Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Trying to get Pilotwings to work. I made the following adjustment to the Python script with no luck, same black screen on game load:

Code:
    if name == "MEGAMAN X2":
        return 0x1117
    if name == "MEGAMAN X3":
        return 0x113D
    if name == "PILOTWINGS":
        return 0xBD10

Would someone be able to examine the bytes from Pilotwings off the Wii U ROM? I think this was the same method used to track down the bytes for MMX 2 and MMX 3.

Try 0x10BD instead 0xBD10

dragonzam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to do anything, just use big-endian byte order instead of little-endian:
Code:
if name == "PILOTWINGS":
        return 0x10BD

You sir are awesome! At first I thought I simply made a typo but I had no idea the byte order mattered in this case.

I made your suggested adjustment and Pilotwings loaded with no issues. Thanks!

Last edited by dragonzam,
Reactions: flinto

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that's right, I totally forgot.
You need to make retroarch and retroarch-mini executable.

Login to SNES Mini using Telnet and run "chmod +x /bin/retroarch" and "chmod +x /bin/retroarch-mini"

No need to do anything, just use big-endian byte order instead of little-endian:
Code:
if name == "PILOTWINGS":
        return 0x10BD

SuperFX is mostly figured out, DOOM and Stunt Race FX run fine (unless there are graphical glitches I didn't notice) with preset ID 0x0000 and flag 0x0C in the footer.
Emulation of DSP-1 seems to be pretty game-agnostic, too. I had no problems with Pilotwings and Lock On using preset ID 0xBD10.
Cx4 is figured out, too. Mostly because it was used only by two games, and both were released for Wii U, so there was no need to guess preset IDs.
I'm really tired, would the SNES Classic be "armel" "armhf" "x86" or "x86_64"
Nevermind it's armhf

dragonzam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I originally thought it was that, because I replaced the DK SFROM with CTrigger's. Then I tried to edit the .desktop file, and everytime I do, I get a C8 error. So adding a new game with a new .desktop file always gives me an issue, but replacing games, and the pngs for the games always works fine. So right now, I can't add, I can only replace.

Had this same issue. What OS are you on and what editor are you using? If on Windows you have to use Notepad++ to maintain the Linux-type file encoding. Using regular Notepad/Wordpad -> C8.

electron22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i add more than 30 games to the snes mini it displays a folder that when you open it throws an error... and it does not display all the games...
any solution?

vebririon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i'm getting crazy,

i had it working and was able to flash and customize my kernel, injected the 2 preselected new games (harvest moon + a second one i cant remember) from the previous link, but when i'm trying to convert a .sfc to a .sfrom, i'm only getting :

6157bd262d.png

using 3.6 python, i had corrupted rom message with 2.7 python

am i typing something wrong ?

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When i add more than 30 games to the snes mini it displays a folder that when you open it throws an error... and it does not display all the games...
any solution?
no solution other than not more than 30 games installing until a offiziel release from hakchi is there.
and dont klick on the folder that reset the system and kill the saves.

has someone get Terranigma or Illusion of Time to run?

Last edited by Liriel,

artemus3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
[QUOTE = "shinrukus, poste: 7610152, membre: 334167"] ne peux pas remonter le FS en tant que RW et je pense que c'est là où je suis coincé [/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE = "tuco11, post: 7612108, membre: 416009"] Est-ce important si les jeux sont décompressés? [/ CITATION]
I hope that Cluster follow this topic in order to finalize Hakchi3 :-). Rgs.

PlasticK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
so it seems that the background glitch in yoshis island is not an antiepilepsy patch but an emulation bug. :( begins at 1:20

i uploaded an untouched smw2 - yoshis island 1.1 ntsc-u rom to the snes mini (ID is CLV-Z-YNOOY) and played till i reached level 1-7 and the glitch is the same as in the snes mini stock rom.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have 30 games on it and qwait now until hakchi 2 offiziel release becasue the saves are adelete after i flash 1 new game

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so it seems that the background glitch in yoshis island is not an antiepilepsy patch but an emulation bug. :(

i uploaded an untouched smw2 - yoshis island 1.1 ntsc-u rom to the snes mini (ID is CLV-Z-YNOOY) and played till i reached level 1-7 and the glitch is the same as in the snes mini stock rom.

Emulation isn't magic, programmers aren't perfect. This is to be expected. At least it's not the horrible GBA port.

Erdrick77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here they are SNES Mini and NES Mini online manuals for offline use (all files are svilable at Nintendo official site).

Mmmmmmhhhhhh just figured out that html pages are in Italian, I downloaded the wrong folder... but manuals are "common" between languages so... it should be suitable :P

Original NES page.

Original SNES page.

This is great! Could you make a version that is in English? I would like to have an offline version of the Star Fox 2 manual. Yours works perfectly, but it's in Italian... Thanks!!

PlasticK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
actually i would be ok if it was a romhack to reduce flashes like on virtual console.

because then i could copy over an unaltered rom, but it is sad that nintendos devs weren't able to make sure that the shipped games don't run noticable worse.

i also experienced some nasty audio delay in smw2 that is a bit embarassing. nintendo clearly was too cheap to use more powerful hardware and more talented programmers for proper snes emulation.

skel28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To help people converting their .sfc and .smc files to .srom using the wonderful python script I made this little batch file. Just have your snes roms in a folder, drop in the batch file and the python file then run the batch file.

It looks like this

FOR %%f IN (*.s?c) DO (
sfc2sfrom.py "%%f" "%%f".sfrom
)

Hope it helps.

mconv.png

Attachments

• batch.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 260

dragonzam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually i would be ok if it was a romhack to reduce flashes like on virtual console.

because then i could copy over an unaltered rom, but it is sad that nintendos devs weren't able to make sure that the shipped games don't run noticable worse.

i also experienced some nasty audio delay in smw2 that is a bit embarassing. nintendo clearly was too cheap to use more powerful hardware and more talented programmers for proper snes emulation.

In their defense man, they made a nearly perfect emulator FOR THE GAMES THEY INTENDED, it's not their fault that there are emulation bugs on games that were never meant to be used and that they likely never tested.

It's incredible that we can even get into the system with such ease, which I still very much think was a concious decision on their engineering team so be thankful.

Reactions: artemus3

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed no lag and the 1st Donkey Kong Country in GBA isn't bad.

It's not the lag, it's the washed out colors and tinny/raspy sound, the sample frequency in Yoshi's Island went down from 32 kHz to 11 kHz, the crying was made worse, and the cool offsets badly ported.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [does what daddy K3N taught me, and steals from his wallet] :tpi::rofl2::tpi: +1