Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only the flashing effect from the cannon shot and when Elliot slaps you, it's toned down. Other than that, no other filtering.

Maybe we should have another thread specifically discussing the core roms, any changes, and how they 'function' as in Canoe is reading them/running them? To try to figure out why this hires mode works in core games, but not necessarily in external dumped roms from carts.

Maybe it can lead to opening up compatibility to even more games if we can figure out why they function differently than other roms. We might discovery some 'patches' that might be modified to work with other games, that will add compatibility, or fix the same games (from external roms) so they run correctly, but without the epilepsy patches, or any other censorship.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe we should have another thread specifically discussing the core roms, any changes, and how they 'function' as in Canoe is reading them/running them? To try to figure out why this hires mode works in core games, but not necessarily in external dumped roms from carts.

Maybe it can lead to opening up compatibility to even more games if we can figure out why they function differently than other roms. We might discovery some 'patches' that might be modified to work with other games, that will add compatibility, or fix the same games (from external roms) so they run correctly, but without the epilepsy patches, or any other censorship.

I'd like to know that myself, it's really baffling to me.

Reactions: Baggins

njaynl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry i keep harassing this thread... but i can't seem to find a solution for the one issue i am having and that is using save states in retroarch after a power down and power up :) , the file is there but when first loading rock and roll racing then trying to select the save state on slot 1 does nothing.. the game continues to a new screen when pressing the A button so is that the case than? button mismatch?

Silvor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Somebody over on reddit has been trying to figure out the high resolution problem.
https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNESmo...to_work_on_canoe_with_custom_secret/?sort=new

tqhoang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever get anywhere with this?

Nah...I chickened out since I couldn't nanddump any of the /dev/nand[abcd] devices. It seems odd that there weren't any MTD devices found either (/dev/mtd#). I think the only way to do it would be to clone/overmount the entire /usr/bin folder and update the canoe-shvc binary.

What I was hoping to do was manually rebuild the SquashFS and then do a simple nandwrite.

Doublemeat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Use MAME 2003, and /bin/mame2003 You are likely on rom sets for older arcade games.

Hey KMFDManiac. Is there a tutorial how to add mame emulator/roms to minisnes? I would like to add Cadillacs& Dinosaurs, Punisher and some other amazing classics! (If they really work?) Thanks!

8bit4life

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is any one interested i did this for NES.... now I did it for SNES ARTWORK for the folders....

sample_snes_classic_art_folderr1.png

the_gamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am having an issue with Battletoads in Battlemaniacs. I made a thread but it was deleted. Does anybody know why?
Try to beat the first level and beat the enemys with punches while jumping. Very often those punches get "buffered", the toad does not punch while in midair but after landing.
This does not happen on a real snes but on canoe. Does anybody know why or have the same issue?

fayce54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

ViewtifulStranger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this has been answered, couldn't find anything but will Hakchi2 work with an EU version of SNES Mini?

Yes, lots of people have confirmed successfully installing Hakchi2 on their EU SNES Minis, in this thread.

Note that Canoe (the built in emulator) is based on a US NTSC SNES, so if PAL ROMs have region protection enabled, they won't play. There's a link containing a list of PAL only ROMs and information on how to remove protection and also convert them to NTSC as well, so they run at 60hz. I would post the link, but can't as it's flagged as spam...

Reactions: spyder918

8bit4life

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to those that don't know how to customize the art.. place the artwork in the hakchi2 folder called "folder_images". once you have all your games loaded, tick the settings, followed by :"PAGES/folder structure" followed by "Custom - show folders manager every time". once thats clicked you will be brought to the next screen with all the folders just click on MENU Icon, you should be able to easy find the letter .png artwork if you placed it in the proper folder... Enjoy!

instructions_1.png
instructions_2.png

Reactions: FreePlayFlorida

darex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

That would be nice. I also waiting to enable the hi res mode on secret of mana 1. I prefer the german version of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto