Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
For USB-Host, should you use a dedicated USB drive or any USB drive is okay as long as there are no unrelated files saved in "hakchi/games/"?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Anybody else having trouble updating with the web installer?
Opening the app doesn't trigger an update either.

santamanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For USB-Host, should you use a dedicated USB drive or any USB drive is okay as long as there are no unrelated files saved in "hakchi/games/"?
The console will only care about the hakchi folder and what's inside that. You could do whatever you like with the rest of the stick. You could have different test setups on one drive, just rename the one to hakchi that you want to have booted. Also the 1st partition will be read exclusively.

Last edited by santamanga,
Reactions: maande80

Higgy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

On my NESC I was playing SNES Demon Crest and the music/sound is bad.
Playing the same game on my OUYA the sound is much better?
I think I am using KMFDManic Cores from End October/November using a dual_core as I am trying NESC/SNEC Dual Boot.

Is the sound good for other people? And what Core are they using. Thanks.

Smitchell6879

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE 12-2-17

As usual, thanks to madmonkey, DanTheMan827, and Melthris, for their assistance in making my Updates so awesome!

USB-HOST Updated, so that you can now change the Splash Screen. Briefly, within hakchi directory, throw a 1280x720 resolution .png file, named boot.png It will be loaded upon boot-up! Deleting boot.png, will make it revert to original madmonkey knock-knock splash screen:) I also included DanTheMan's amazing Font Overmount, which will help with both NESC/SNESC! Make this path, hakchi/fonts Anything thrown into the fonts folder will be auto-loaded, upon boot! I included 2 sample font sets within Extras & Dependencies Folder, in Fonts Folder! I updated FBA 2016, Mednafen PCE-Fast, Mednafen PC-FX, Mednafen SuperGrafx, Fuse, MAME 2003 (Williams Game Speedhack Fix; thanks gamez-fan & twinaphex), & MAME 2010 (Turbo-Fire Core Option; Thanks wonder199999 & twinaphex!) In order to use USB-HOST on NESC, you will need to make hakchi/saves folder, and have fontfix or dtm_font_overmount installed! Some are having mixed results, due to various factors. I will put together another Video Tutorial, specifically for the NES Classic, soon! Good luck, in the meantime! Here is the video of Splash Screen Change, Font Change, and Inode Index Breaking with 10,000+ Games, in action:) I also briefly show how to change between multiple discs with the PSX Emulator! It is a truly trivial thing:) In any case, Enjoy Today's Update!!!!

**SNES Classic - 10,000+ Game Test (USB-HOST) + Change Splash Screen +Change Fonts

And, of course the Update:) https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

Not sure the cause but after updating to the new usb mod I get a c2 error everytime I boot to with usb inserted, also adding a boot.png to the root of hakchi folder does nothing for me...it will work however if I go into the mod/hakchi/rootfs/etc/ and add my boot.png there.

also now when switching folders/ or launching games from the usb I get a c2 error everytime with usb inserted, launching games I also get a c3 error. Everyhting still works but all the error messeges are less then appealing.

hopeful someone else can create these problems I am sure it is something dumb that is being missed where it is by me or a typo somewhere, but if you have any advice I will more then glad to give it a try.

Last edited by Smitchell6879,

iDaw_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys
i need some help

i have a message when a go to flash kermel : "can't unpack ramdisk "

And I can't to make nothing more I am blocked has this step

I had this message having run hakchi-gui-win32(official)(12-1-17) for USB HOST.

Help me please

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi guys
i need some help

i have a message when a go to flash kermel : "can't unpack ramdisk "

And I can't to make nothing more I am blocked has this step

I had this message having run hakchi-gui-win32(official)(12-1-17) for USB HOST.

Help me please
Kernel -> Uninstall
Kernel -> Flash original kernel

Try that.

rednal

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Cluster , I've tried many times, but the problem persists: original Classic Controller Pro doesn't work here.
Is it possible to be a fake one??? Please, check the picture.
Weird thing, because the controller is working fine, just right now, on my Wii... :blink:
Sorry to interrupt the current discussions, but I found these posts from 20 March (page 401, using Google) and I seem to have a very similar problem right now... I signed in on this forum to PM him, but it seems that someone needs at least 10 posts on the forum to be able to send PM's... Can someone PM him for me (I guess I'm able to receive PM's at least) or is there a thread which can be spammed ten times? :P

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting my hakchi ready for christmas and found something odd. I got a notice like this..."Oops. It seems like (game) will not work correctly with the original emulator. Do you want to use a 3rd party emulator ?"

