code (since you have no PowerSaves), just internet.

Okay, so if I go out and get rid of my 2nd copy of Pokémon Moon and follow the instructions TO THE LETTER, I'll be able to get my 2DS out of the situation it is now? 100%? No chance of failure if I follow the instructions?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, so if I go out and get rid of my 2nd copy of Pokémon Moon and follow the instructions TO THE LETTER, I'll be able to get my 2DS out of the situation it is now? 100%? No chance of failure if I follow the instructions?
I have no idea, it isn't clear what is wrong with your console.

KaoruSesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea, it isn't clear what is wrong with your console.

It's stuck on FrankenFirm 11.0.0-4U (which is essentially a browser-less 11.0.0-33U, but without the all the exploits I've tried).

Look back a few posts. I explained how I got into this situation.

All because I didn't have the WiFi on, so now it's stuck on 11.0.0-4U

If you want a further diagnosis, here:

I don't have a browser, can't access eShop, MiiVerse or update via System Update in the settings. It's also stuck on 11.0.0-4U, the 4 representing the stub from 2.1.0-4U, so I don't have an existent browser now, it's just a 'dummy' file that prompts me to 'Update System to access the Browser". That's about it for the diagnosis.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It's stuck on FrankenFirm 11.0.0-4U (which is essentially a browser-less 11.0.0-33U, but without the all the exploits I've tried).

Look back a few posts. I explained how I got into this situation.

All because I didn't have the WiFi on, so now it's stuck on 11.0.0-4U

If you want a further diagnosis, here:

I don't have a browser, can't access eShop, MiiVerse or update via System Update in the settings. It's also stuck on 11.0.0-4U, the 4 representing the stub from 2.1.0-4U, so I don't have an existent browser now, it's just a 'dummy' file that prompts me to 'Update System to access the Browser". That's about it for the diagnosis.
You don't actually have a frankenfirm. A frankenfirm is when you have system titles from different firmwares that can't exist in the wild. Here you have a normal 11.0 with an outdated browser caused by a cart update, which is quite normal.

KaoruSesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't actually have a frankenfirm. A frankenfirm is when you have system titles from different firmwares that can't exist in the wild. Here you have a normal 11.0 with an outdated browser caused by a cart update, which is quite normal.

And the fix? ninjhax?

If you suggest soundhax, it doesn't work. Unless you have a specific pack for this version, soundhax doesn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte