Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES Classic - Snatcher (Sega-CD) - Full Version! (Music & Videos Intact!)

Videos and Music intact! I have done this to the entire set of Sega CD games for both PicoDrive & Genesis Plus GX. Genesis Plus GX allows the better compression format. I am glad to be able to streamline things to have more Systems running via Genesis Plus GX.

You will need Genesis Plus GX Core, latest one from my Core Set! And, install that, along with RetroArch and the necessary Bios for Sega CD. Command line is /bin/segacd

Here are 2 Sega CD Demos to try out, in the meantime:)

https://ufile.io/xf49x

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im learning real fast i have the rom at the .gz point.with clear directions i think most savy people could do this as no one has posted direct instructions,which i think ill do after i get this one working

Good job man, never too late to learn new stuff, when you've dipped in so much stuff like that you catch quicker!

wigner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They aren't going to release NES or SNES emulators for public release, that would be just as questionable as handing out the roms themselves, and against the forum rules.
The emulators aren't public domain, and are owned by Nintendo.

If it wasn't a legality issue I'd love to see it ported over to PI, or hacked Wii/Wii-U. But it isn't going to happen.
...Did anyone read the "Legal Notices" at teh top of main menu screen? Doesn't it state software is open source?

byevoltor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
While we wait for Cluster and cia ... Nintendo leaves us more surprises::)

It seems that SNES Mini hides several secrets:

How to unlock hidden multiplayer features on the console.

The SNES Classic main menu explicitly indicates which games are compatible with 2 players, can even be grouped according to this criterion.

However, if you enter the appropriate code, players can unlock a 2-player mode on Yoshi's Island, a title that is initially only for one player.

This code consists of pressing the following buttons when you are in the map of the game while holding down Select: X X Y B A.

EarthBound also has a 2 player secret mode that can be unlocked simply by connecting a second command at any time during the game.

What surprises will we still have in mini snes ... ??

blueflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i got python working but any advance users can you write the complete command aka python sfc2sfrom.py input (this is the stuff i need)
Test rom in ucon64 or other rom tool to see if lorom or hirom.

Python Smc2sfrom.py demo.smc lorom demo.sfrom

Is that what you was after, took me a while tried python on raspberry pi and then installed on pc, all fun

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It arrived from across the pond. Eagerly waiting for Super Hakchi!

22140960_10154737013541836_8346820996723744115_n.jpg

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, all connectors are the same so they can all work with any classic controller or nunchuck. So a Chinese ripoff controller or an afterglow remote should work also. In mine I unsoldered the connector from a broken remote but you can just cut the remote's motherbord and solder on the 6 points there, it's only less practical.

You could definitely use only wires and break the retro receiver and solder every one of the required wires to it directly too.

Thanks, just found out that the receivers are not included and is an extra cost so will pass on this mod :/

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Since I wouldn't know where to even look for NES/SNES Mini-compatible rom packs that fit the NES/SNES Minis with high-quality cover art and proper names all ready to flash over, I'm making my own. I finished making one for my NES Mini, and deleted the games that didn't have the supported mappers. Still over 600+ games in it. (Don't ask for it. If you stumble upon it in the wild, then good for you.)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They aren't going to release NES or SNES emulators for public release, that would be just as questionable as handing out the roms themselves, and against the forum rules.
The emulators aren't public domain, and are owned by Nintendo.

If it wasn't a legality issue I'd love to see it ported over to PI, or hacked Wii/Wii-U. But it isn't going to happen.
Fuck legality, I'd port them if I had the knowledge. (Not distributing them here, of course)

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whew ill write directions tommorrow if needed but got like 6 or 7 games added,def not newbie friendly
I'd be into that, just do a step by step, point to tools, py scripts needed and how to run them. I've hacked every damn console I have but the way some of these are worded throws me off.

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I can see, even when uncompressed, most combinations of SNES roms should let you put at least around 130 games onto the SNES Classic. If you compress them, you can of course add more.
As an example:
I have 137 SNES roms, that when uncompressed come to a total of 210MB. If the SNES Classic has about 250MB, then all of my roms should fit with 40MB to spare. If I compress those same roms, they then take up only 138MB, which would allow me to have plenty of space to add a few more if I want.
So I believe people will have no problem putting 100 or more games on there SNES Classic, in addition to the built-in 21, even if we are not able to compress them.

The issue comes down to the Nintendo emulator actually being able to read compressed roms.

If I was to put in all the RPGs official or fan translated it comes out to be around 300 mb alone. I could easily push that to around 700 mb by adding 60 or so good action and adventure games as well... So compression is important.... Otherwise it might mean having ot use retorarch just to get compression.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Since I wouldn't know where to even look for NES/SNES Mini-compatible rom packs that fit the NES/SNES Minis with high-quality cover art and proper names all ready to flash over, I'm making my own. I finished making one for my NES Mini, and deleted the games that didn't have the supported mappers. Still over 600+ games in it. (Don't ask for it. If you stumble upon it in the wild, then good for you.)

Fuck legality, I'd port them if I had the knowledge. (Not distributing them here, of course)

I'm confused by your post. It's possible to include retroarch with NES Mini which unlocks all the known mappers for the NES.

Last edited by Baggins,

Drejjmit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Magic

Just joking. hakchi for NES Mini is sort of compatible with SNES Mini.
Well, at least compatible enough to get the clovershell working, and that gives us FTP and shell access. That's all I need.

Did you managed to get access to /usr/share/games before the symblink? I don't want to keep the stock roms on both /usr/share/games and /var/lib/hakchi/rootfs/usr/share/games/

MartU

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NES Classic - Snatcher (Sega-CD) - Full Version! (Music & Videos Intact!)

Videos and Music intact! I have done this to the entire set of Sega CD games for both PicoDrive & Genesis Plus GX. Genesis Plus GX allows the better compression format. I am glad to be able to streamline things to have more Systems running via Genesis Plus GX.

You will need Genesis Plus GX Core, latest one from my Core Set! And, install that, along with RetroArch and the necessary Bios for Sega CD. Command line is /bin/segacd

Here are 2 Sega CD Demos to try out, in the meantime:)

https://ufile.io/xf49x

Alright, this is just freaking awesome! I played (SD) Snatcher on my MSX-2 before the Sega CD release, I really want to try this Sega CD version on my SNES Mini. Nice work!

cover.jpg

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
Did you managed to get access to /usr/share/games before the symblink? I don't want to keep the stock roms on both /usr/share/games and /var/lib/hakchi/rootfs/usr/share/games/

When I did this, hakchi scripts weren't adjusted for SNES Mini paths. Obviously, overmount script for games folder always failed, leaving games folder as it is (stock read-only /usr/share/games).

If you're using fresh scripts that account for SNES mini games path, just disable the overmount.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work