What does this mean exactly ? Will the game not run at all ?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**UPDATE 12-4-17

Today is one truly Kickass Update:) You will now have ability to Transfer Saves to and from NAND & USB (Thanks to DanTheMan827!!!). In Advanced Users Folder (Saves). Due to so many requests, I put together a video as well as a nifty script (Extras & Dependencies Folder; Ripping Tools) to auto-convert Sega-CD & Turbografx-CD Games for use on the NESC/SNESC:) This video shows the old way of doing it, as well as my preferred method of doing it, for your perusal!

**SNES Classic - EASY SEGA-CD & TURBOGRAFX-CD:)

The hard work and patience and perseverance of madmonkey & skogaby, also nets us this excellent Tutorial Guide on HOW to add a Micro-SD Card for use with the SNES Classic!

https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNESmo...ide_release_how_to_add_a_microsd_card_to_the/

I also Updated MAME 2003 (Knuckle Bash 2 & Williams Sound; Thanks gamez-fan & twinaphex!), RetroArch (Fceumm -Compile Fixes; Thanks bparker06!), VirtualJaguar (makefile targets; Thanks bparker06!), Mr. Boom (general fixes; Thanks frranck!) , Mednafen Supergrafx (aspect ratio & other fixes; Thanks hizzlekizzle, retro-wertz, & twinaphex!), as well as as an Updated dtm Font Overmount NES Bug Fixed Version:) Enjoy Today's Update!

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://imgur.com/k6cCM98

boot splash

Seems like you didnt properly Update. The change is very insignificant to hakchi1, itself.

Not sure the cause but after updating to the new usb mod I get a c2 error everytime I boot to with usb inserted, also adding a boot.png to the root of hakchi folder does nothing for me...it will work however if I go into the mod/hakchi/rootfs/etc/ and add my boot.png there.

also now when switching folders/ or launching games from the usb I get a c2 error everytime with usb inserted, launching games I also get a c3 error. Everyhting still works but all the error messeges are less then appealing.

hopeful someone else can create these problems I am sure it is something dumb that is being missed where it is by me or a typo somewhere, but if you have any advice I will more then glad to give it a try.

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few more working preset IDs:

As I was making my 10th (!) pass through my soon-to-be-published US ROM compatibility list, I confirmed the following presets solve issues in these five games (US No-Intro ROMs were tested):

Brainies, The - 0xEF10 (fixes high-pitched sound)

Chester Cheetah: Wild Wild Quest - 0x9C10 (fixes black screen on start)

Home Alone - 0x9C10 (fixes black screen after credits when going in-game)

SimCity 2000 - 0xEF10 (fixes various sound glitches)

Spectre - 0xEF10 (fixes missing sound effects)

Smitchell6879

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

it was one of 2 things, I ended up doing a complete uninstall and reflashed the original kernel, then re installed hakchi.

from there I was still getting the c2 error and c3 only showed once, so I removed the boot image as that was the only real thing that I had changed and in the end that was the cause.

So for anyone else beware of the boot.png size keep it at a max of 100-120kb... once I got the image compressed with PNGoo.0.1.1 with 16 bit color it works perfectly.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was one of 2 things, I ended up doing a complete uninstall and reflashed the original kernel, then re installed hakchi.

from there I was still getting the c2 error and c3 only showed once, so I removed the boot image as that was the only real thing that I had changed and in the end that was the cause.

So for anyone else beware of the boot.png size keep it at a max of 100-120kb... once I got the image compressed with PNGoo.0.1.1 with 16 bit color it works perfectly.

I always reduce art, etc., file sizes, as is. I will note this warning in my next Update, to be on the safe side.

Note, you do not need to flash original kernel after uninstalling via hakchi2.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

With USB-Host, how do you change disc in multiple-disk games such as Final Fantasy VIII on PSX?

RetroArch, Settings, Disc Control, Disc Append, Choose the disc.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah, okay.

I would like to understand why special characters in filenames don't work using usb. Anyone knows?

You may not have noticed this. But, hakchi2 has been already removing special characters automatically when adding files, externally, only though...if compressed. It also removed the characters from uncompressed additions. But, special characters inside the files are what cause conflicts in some on USB-HOST. We can probably arrive at a suitable solution to counteract this little nuisance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.