Wii U semibricked after failed region change attempt

Zirowe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi, I wanted to change the region of mi USA wii u to EUR, so that I can change the language of the console to italian.
Console was softmodded with tiramisu, I have uninstalled everything and made a factory reset.
I follow Lazr's guide to the letter, but had some problems during the way.
I used my unpatched v1 switch to enter the recovery_menu, and followed everything the guide said, changed the product area from 2 to 4 and game region to 119.

Following the reboot I tried to do the update, but got an error code 105-3012, support information: 5.5.6U, WUP-001(02), GW100161731, HATC-0010-1375
Tried several times, same error.

Made another factory reset (maybe this was my mistake) and tried everything again from the start, but same error.
I changed back the product area to 2 for USA and wanted to try someting else, but since the wii u is stuck in the settings menu.
I can't exit it, every option in the setting menu works, except the pairing button, wich now does nothing (been able to pair the gamepad through the recovery_menu), and if I try exiting the settings menu, it just goes back.
If I try the update menu, it now gives me no error and says software is up to date.

What have I messed up and how can I get the wii u back to work again?
Also, is there a way to flash now the EUR fw?
Thanks!

Edit: ok, found the culprit: set coldboot, after setting it back to the menu everything was ok.

But the base problem remains: Lazr's guide did not work, how to change region from U to E?

Last edited by Zirowe,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?