Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tried sending pm but dumb me can't seem to figure out how but I would be interested in testing this. I am interested in how you created the image as I have disabled the current boot splash but have yet to figure out how to edit it.
Ill send the PM later once I get it working. For now it will just be recycled password.hmod code because my code always breaks something :/
You can use the thread I made to convert .png images to .raw that can be used with the classic systems
I should mention the images must be 1280x720 (S/NES Mini's Resolution)
http://gbatemp.net/threads/converting-png-to-raw-for-use-with-s-nes-classic.490497/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just something for you all to know, the newest windows 10 update will BREAK the driver needed to detect the S/NES mini. Im probably gonna try downgrading my PC now... yay

Reactions: santamanga

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just managed to get static images loading from the terminal without them disappearing after 1 frame.
This can only be run through the home menu.

Can be done by using the following commands in order:
killall ReedPlayer-Clover
gunzip -c (path to .raw.gz image file) > /dev/fb0

ReedPlayer-Clover is the home menu name

Type clover-ui to get back to the home menu (or power off the system using commands or power button)

Last edited by Mnecraft368,

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes 8 bitdo retro receiver on v1.08 beta firmware.
when not someone can rewrite the firmware or 8bitdo do it is there no way.
the speedlink xeox wireless has a usb Dongle ( for the wireless function and it is for PS3 and PC) and i put it in a usb port of the usb cable.
and with that i can use it without the retroreciever.
but that only works with retroarch.

canoe and the mini snes system ignore it

Last edited by Liriel,

Smitchell6879

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone here is good at programming with the S/NES (or linux in general) Please PM me as I am struggling to fix some code. Thanks!

I am not going to say I am good by any means I really don't know a lot at all but I am willing to help. Expecially if we are after the same goal. Pm me for some reason I still can't pm you.

ArcNoculus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had success getting USB support working on an NES Classic? I have been following the steps that have worked for others for the SNESC, but they are not working for me on the NES.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Has anyone had success getting USB support working on an NES Classic? I have been following the steps that have worked for others for the SNESC, but they are not working for me on the NES.
Same here, I followed the steps but can’t pass the boot screen. I also have a SNES, followed the exact same steps and it did work... I am also using the same USB drive to test both systems out. I tried several times so far and am about to give up till I have my new USB drive tomorrow.

Reactions: artemus3

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there is a fontfix mod that is mandatory to be installed as well that's in KMDFManic's extras/advanced users folder. That's a guess though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153