Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, as of now there's no integration with SNES Mini shell, so no savestates and everything else that depends on that.

To get RetroArch running on SNES Mini (without shell integration), you can get the contents of retroarch.hmod, and FTP every file to its respective directory except these files:
/bin/nes
/bin/retroarch-clover
/etc/preinit.d/pe9af_retroarch
/usr/bin/clover-kachikachi
install
readme

After that, get the CloverApp and change the paths in CLV-Z-RARCH.desktop.

If you need complete integration, wait until we figure out canoe-shvc compatibility and all this header stuff.
Can I ask where or how to get the contents of retroarch.hmod (all i can find is the .hmod and cloverapp files)

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Can I ask where or how to get the contents of retroarch.hmod (all i can find is the .hmod and cloverapp files)
So, a hmod is a tar.gz file so you can jut take the hmod file, and change the extension to .tar.gz and it'll work like a normal archive.

Reactions: pcm720

Kasios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Because you probably changed gamepath to /usr/share/games and the .desktop you made is formatted incorrectly.

@Liriel Last night I had a special hackchi2, where I just had to put the folders of the games, look at the photo:

6EzyNzU.jpg

I did exactly the same with 10, creating folders with different names, maximum 5 characters, 2 photos, editing the desktop file, everything ...... I put it along with the other game folders. I execute hackchi2, it recognizes all the games, I select them, I transfer them to the console, sending the console in game mode and they are not.

Rev2k7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you use my ver you do not need to edit gamepaths at all. Start out clean and reflash to stock and back. Then sync games. Try re adding games within the UI.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that's right, I totally forgot.
You need to make retroarch and retroarch-mini executable.

Login to SNES Mini using Telnet and run "chmod +x /bin/retroarch" and "chmod +x /bin/retroarch-mini"

Hmm telnet tells me -sh: "chmod +x /bin/retroarch" not found (retroarch and retroarch-mini are in /bin though)

UPDATE: NEVERMIND (was expecting telnet to give me some feedback when +x works (it doesn't haha)

Last edited by KongsNutz,

hoderer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cluster did a few commits on github last night. One was "Huge refactoring. Testing required. But need to sleep". Since I'm not a programmer, did someone else compile and tested it? Getting closer...

Rev2k7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you start fresh with my version as in reflash to stock and then reflash to custom. The games should go on snes with my version I fixed all the pathing errors make sure they are sfrom.

Kasios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Did you start fresh with my version as in reflash to stock and then reflash to custom. The games should go on snes with my version I fixed all the pathing errors make sure they are sfrom.

I do not understand you. What is your version ?, the famous folder "RELEASE" ?. What I do is to convert one by one all the games I want, 10, with the script to format sfrom from the smc and sfc format. A view converted games, I create the folders (look at the photo as an example), I put the folder in the two photos in png, I edit the desktop file, and I put all the folders already edited and prepared together with the official folders. I run the program, and it detects all the games, I select them, only the new ones, I give it to reflashear and mem says everything ok, but when I run the console there is nothing, only the officers, and I do not understand it, @Lilial tutorial I do not understand why it does not work for me, it's very frustrating.:cry:

MartU

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Excuse me, I do not understand.:unsure:

He made a version of Hakchi2 that takes out the manual process of editing the gamepaths. It is linked a couple of pages back inhere. Then again, for the majority of people I'd say wait for the official Hakchi2 SNES Mini

Kasios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
He made a version of Hakchi2 that takes out the manual process of editing the gamepaths. It is linked a couple of pages back inhere. Then again, for the majority of people I'd say wait for the official Hakchi2 SNES Mini

There is a version in REDDIT of a folder called RELEASE, where the instraucciones are practically the same as I do, of an English tutorial that I found by the network. What I would like to know is that I have to do exactly so that the console recognizes the games and I can play them, because I already did everything and I do not get it, it will not be that I have not tried it.:wacko:

DNA64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From my Redit Post:

Figured I would release this here. Just something I wrote for myself and modified somewhat for public use.

NO ROMS ARE INCLUDED! DO NOT ASK!

This program will take any .sfc or .smc file, convert it to .sfrom using the Python script Valter released on GBATemp, and then give a random name like CLV-P-DNA64 to the file and move into a folder under the same random name (CLV-P-DNA64). I've wrote in some quick error checking and will be updating it until ClusterM releases an official build of Hakchi2 for the SNES.... I still think it should be named "SuperHakchi" :P.

To use this program just make a new folder on your desktop and drop the .bat file inside with the sfc2sfrom.py script (Requires Python 3.6.0). Then add the .sfc or .smc ROM you want to convert and launch the .bat program. It currently only supports 1 ROM conversion at a time, but I may add support for multiple ROMS in the near future.

I would have released a packaged executable, but it falsely trips antivirus programs so I didn't bother. Tested under Windows 7 64bit.

Please let me know if you have any issues and I will do my best to fix them promptly. It's very late and I'm very tired, so forgive me if I have forgotten something.

Download Here

Updated!:
New 1 Click Script added!

Last edited by DNA64,

blueflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I do not understand you. What is your version ?, the famous folder "RELEASE" ?. What I do is to convert one by one all the games I want, 10, with the script to format sfrom from the smc and sfc format. A view converted games, I create the folders (look at the photo as an example), I put the folder in the two photos in png, I edit the desktop file, and I put all the folders already edited and prepared together with the official folders. I run the program, and it detects all the games, I select them, only the new ones, I give it to reflashear and mem says everything ok, but when I run the console there is nothing, only the officers, and I do not understand it, @Lilial tutorial I do not understand why it does not work for me, it's very frustrating.:cry:
Are you using notepad++ or similar to edit desktop file.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
when i tried to do custom kernal on the offical hakchi i get an error of "can't find part of file in C:\users\<username>\temp\local\hakchi-temp" and i have to reflash the original kernal

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just one question...

Can one (or more) game be changed from nand dump?

I wish to have some stock games in their patched versions (secret of mana, Mario rpg, StarWing, StarWing 2, Final Fantasy VI). All of them are same size as the original.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto