Tutorial How to Change vWii System settings in WiiMode (via SettingsEditorGUI v1.6)

What setting change(s) worked for you?

• Burnin Reduction

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Setting Sound to "Surround" and Pro Logic II Not working still (not working response)

• Setting Sound to "mono"

• Total voters

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the Photo Channel? Can that be reinstalled?

Yes, it can be installed normally until 1.1v2; 1.1v3 requires that you patch the WAD (downloaded from NUS) and select IOS31 as base IOS instead of IOS61 (IOS13 and IOS31 are present in vWii, and they are used by all older Photo Channel versions [1.1v2 and olders], while IOS61 is not installed in vWii). You can do that by using CustomizeMii: tested and working.

Reactions: Oby

Kratozero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I will test this today with the Pro Logic II, my Decoder can detect the kind of audio signal the Wii U sends out, will report results later

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it can be installed normally until 1.1v2; 1.1v3 requires that you patch the WAD (downloaded from NUS) and select IOS31 as base IOS instead of IOS61 (IOS13 and IOS31 are present in vWii, and they are used by all older Photo Channel versions [1.1v2 and olders], while IOS61 is not installed in vWii). You can do that by using CustomizeMii: tested and working.
I installed the Photo Channel 1.1 using Dop-Mii and it works, but doesn't have SDHC support. Is there any danger in using WiiSCU?

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the Photo Channel 1.1 using Dop-Mii and it works, but doesn't have SDHC support. Is there any danger in using WiiSCU?

I don't know, but I read at wiibrew that WiiSCU also add/modify IOSes... you shouldn't use Wii IOSes under vWii. Anyway without the Channel Base IOS the Photo Channel 1.1v3 will not work so you have to repack it to use an installed vWii IOS like IOS31; older versions will work.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't use that. However, you could try using ShowMiiWads to make the Photo Channel v1.1 use IOS56 instead of 61. I'm not sure if it would work, but it's worth a shot.

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
00000001000000021.png

ConnectMii Channel Forwarder for vWii !

Works with the following paths:

SD :\apps\ConnectMii\boot.dol
SD :\apps\ConnectMii\boot.elf
SD :\apps\connectmii\boot.dol
SD :\apps\connectmii\boot.elf
=======================================================================

This is instead a ConnectMii Full Channel version (no need of boot.dol in \apps\ConnectMii) <-- packed the boot.dol directly inside the Channel.

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks all, appreciate the feedback; I will not use WiiSCU. What is ConnectMii? Google-fu has failed me :)

Edit - Found my answer in the Forwarders thread, great idea Joostin!

Kratozero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can confirm getting proper Pro Logic II sorround from all games including the ones that did not have thr option to set them so, why didn't Nintendo allow this?, why screw your own games like that?

Reactions: OriginalHamster

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
If anybody wants to use the forwarder channel for ConnectMii (or get information on it), then you will need to download the dol here:
ConnectMii

Btw, I was thinking about adding a new feature to SE GUI, although it might take me awhile. First I want to know if people would be interested. Would it be worth the effort to add the option for quick-restoration of settings. You could store settings in a config file on your SD/USB, then restore them with one click, so you don't have to change them individually each time you load the vWii?

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@JoostinOnline
That sounds like it would be useful, granted I'm only usually changing the sound output. I'm sure others would appreciate this.

Reactions: bezem

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would agree that settings restoration would defintely be useful, however using the ConnectMii channel has covered my needs in that arena. Thanks for that BTW :)

Reactions: JoostinOnline

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
00000001000000021.png

=======================================================================

This is instead a ConnectMii Full Channel version (no need of boot.dol in \apps\ConnectMii) <-- packed the boot.dol directly inside the Channel.

Can you upgrade the channel installer to use V1.1? I don't anticipate continued updates for this app and I prefer the channel to a Forwarder. Also, the previous channel installer is no longer available at the quoted link. Thanks!

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK, after i found out, that the WiiU is the last sh-....t cause nintendo saves few cent for not implementing any dolby/dts codec, so surround does not work for nealry all people (in test you hear 3 instead of 5 sounds)
i got surround in vWii running by the switch via settings editor..cause, the wiU must be set to stereo, not surround...to get it run

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
ConnectMii will no longer work as of June 28, 2013, because Nintendo is shutting down WC24. In light of this, I've decided to release a small update. It will still break after June 28, but until then you can enjoy a new feature. This allows you to exit directly to the channel of your choice by editing the meta.xml file. It's not much, but it will save you the need from selecting a channel each time.
ConnectMii v1.2
This is the line you need to edit:
Code:
<arg>id=ABCD</arg>
Change ABCD to the channel you would like to auto-load.
You can check the title ID's here.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to output 480p over HDMI in Wii mode. I can't stand the Wiiu upscaling, but I don't want to change cables.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o