Help with my first time adding a game patch, Dragon Quest 8

M97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've just added all proper homebrew stuff on my 3DS and I need help with the fan made mods that Restores Orchestral music and the Uncensored mods for DQ8.
These two:
Orchestral mod
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-dragon-quest-viii-8-restoration-project.451932/

I'm completely new to this so I need assistance.
Also the Uncensored mod was made for JPN/EU but not US but apparently I can "change file names" or something to make it work for US but I have no idea what to change it into.

Thanks.

M97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AFAIK, that's all for that patch. Is it not working?
I mean, you tell me? XD

How is it suppose to work? I have no idea what to do with the game patches. Where do I put them? And what to do with the JPN/EU problem?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, just checked. you don't even need the external modules option enabled. just place both folders on the root of your sd card. luma is an ntr cfw, so it should work just by doing that.

M97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alright, just checked. you don't even need the external modules option enabled. just place both folders on the root of your sd card. luma is an ntr cfw, so it should work just by doing that.
Which two folders are you talking about?

The Orchestral patch has two folders named:
000400000018F100
000400000018F200

The Uncensored patch has two folders named:
000400000015CD00
000400000018F200

Also the Uncensored patch has a folder named:
dq8res

And apparently the Uncensored patch will not work unless I change something with the files since it's JPN/EU (not sure if it's one or both) and I need to change it into US (according to someone on the forum post).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try changing the title id (the folder name) to the US version's. I just figured this out by running some tests on my system with maple 3ds translation patch. put those title id folders in a folder named plugin on the root, put dq9res on the root. also, put this file, then use boot ntr selector https://github.com/Nanquitas/BootNTR/releases , you'll also have to use this version of luma https://github.com/Nanquitas/Luma3DS/releases I just did this real quick on my maple story translation patch, and it booted 1.3. it's 1.1 without anything, so it must've already been patched.

Attachments

• ntr.zip
    107.5 KB · Views: 90

M97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
try changing the title id (the folder name) to the US version's. I just figured this out by running some tests on my system with maple 3ds translation patch. put those title id folders in a folder named plugin on the root, put dq9res on the root. also, put this file, then use boot ntr selector https://github.com/Nanquitas/BootNTR/releases , you'll also have to use this version of luma https://github.com/Nanquitas/Luma3DS/releases I just did this real quick on my maple story translation patch, and it booted 1.3. it's 1.1 without anything, so it must've already been patched.
Okay first things first
What are the new id folder names for the US version? Is there a way to know?
Also does dq9res also need this type of change?

I installed this version of Luma3DS already
https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v10.2.1
Do I need to install your version? If so how do I go about installing the new version?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know the title id of the US version. You will the version in my post or the 3ds will crash. dqres shouldn't need any changes.

M97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know the title id of the US version.
Is there a way of knowing?

You will the version in my post or the 3ds will crash.
Ok so with this new Luma version does anything significant change when using it compared to the other one?
Also there's already the other Luma installed on my system memory what then? Do I need to get rid of it, if so how?
Also do I need to go though the same process of using Pokémon Picross again?

M97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

M97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried that method with maple story. the version did not change. it only changed with boot ntr selector.
I looked up, not sure if it will work.

So apparently the ID for US is "000400000018F100" and I just need to change the file name.

Also:
From User: DarkSynopsis

Should just be a matter of taking the "data" folder from the "dq8res" folder and placing it into "luma/titles/000400000018F100/romfs"
Which means as stated I should basically do this and in the "romfs" folder I should see the "data" folder and "layeredfs.plg" file from the Uncensored patch and the "rom" folder from the Orchestral patch.

Apparently this should work. Can't confirm yet.

Reactions: Gehrschrein

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried that with the maple story patch. put the files/folders of the game in titles/title id/romfs and the plugin itself is in titles/title id. it did work with maple story when I did that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.