Homebrew Homebrew Development

D

Deleted User

You can use romfs. There are many example on the forum. You need to use some commands in the makefile to build the romfs from a folder in your project. You also need to configure the cia build.

And remember that filemanes on the romfs are case sensitive.
Would you mind directing me to a sample?

mrvandal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wondering whats new and useful these days. I've upgraded to a9lh, running the latest versions of luma,luma updater,hb launcher,fbi,freshop,chmm,tiksweep and ftpd.

Puddies

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I want to create a cia file of my 3dsx, smdh and elf files, or out of my sources.

However, I need a rsf file to use makerom. How can I create such a rsf file?

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to create a cia file of my 3dsx, smdh and elf files, or out of my sources.

However, I need a rsf file to use makerom. How can I create such a rsf file?

If you're compiling from source, you should look into Steveice10's "buildtools" package. It streamlines the whole process and works across win/osx/linux.

Reactions: Puddies

GlydeFisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loooong time I didn't played with 3DS, I done a little 3DS file explorer (thank's to smea gist)

Control's:
-Key Up & key down move current menu position
-A Handle different event if its an directory, file or just is trying to go back
-B It goes to the previous path
I post the source code for if someone is interested on it:
https://mega.co.nz/#!tR1XhZwL!FHVm6TPD_Y39CM5epoAWEb0kXc_TrxPUuqHxnooVO0k
It would be cool list first directorys and after sort files by name but I'm too lazy for search/done algorythms xD
...well i want the 3dsx not the source code.. i dont even know how to install a source code.. i wish people would make things easier -_-

JFalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm wanting to upgrade to a larger SD card and was wondering if it's as simple as transferring files to the larger one? Wanting to upgrade to a 32GB card from a 16GB.

D

Deleted User

I'm wanting to upgrade to a larger SD card and was wondering if it's as simple as transferring files to the larger one? Wanting to upgrade to a 32GB card from a 16GB.

If you have A9LH installed, then it's just a simple transfer, no sweat. However, if you have an EmuNAND or RedNAND installed, you'll need to format the card first, then transfer your files.

randomdev

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, can anyone take a look at this code? It works on Citra but I get a red screen on my 3DS. I think pointers in Do_All() function make it crash because if I remove them it works.
Please note that I'm a newbie and I try to learn pointers!

Last edited by randomdev,
D

Deleted User

Hello, can anyone take a look at this code? It works on Citra but I get a red screen on my 3DS. I think pointers in Do_All() function make it crash because if I remove them it works.
Please note that I'm a newbie and I try to learn pointers!

Code:
if(ball->newBall()){
     delete ball; //trying to learn pointers
     ball = 0;
     ball = new Ball;
}

Not sure if you have to set ball to 0, try removing that?

Code:
if(ball->hasLost()){
     sftd_draw_text(mainFont, BOT_WIDTH/3, BOT_HEIGHT/2, RGBA8(0, 0, 0, 255), 15, "Lost!");
     sf2d_end_frame(); //crappy
     sf2d_swapbuffers(); //crappy
     delete ball;
     ball = 0;
     break;
}

Again, setting ball to 0, which I think is unnecessary. Also, try setting this after you call sf2d_swapbuffers() so you don't have to run it separately in the if statement.

Also, it looks like you're deleting the ball each time it's touched, which is a little inefficient, to be honest. Couldn't you just change the Ball classes m_color attribute each time instead of recreating the object?

Try fixing these issues and running it on the 3DS again. Cleaner code runs better; I once had an app that would keep crashing at random, but once I cleaned up the code, it would stop crashing. Hope this helps. :)

Reactions: randomdev

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In ball.hpp I think you should declare the parameter of the touchevent as

*touch

Instead of &touch

The second one gets the pointer of the touch struct when you call the function, but since you are passing a pointer you have to use * to declare it.

Sorry if I'm not very clear, I'm writing on my iPhone and I can't copy / past the relevant part of code

Reactions: randomdev

randomdev

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks guys! Now it works, it's stupid but... I have forgotten to remove a printf() (used to debug when using the console). Removing it resulted in a working homebrew! Also I removed the pointers and replaced them with a static object using a function to reset it and what you have recommended to me ^^

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone here want to possibly make a chapter for my homebrew dev guide/citro3d dev guide? This stuff is getting confusing and that's the only reason why I haven't been working on it.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got broadphase, dynamic trees, AABB, and raycasting implemented. Continuing to strengthen broadphase.

Anyone here want to possibly make a chapter for my homebrew dev guide/citro3d dev guide? This stuff is getting confusing and that's the only reason why I haven't been working on it.
You finally knew my pain...

Reactions: YugamiSekai

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really know where to ask this so I guess here's as good a place as any. It's been a pretty long time since I've updated my RetroArch emulators... have there been any substantial improvements to them in the last couple of months? The Vita version got a new UI, and I wondered if that carried over to the 3DS version.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't really know where to ask this so I guess here's as good a place as any. It's been a pretty long time since I've updated my RetroArch emulators... have there been any substantial improvements to them in the last couple of months? The Vita version got a new UI, and I wondered if that carried over to the 3DS version.
This is definitely the wrong thread, and the Retroarch thread is definitely the right one, but... no not yet, new builds are still basically broken, so keep using the old stable versions for now. However one or more of the main devs finally possess a damn 3DS now, so good things will be coming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: