Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Salvo85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
On the nes mini, the suggested limit of games in each folder was 30.
Is it the same on snes? Or 20 now?
Thanks

Bloodgoyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
game-genre.png

here are nice Folder Icons to use

Reactions: HillaryClinton

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
to see on the little cover around 30.
60 games without folder are working.
with more then 60 withou folder there is then a C8 error when you shut it down

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I want to create database of non-working games to enable RetroArch automatically. Who is author of Google Spreadsheet "Super NES Classic Edition ROM Compatibility List"? I need roms or headers of those games.
Also it's good to create patch collection and bundle hakchi2 with those patches. I need your help.

I've tested a number of ROM hacks that I found didn't work if this is information you'd like.

Reactions: Sheepdog39

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But will it be possible to remove it from the 21? I'd hate to have to 'double' up roms.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The biggest issue I think is rewind feature is part of Canoe? So it can't be incorporated into Retroarch? Retroarch has rewind features of its own, but I think only in 1.54 or 1.55 versions...

There maybe a 1.54 or 1.55 core for ARM based Retroarch cores but it only functions well enough on Pi3 and I doubt anyone has tested on the NES or SNES mini? The main issue is that Pi3 is an A53 1.2 ghz, and SNES/NES minis use A9s IIRC (at 1 ghz).

https://www.reddit.com/r/RetroPie/comments/6pbnlv/reminder_optional_core_lrsnes9x_now_plays_nearly/

https://github.com/snes9xgit/snes9x/blob/master/docs/changes.txt

I don't know, a simple anti-seizure filter removal would suffice.

Well, I created some database with problem games: https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/blob/stable/Apps/SnesGame.cs

View attachment 102188

Also added many NTSC->PAL patches: https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/tree/stable/patches

LoROM/HiROM detection is better now, so compatibility will be better.

Will work on Game Genie for SNES soon.

Sweet! Nice work, keep it up ^_^ @pcm720 I believe Cluster needs some info about problematic ROMs as you started that spreadsheet, correct?

Last edited by the_randomizer,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It lets you change the menu music to whatever you want.

Ah, okay, I wonder if there can ever be a way to have an option to force the resolution to "stretch" somewhat, not the entire screen, but so the bottom and top of the game's screen can fill the edges. Is there a way to update to this particular build of Hackchi without being required to start from scratch? I did make a kernel dump with 2.20 (internal 2.0.20.14), but now that 2.20 (2.0.20.15) is out, can I simply restore the .14 dump on .15 software and flash it?

Last edited by the_randomizer,

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, okay, I wonder if there can ever be a way to have an option to force the resolution to "stretch" somewhat, not the entire screen, but so the bottom and top of the game's screen can fill the edges. Is there a way to update to this particular build of Hackchi without being required to start from scratch? I did make a kernel dump with 2.20 (internal 2.0.20.14), but now that 2.20 (2.0.20.15) is out, can I simply restore the .14 dump on .15 software and flash it?
With retroarch yeah but I don't really know with the native emulator.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With retroarch yeah but I don't really know with the native emulator.

And the other part of the question? How can I update between internal versions as opposed to full versions? The recent build still says 2.20, but the internal version ends i .15 and not .14 and has those changes. I think. The GitHub pages says to simply "uninstall" then flash a custom kernel? I'm confused. This means we have to start over again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P