Tutorial How to Change vWii System settings in WiiMode (via SettingsEditorGUI v1.6)

What setting change(s) worked for you?

• Burnin Reduction

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Setting Sound to "Surround" and Pro Logic II Not working still (not working response)

• Setting Sound to "mono"

• Total voters

driverdis

I am Justice
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sucks that Nintendo is getting rid of WC24. I thought it was really cool to download Mii's from the Check Mii Out channel and vote for stuff via the Everyone Votes channel.... all on my Wii U. this also means anything that relies on WC24 will cease to function also. what i plan to do is to download as many Mii's from the Check Mii Out channel as possible as the channel will no longer function after the change.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to output 480p over HDMI in Wii mode. I can't stand the Wiiu upscaling, but I don't want to change cables.
I think if you change it to 480p in Wii U mode, it should work.

Yes it does, and the Wii mode looks much better for it. But I'd like to keep Wii-u mode in 1080p. What I was asking specifically is if we can change the resoltuoin for vWii only. So I could leave Wii-u in 1080p and when I go to vWii it would swithch to 480p automatically.

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sucks that Nintendo is getting rid of WC24. I thought it was really cool to download Mii's from the Check Mii Out channel and vote for stuff via the Everyone Votes channel.... all on my Wii U. this also means anything that relies on WC24 will cease to function also. what i plan to do is to download as many Mii's from the Check Mii Out channel as possible as the channel will no longer function after the change.
You were able to get the Check Mii Out channel working on the Wii U? Whenever I installed it it would just freeze my vWii menu....

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes it does, and the Wii mode looks much better for it. But I'd like to keep Wii-u mode in 1080p. What I was asking specifically is if we can change the resoltuoin for vWii only. So I could leave Wii-u in 1080p and when I go to vWii it would swithch to 480p automatically.
You can't. Wii U settings is tied to vWii. Wii U doesn't apply any upscaling filter, so its upscaling is inferior compared to letting TV does it. When you set it to 480p, your TV does upscaling for you instead (which does apply some filters to smooth out the video).

Beside upscaling problems, you will also have problem with surround sound. Since Wii U does 5.1 LPCM with 4 channels muted, Wii games that do DD PLII doesn't work (surround sound compressed in stereo audio stream). But if you set Wii U to stereo mode, most Wii game doesn't use DD PLII at all.

tronic307

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't. Wii U settings is tied to vWii. Wii U doesn't apply any upscaling filter, so its upscaling is inferior compared to letting TV does it. When you set it to 480p, your TV does upscaling for you instead (which does apply some filters to smooth out the video).

Beside upscaling problems, you will also have problem with surround sound. Since Wii U does 5.1 LPCM with 4 channels muted, Wii games that do DD PLII doesn't work (surround sound compressed in stereo audio stream). But if you set Wii U to stereo mode, most Wii game doesn't use DD PLII at all.

I use a DVDO Edge scaler to switch from HDMI to optical audio to strip out the 4 dead channels with stereo content in Surround mode. I don't think it sounds much different than stereo mode decoded to Dolby PLII in vWii mode, though there is some surround activity. At least I don't have to switch to Stereo Mode on the Wii U to decode surround on stereo games (ALL Nintendo published Wii U games released to date).

Dimensio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to resurrect a long-dead discussion, but the Settings Editor GUI forwarder download link no longer works. Does anyone have a working link available? Thanks.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old topic I know but the only one that seemed to pop up in my searches.

Is there a way to turn on Wii Connect 24 on a vWii NAND dump. Some people I know say they have the Wii Speak Channel working but I need to have Wii Connect 24 turned on. If i was on a regular Wii i could do that in settings but i dont have that option in my Wii U's vWii. Plus, I'd rather not change anything to my real vWii NAND but was wondering if there was a way to do something to my emunand to turn it on. Then I could just boot up the channel through USB Loader GX and see if it actually works. Thanks.

Last edited by Clutz450,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night