Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@DjoeN ,yep,i have also several copiers from the past,sometimes i use it,but mostly i play with sd2snes,is there maybe a chance ikari can implement sa1 and sfx,maybe they can learn from the mini snes and anylyze the emu how sfx and sa1 works.

magicnono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a problem with 2.21b (2.0.21.32) that I don't have with old version 2.20 : 'Overlay Display' is always ON.

I put 'Overlay Display' OFF, save retroarch.cfg but when I exit game and relaunch it, 'Overlay Display' is always ON !!!

I just realized that problem is not hakchi2 2.21b but retroarch 0.9c.
I replaced retroarch 0.9c by old version 0.8 and all is OK now.

Fire-WSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DjoeN I play with sd2snes,is there maybe a chance ikari can implement sa1 and sfx,maybe they can learn from the mini snes and anylyze the emu how sfx and sa1 works.

There is nothing to learn from the SNES Mini Classic.
SA1 and GSU 1&2 are already fully emulated aswell as the other Special Chips for the SNES.
Nintendos own emulator canoe is also inferior compared to emulators like BSNES.
I dont know if its is possible to add SA1 and SFX to the sd2snes.
They also need to be emulated or simulated so that requires extra power. I dont know if the sd2snes can provide that.
Most of the other chips like DSP or SDD-1 are just for math operations or decompression. This can be archived easier.

djkav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys i`m new here and struggling. Trying to get a game to work (outrun arcade version by sega) can someone confirm what i need to get this working please. mame ? fba?

Hi. I installed this and used FBA to run it. Download and install the retroarch and cores zip to Hakchi (if not already done so).
Then I just dragged the Outrun .ZIP into Hakchi and added ad archive.
Click on the game in Hakchi and on the left side, go to command line and change the start of the line to /bin/fba ...

It worked, but the sound was a breaking up, and still need to remap steering controls, as the d-pad didn't work. So I think I'll try Mame2003 or Mame2010.

RetrogamerX

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting a C8 error when I turn off console. I have to turn it back on and then off again every time to properly shut down? Why is it doing this? I'm using the newestv2.21b (internal version 2.0.21.32) version

Cheers

Last edited by RetrogamerX,

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the limit for folders.. I am seeing a lot of mixed answers and I 2 have the c8 issue with less then 80 games...is the a recommend or max number of game per folder that will keep us in the clean to be error free?
Usually you don't want to go over 60. Some people have reported having over 100 and not having any issue. But 60 seems to be the usual cutoff that fixes the problem. Back when the NES Classic came out I think Cluster recommended nothing over 30.

Reactions: Smitchell6879

RetrogamerX

Trophies
XP
Country
I have 90 games on the snes mini and have 214mb left.

Can only hope cluster can fix the issue with having all 100 games in one folder.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Someone should write a decent windows 7/10 snestool to edit headers/convert format/convert ntsc<->pal and vica versa/ etc...

[EDIT]
I know there's SFC/SNES Rom Utility, but it has less options then snestool
(Yes, most don't need all the extra, but i still use a copier :) on my snes)

snestool.png
Well, here is quick step-by-step guide for the NTSC/PAL stuff using SNESTool.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 90 games on the snes mini and have 214mb left.

Can only hope cluster can fix the issue with having all 100 games in one folder.
I think It's more a limitation on the SNES Classic hardware than Hakchi. He's already added more compression in this 2.20 release so this may be the best we get.

RetrogamerX

Trophies
XP
Country
I think It's more a limitation on the SNES Classic hardware than Hakchi. He's already added more compression in this 2.20 release so this may be the best we get.

If it is. That's ok. I just have to remember to go back to ogininal games before turning off. Thanks for the info PPlays:)

RetroVortex

Trophies
XP
Country
That's impressive man, awesome.

Well after compressing some more images with Pngyu I saved another 7mb space. It's 192.7mb out of 237mb available after enabling the option to move savestates to the extra partition. (50mb for saves alone is plenty for a few games at a time)
I manually sorted them into folders up to 30 too. So I have no issues with them at all. Added my own custom overlay that's the speaker overlay with scanlines. (I posted earlier about how to do it) so it all looks pretty consistent 4:3 with scanlines.

30 GB/GBC games
54 MD/Gen games
78 NES games
38 TG-16/PCE games
133 SNES games including the originals.

So yeah. 333 games in 192mb. With some space to spare.

Last edited by RetroVortex,
Reactions: artemus3

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is. That's ok. I just have to remember to go back to ogininal games before turning off. Thanks for the info PPlays:)
No problem!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well after compressing some more images with Pngyu I saved another 7mb space. It's 192.7mb with 237mb left after enabling the option to move savestates to the extra partition. (50mb for saves alone is plenty for a few games at a time)
I manually sorted them into folders up to 30 too. So I have no issues with them at all. Added my own custom overlay that's the speaker overlay with scanlines. (I posted earlier about how to do it) so it all looks pretty consistent 4:3 with scanlines.

30 GB/GBC games
54 MD/Gen games
78 NES games
38 TG-16/PCE games
133 SNES games including the originals.

So yeah. 333 games in 192mb. With some space to spare.
And everything runs well? That's great man. I added a Gameboy overlay that I'm really proud of lol.

Salvo85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Usually you don't want to go over 60. Some people have reported having over 100 and not having any issue. But 60 seems to be the usual cutoff that fixes the problem. Back when the NES Classic came out I think Cluster recommended nothing over 30.
The nes mini homescreen can handle 244 images (covers, mini covers, screensaver images, savestates screenshots). So, 30 games is the recommended number if you want 4 saves for each game.
On snes mini I don't know if the limit is the same or not. You can put more than 30 games in a folder, but savestate screenshots will cause c8 errors sooner or later

Reactions: chillmodious

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto