Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

rot86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

I think this video is using the core of mame2000, but I do not know how it would have made the sample sounds work..

Salvo85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay, so I installed Retroarch, things are running more or less fine. I've added Game Boy games but the top of the screen gets cut off a bit, but I guess I need to access the menu and change some configurations.
Is it possible to emulate Game Boy games as Super Game Boy?
Don't know but inside retroarch options (start + select on the controller) you can add colors to black & white games

Danye

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an easy way to add my original 30 back onto the mini, in their original form? When I added the full collection of games, the original 30 were replaced by the rom versions, but the roms don't play as well in some cases and no longer have the high-def ability (and I lost Super Mario Bros all together). So just for those 30, I want to go back to the versions the mini came with, but I still want to keep the rest of the games I added. Does that make sense? And is it easy to do? Thanks!

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an easy way to add my original 30 back onto the mini, in their original form? When I added the full collection of games, the original 30 were replaced by the rom versions, but the roms don't play as well in some cases and no longer have the high-def ability (and I lost Super Mario Bros all together). So just for those 30, I want to go back to the versions the mini came with, but I still want to keep the rest of the games I added. Does that make sense? And is it easy to do? Thanks!
Just check original 30 games?

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would try all that, once I get an NES classic of course, but I don't have any of this... for sound samples goto

bios_template.hmod\etc\libretro\system

inside the system folder, where bios go, make a fba folder or a mame2003 folder ( or a folder for what ever core your using.)

inside those folders make a samples folder
and put your zipped sounds samples in the samples folder

then re install bios_template.hmod

I don't have a libretro folder.

UltraGamesFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten the skin hack to work? The 'fetch_original_skin' works well and I get the nes.png file and edit it but I get errors when using the 'make_skin_mod'. I tried to install it andway and I tried drag-n-drop but that didn't work so I tried moving the skin_hack folder into user_mods and adding.hmod to it but that wouldn't install normally like the music_hack does. Any ideas?

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would try all that, once I get an NES classic of course, but I don't have any of this... for sound samples goto

bios_template.hmod\etc\libretro\system

inside the system folder, where bios go, make a fba folder or a mame2003 folder ( or a folder for what ever core your using.)

inside those folders make a samples folder
and put your zipped sounds samples in the samples folder

then re install bios_template.hmod

I don't have a libretro folder.
Download the bios template hmod to get That folder

UltraGamesFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just check original 30 games?

If you have an original copy of your kernel saved (hopefully so), just delete your old hakchi folder and extract a new hakchi folder. Create a folder in hakchi2 called 'dump' and place your original kernel into the dump folder. Then run hakchi2 and under the 'Kernel' menu item at the top select 'Flash Original Kernel'. Follow any on-screen prompts and wait until it finshes flashing. After flashing, close hakchi and the run it again. The default 30 games should be there checked.

AndyVr

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Has anyone gotten the skin hack to work? The 'fetch_original_skin' works well and I get the nes.png file and edit it but I get errors when using the 'make_skin_mod'. I tried to install it andway and I tried drag-n-drop but that didn't work so I tried moving the skin_hack folder into user_mods and adding.hmod to it but that wouldn't install normally like the music_hack does. Any ideas?

Download Skin Hack tool from @Cluster again, works now.

Btw, you can also simply copy nes.png to Skin_Hack.hmod folder and drag that in user_mods folder and install like any other core.

Reactions: UltraGamesFan

Beathil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can load it just fine? By doing that. It should show the core loaded at bottom of screen.
In your screenshot, where you have "SNES / Super Famicon (Snes9x 2005)" I instead have "snes9x 2005 _ libretro.so"

I might try to just remove all the retroarch stuff and try to figure out how to get it all back in there, something isn't working right.

UltraGamesFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download Skin Hack tool from @Cluster again, works now.

Btw, you can also simply copy nes.png to Skin_Hack.hmod folder and drag that in user_mods folder and install like any other core.

I just put the modified png into the skin_hack folder and renamed the folder skin_hack.hmod and installed it like normal. Worked perfect. Thanks!

Last edited by UltraGamesFan,

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get Doom running on my NESC, but apparently it runs fine, but without music. How come the PSP port works just fine with music, but not RetroArch?

Rockinganker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this has been covered but I could not find an answer with thread search.

Is there a way to configure screen size per system or game. I want to change some Mame game screen sizes but when I do this using start + select, video settings it changes every game to run that setting. Am I doing something wrong or is there no game specific or system specific configs?

Thanks.

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In your screenshot, where you have "SNES / Super Famicon (Snes9x 2005)" I instead have "snes9x 2005 _ libretro.so"

I might try to just remove all the retroarch stuff and try to figure out how to get it all back in there, something isn't working right.
Yeah that is weird. I installed same way as you. Retro with cores. Works fine and shows up fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyone now how to get the Dip Switches menu in MAME2003 mini core ?
Switch to fba

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny