Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its sad Nintendo was sitting on a gold mine here.. and just discontinued it. Even for "modding" with basic emulators. This sucker was selling. Granted guess that would replace the need for VC titles on the switch unless they add online MP for retro games.
A lot of people are saying that it's because they're going to do an SNES Classic....

byevoltor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Abu Simbel Profanation for Commodore 64 now available!:hrth:

Where is the emulator for commodore 64 that works on Nes mini ???:cry:

Wishing that in version 2.16, include C64 emulators, Amiga 500, Atari st.:bow:

But as we know it will be impossible, I think we would all like to play Amstrad and Msx with a virtual keyboard, please !!!:teach:

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country

But as we know it will be impossible, I think we would all like to play Amstrad and Msx with a virtual keyboard, please !!!:teach:

I think this is the wrong place to request emulators for hakchi? You'd be better off putting these emu requests through on the retroarch message boards if these emulator cores don't already exist on retroarch (rather then hoping someone will port vice or any other c64 core just to work specifically for hakchi retroarch)?... I'd also love an amiga emu :)

I'm covered already for 8bit though as have a fully functioning Zx spectrum emulator on the nes mini.

Last edited by MrTea,

artemus3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Found a new version of hakchi2 - Release Candidate version 2.16 on a diff forum:

http://clusterrr.com/temp/hakchi2_v2.16_rc3.zip

This is what he states for changes:

far spread only here. Of the new (apart from minor fixes, and translations into other languages), all that you will see in the "Tools" menu:
  • saves manager (export, import, delete)

• FTP server - for easy transfer of files, you can examine and edit system can sdampit games that come by default, you can edit the config files and so forth.

• Telnet server - well, this is for advanced users. In conjunction with the FTP allows you to easily create fashion and learn the system without the need to solder UART cable.
Hello guy !

Does this mean that we will be able to increase storage capacity by otg usb? Thank you. Rgs.

user423352

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I installed newest retroarch and two games. Snes one is starting normally from menu and genesis one isn't - I need to launch it from retroarch manually. Is it suppose to be like that or can I fix it somehow? Those games are super mario world and streets of rage 2.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe someone can help me here. I have managed to get all the arcade games I want to play to work....except one. I'm trying to play one of my favourites, Satan's Hollow. The original game wouldn't work. So I found a complete mame 0.78 rom set and got a couple more versions. One says shollow.zip and shollow2.zip.

Neither one of these seems to work, either. Any ideas ? I'll try them again to make sure, though.

Also, I've tried to play the TMNT arcade game, but it seems to only be 2 player, as only 2 players were listed in the retroarch control section. I THINK I've found a 4 player version. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick from any of the 4 turtles instead of just the one.....

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello guy !

Does this mean that we will be able to increase storage capacity by otg usb? Thank you. Rgs.

I dont know..I hope so..will probably have to wait until cluster releases it officially with more details...I just found it and passed it on..lol..I havent installed it myself yet until I get more details..I just unzipped it and browsed it!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe someone can help me here. I have managed to get all the arcade games I want to play to work....except one. I'm trying to play one of my favourites, Satan's Hollow. The original game wouldn't work. So I found a complete mame 0.78 rom set and got a couple more versions. One says shollow.zip and shollow2.zip.

Neither one of these seems to work, either. Any ideas ? I'll try them again to make sure, though.

Also, I've tried to play the TMNT arcade game, but it seems to only be 2 player, as only 2 players were listed in the retroarch control section. I THINK I've found a 4 player version. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick from any of the 4 turtles instead of just the one.....

When you try mame (arcade) games..most times there are more than one file that you have to zip together to play the game..and a bios is always needed as well..

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know..I hope so..will probably have to wait until cluster releases it officially with more details...I just found it and passed it on..lol..I havent installed it myself yet until I get more details..I just unzipped it and browsed it!

When you try mame (arcade) games..most times there are more than one file that you have to zip together to play the game..and a bios is always needed as well..
how do I fix that ? every other arcade game, once I understood to get matching roms for the mame version, have just worked. I haven't messed with any bios. What bios do I need to make Satan's Hollow work ?

I've heard that mame2010 core should work for Satan's Hollow....but where do I get the mame2010 core ?

I've been looking everywhere for mame2010.hmod, but I can't find it anywhere. I've tried what I thought was mame2010, but it turned to be an entire program. I need the mame2010.hmod for hakchi.

Any ideas ?

Last edited by Spottedfeather,

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
This release introduces some extra tools:

• Save-State Manager. It will help you to transfer save-states from NES Mini to PC and vice-versa as well as delete unwanted save-states. Remember that save-states will be remained in the system ever after game is deleted, so this tool is very usefull to cleanup your NES Mini and free some space.
  • FTP Server! It will be helpfull for advanced users, this tool allows to transfer any files from/to NES Mini using any FTP client. So you can easyly dump original games from NES Mini, edit some configs, etc. And it will help you to cleanup system. I'll update FAQ soon.
  • Telnet Server. It provides access to NES Mini's command line interface. Basic Linux knowledge required.
Also there are some fixes and translations updates. There are some untranslated strings in French and Polish languages, I'll update them soon (waiting for translators).

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This release introduces some extra tools:

• Save-State Manager. It will help you to transfer save-states from NES Mini to PC and vice-versa as well as delete unwanted save-states. Remember that save-states will be remained in the system ever after game is deleted, so this tool is very usefull to cleanup your NES Mini and free some space.
  • FTP Server! It will be helpfull for advanced users, this tool allows to transfer any files from/to NES Mini using any FTP client. So you can easyly dump original games from NES Mini, edit some configs, etc. And it will help you to cleanup system. I'll update FAQ soon.
  • Telnet Server. It provides access to NES Mini's command line interface. Basic Linux knowledge required.
Also there are some fixes and translations updates. There are some untranslated strings in French and Polish languages, I'll update them soon (waiting for translators).
Awesome! More great work @Cluster!

If I was current with hakchi 2.15 and the latest hmods, do I only need to update the program this time around? Or do I need to uninstall/install any hmods also?

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome! More great work @Cluster!

If I was current with hakchi 2.15 and the latest hmods, do I only need to update the program this time around? Or do I need to uninstall/install any hmods also?
I just copied usual folders over;
Games, config, dump, folder images, usermods without uninstalling/installing hmods and all worked without any problem.

Reactions: chillmodious

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

You can emulate C64 using MESS core: https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/linux/armhf/latest/mess2014_libretro.so.zip

Hello guy !

No, NES Mini doesn't support OTG without hardware modification.

Can link me the original firmware of European Nes Mini ??

Thank you.

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
You can easily find it on piratebay.

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its sad Nintendo was sitting on a gold mine here.. and just discontinued it. Even for "modding" with basic emulators. This sucker was selling. Granted guess that would replace the need for VC titles on the switch unless they add online MP for retro games.

Not really..rumor has it that alot of retail employees in the stores bought them all when they first came in..and continued to do so..thats why you see a billion of them on ebay for sale at outrageous prices now that they can be modded..might have been a nintendo hype for the release of the nintendo switch..who knows..now thats its over..raspberry pi is gonna skyorocket..

@Cluster Is that really a core? It's just an .SO file

Last edited by ByteThis,

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You should really have a different telnet program added to hakchi, so we can create directories to our online storage space for easy storage and usage(like an online usb)..different from the telnet you have now....if we wanted to upload any games that we want...any size...in a storage space online and play those files as long as we have the telnet window open when running hakchi...we can increase our storage space for the mini..
FTP is more for website forums or personal website data..
It just blows my mind. I can't understand anything you said.

sromeroi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what about filters/shaders in retroarch ? Are there any included ?

There are "simple" shaders (retroarch.glslp) with Select+Start -> Quick Menu -> Shaders -> Load Preset -> Pick "retroarch.glslp" -> Set the settings below to "scanlines.glsl", "Don't care", "Don't care" -> Apply.

If you are happy with it just "Save preset for this core" (or something like that).

But it's a very poor shader compared to retropie's :(

I would be happy just with "crt-pi.glslp" and "crt-pi-curvature.glslp" from RetroPie... but they didn't work in the mini (maybe because it's a different GPU) and I don't know how to "port" them :((

If anyone manages to port them or make them work, *PLEASE* let me know :(

It just blows my mind. I can't understand anything you said.

I think he wants to "download and run games on-demand" from a PC via the USB cable.

- PC with the "new tool" open and a folder structure with your gamesgames.
- NES mini able to "browse" the PC's folder structure.
- You select a game in the NES mini, then it's downloaded from the PC and launched.

(That's what I understood from his message).

Reactions: ByteThis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...