How to dump your own 3DS/DS games/saves.

Discussion in 'NDS - Tutorials' started by Rydian, Jan 13, 2011.

1. mikebzh44

mikebzh44 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2013
    France
    OK so I can set my WiFi with WEP.

I will try with an old DS this week-end.

2. mikebzh44

mikebzh44 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2013
    France
    Great news !!

I have found a DSLite and I'm using Wood Dumper r85 and my first dump is transfering ;)

Thanks a lot for your help.

3. marc_max

marc_max GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 19, 2008
    Hey Rydian,
    the first post has an outdated version of my NDS SLOT-2 save tool.
    I updated it some time ago supporting a file selector and some bugfixes aswell.
    Link

4. Rydian
    OP

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Which one is it? I've never used any of the slot-2 stuff so I don't know which is which, but some of the filetrip links are pointing to a specific version instead of the latest entry.

5. marc_max

marc_max GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 19, 2008
    Filetrip has the 0.4
    Latest version is 1.0

6. Rydian
    OP

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Alright, uploaded 1.0, changed the link to always point at the latest.

7. Ganondolf

Ganondolf Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2013
    Uruguay
    Im using savegame manager, but it dosent show my .sav file that I put in c:/temp what can I do????

8. didi1000

didi1000 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2013
    Gambia, The
  9. AndrewRoks1998

AndrewRoks1998 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    In your kitchen cabinet, behind the bread
    Sorry if this is a stupid/n00bish question, but will the Wi-Fi method of dumping saves work with the save type that WarioWare D.I.Y. uses (NAND Flash)?

10. masterz87

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    Seriously why the hell can't wood do the save files too? The wifi connection tool is utter poop it randomly dissconnects for me, why can't wood switch from game card to save file.

11. Gary The Great

Gary The Great Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2007
    Mexico
    My Room
    so, can use the first method with only a DSTwo to backup retail pokemon White?

12. masterz87

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    if you're lucky you can. It randomly craps out at random times, so good luck is all I have got to say.

13. secretsubscriber

secretsubscriber Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2014
    United States
    Hello
    Just got an AceKard 2i and I've been able to backup the save data from Radiant Historia and Fighting Fantasy, via Wifi with no issue.
    But it doesn't work with Suikoden Tierkreis. I get a 64Kb file, but the saves are not found by the game. It seems like some save data exists in the file. If I had no save file, I get a screen at the beginning of the game where I can choose the game's language.
    Anyone have experience with this game. I searches aren't turning out anything.

Thanks

14. Arithmatics

Arithmatics I'll be holding on to you. ;}

Jan 29, 2009
    Malaysia
    Hey guys.

since Nintendo's wifi service shut down, would this still work? I've been trying to find a lookaround but nothing seems to be working.

The wifi settings are all correct and it's showing error 20110 (Service discontinued) after testing the connection.

With this set up after inserting the cartridge I want to back up it shows me "unable to find access point" error.

Just wondering if anyone managed to bypass this or does it mean that the wifi method is completely null now?

15. masterz87

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    I don't know why it wouldn't work since the game save dumper doesn't require nintendo wifi to do it, itjust connects to your AP and then you have to be very particular with it and make sure that all work exactly as it should.

migles likes this.
  16. Hiccup

Hiccup GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2009
    Nintendo haven't switched of Wi-fi or internet capabilities of every Wii and DS console, they have just shut down the online play servers.

17. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    people don't know this doesnt use the internet at all, you only need a wlan connection to your computer (and of course configured)

18. Arithmatics

Arithmatics I'll be holding on to you. ;}

Jan 29, 2009
    Malaysia
    It doesn't work. To configure your AP you need to connect to Nintendo WFC to pass the "testing connection" phase.

I've tried it on my ds. Because it never passes this phase, the program doesn't detect it. It's literally nintendo saying sorry, no internet access for you ds lite.

As for Dsi on the other hand, since I don't have a compatible flashcart i'm reduced to my ds. :(

19. crimsonnight

crimsonnight GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2008
    Can you use DSaveManager on a 3DS? I have a DSTwo running on my 3DS and have set up DSM as per the included readme instructions (it tries to connect to the correct IP) but I end up with a 'Failed to connect!' - any ideas?

20. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

pip Contributor
    Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    Which tool (if any) will work alongside an EZFlash 3-in-1+? I have a SuperCard DSTwo and the 3-in-1+, but I can't get the NDS Backup Tool to recognize it.