Rev2k7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just one question...

Can one (or more) game be changed from nand dump?

I wish to have some stock games in their patched versions (secret of mana, Mario rpg, StarWing, StarWing 2, Final Fantasy VI). All of them are same size as the original.

Yeah, I changed SMW to + all stars ff3 to ff6 and EB to uncensor.

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Re: Wii VC header/footer formats - are we going about this all wrong?

The Wii U "injection" community has been at this for years - and the following table illustrates their success level:

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_Snes_injection

Going from that, it follows that if we simply look at the header/footer data from the "source" VC titles they are injecting into, we should at the very least be able to determine "working" values on a per-title basis, if not actually "crack the code" and determine the *real* pattern to the values that work and create a true, works-every-time solution.

Reactions: the_gamer

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man... at this point I'd love to see this thread locked temporarily, just to encourage all the people spamping the page to go and make a new unofficial hakchi2/manual hacking thread.

Call it a Hackchi 'fork" because that's really what it is... sorta....

DNA64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man... at this point I'd love to see this thread locked temporarily, just to encourage all the people spamping the page to go and make a new unofficial hakchi2/manual hacking thread.
Good Suggestion, and Done!

Everyone interested in Unofficial Hakchi2 / Manual Hacking of their SNES Classic Mini please continue the discussion at the new thread so we don't spam this one with all these irrelevant posts!
https://gbatemp.net/threads/unofficial-hakchi2-manual-hacking-thread.485977/

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Liriel Last night I had a special hackchi2, where I just had to put the folders of the games, look at the photo:

6EzyNzU.jpg

I did exactly the same with 10, creating folders with different names, maximum 5 characters, 2 photos, editing the desktop file, everything ...... I put it along with the other game folders. I execute hackchi2, it recognizes all the games, I select them, I transfer them to the console, sending the console in game mode and they are not.

mmmhmmh when i understand it right you manipulate it in the hakchi archive and the transfer

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so that how look secret of mana 2 because it was ask how blurred the game look

Attachments

• DSC04188.jpg
    DSC04188.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 394
  • DSC04189.jpg
    DSC04189.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 432
  • DSC04190.jpg
    DSC04190.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 390

electron22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the icon now, and I put the files besides the ones listed into the file system, I now have the RetroArch icon on the list of games, but when I start it, it just goes black then boots back to the home menu.
I installed retroarch and after this there is a delay before the snes mini menu shows up... firts it comes music and menu after,,,
is it a known problem?

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I installed retroarch and after this there is a delay before the snes mini menu shows up... firts it comes music and menu after,,,
is it a known problem?

I have this problem on my Mini NES. It takes a while to turn on, and if it's on, it sounds like that the music has already been on for a few seconds, i just don't see anything.

vebririon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Any one already tried to play mystic quest ?

I had it working but the sound is pretty weird

Every 4-5 seconds, sound drop and kill 1 second of the music loop

It doesn’t matter which music is played, the main title screen, the battle music, map music etcetc.

Is there a way to fix that ?

That’s THE game I wanted to add, but having that music bug makes me so sad :/

No one got an idea guys ?

i've tested with a USA version of that game, and i dont have any audio problems, it works correctly

doest it means that 50htz pal games are getting "powered up" to 60 htz, wich make some roms beeing not fully working ?

I made a video to let you compare what i'm saying

first one got the sound problem, second one is okay

I hope someone will be able to help me playing the french original game with ok sound instead of us english one :/

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No one got an idea guys ?

i've tested with a USA version of that game, and i dont have any audio problems, it works correctly

doest it means that 50htz pal games are getting "powered up" to 60 htz, wich make some roms beeing not fully working ?

I made a video to let you compare what i'm saying

first one got the sound problem, second one is okay

I hope someone will be able to help me playing the french original game with ok sound instead of us english one :/

then us the europe version and make a ntsc patch on it

so cover are now right
DSC04191.jpg

a question for the 7zip packing!
reduce it the grafik quality or loading time?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mmmhmmh when i understand it right you manipulate it in the hakchi archive and the transfer

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so that how look secret of mana 2 because it was ask how blurred the game look

Seiken Densetsu is using pseudo hi-res Mode 7 to double the Snes resolution from 256 x 244 to 512 x 488 (or 512 x 244), and the emulator may not support it fully. Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Jurassic Park also make use of the dynamic resolution, but not as heavily as SD3. SD3 uses it for the VWF or variable-width font.

damianoslebo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to create directories successfully in my snes mini if anyone needs help.
1.) Create folder resource (Like a game folder) label it something like CLV-P-S00001. Should contain a .desktop, a .png for the folder img you want, and a .png for the small image. This folder resource should go in your usr/share/games.

2.)Edit the .desktop file and in the Exec line change the normal emulator exec line to "chmenu XXX", where XXX is the folder you want to link to.

3.)In the usr/share/games folder create a subfolder to hold all your games labeled the XXX from above. Place all your excess titles in this folder as before.

4.)Create an additional folder path back to the original usr/games/share folder in the usr/games/share/XXX folder you just created following steps 1 and 2.

5.)Edit the "chmenu" script to:
-Remove lines 27-29
-Remove line 34
-Replace line 37 with /etc/init.d/S81clover-mcp start

vebririon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
then us the europe version and make a ntsc patch on it

so cover are now right
View attachment 101559

a question for the 7zip packing!
reduce it the grafik quality or loading time?

massive thanks i didnt knew there were ntsc patch to apply on certain roms !

BTW, how do you get those cover to match other one size ?

edit : i used this unheadered one on french version and it's working, thanks a lot !!!

Last edited by vebririon,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to create directories successfully in my snes mini if anyone needs help.
1.) Create folder resource (Like a game folder) label it something like CLV-P-S00001. Should contain a .desktop, a .png for the folder img you want, and a .png for the small image. This folder resource should go in your usr/share/games.

2.)Edit the .desktop file and in the Exec line change the normal emulator exec line to "chmenu XXX", where XXX is the folder you want to link to.

3.)In the usr/share/games folder create a subfolder to hold all your games labeled the XXX from above. Place all your excess titles in this folder as before.

4.)Create an additional folder path back to the original usr/games/share folder in the usr/games/share/XXX folder you just created following steps 1 and 2.

-Remove lines 27-29
-Remove line 34

Does this affect the 21 games already on it, like, do they still show up?

Kumoashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

-Remove lines 27-29
-Remove line 34
Please post things like this on the new Unofficial Hakchi2 thread.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/unofficial-hakchi2-manual-hacking-thread.485977/

damianoslebo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

-Remove lines 27-29
-Remove line 34
chmenu is located in: "var/lib/hakchi/rootfs/bin"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto