Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

diobrando19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same for me. I don't like using folders. I like having everything right on the main screen. When I disable folders and set the max number of games to 100, I get C8 errors. I have 92 games.

Do I need to use folders if I have more than 30 games?

Same here. Also, I get the C8 error whenever I power off the console. I suppose I need to go back to folders again. :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you guys install the new Hakchi 2.14b "driver"? Is retroarch mod and any other mods all up to date?

I'm not too sure if I did. How do you do it?

HeisenMack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you guys install the new Hakchi 2.14b "driver"? Is retroarch mod and any other mods all up to date?

I just used version 2.14. I started with a clean install (which I always do with a new version).

Ideally, It'd be nice to not have to use folders but it's not that big of a deal. The most important thing is that it works.

Last edited by HeisenMack,
Reactions: AndyVr

TVsIan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some weird issues when exiting Retroarch games. After playing a SNES game or an arcade game, and exiting with the home button on a Wii Classic controller, the screen just goes black and the LED goes off.

I was testing it with Super Mario World, and when I went in again, the game hadn't saved. I exited with down+select right away, saw the waiting save state, but when I scrolled over a couple of games, the screen went blue and I had to unplug it.

I uninstalled and updated retroarch and all the cores I use after 2.14 released, and I deleted enough games to get me at 285MB on the main window.

ezi0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same here. Also, I get the C8 error whenever I power off the console. I suppose I need to go back to folders again. :/

same here - I doubt unlimited view is possible - tried a few scenarios all ended in C8 - back to folders I guess ...

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's what I'm trying to figure out too. I know on a "clean" install with a new unmodded NESC it will prompt you to install the driver.. but I'm not
sure if you've already modded it if it will still prompt you..

perhaps someone can chime in.

I just used version 2.14. I started with a clean install (which I always do with a new version).

Ideally, It'd be nice to not have to use folders but it's not that big of a deal. The most important thing is that it works.

What are the steps for a "clean install"? I assume this puts it back to an unmodded status..

HeisenMack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I'm trying to figure out too. I know on a "clean" install with a new unmodded NESC it will prompt you to install the driver.. but I'm not
sure if you've already modded it if it will still prompt you..

perhaps someone can chime in.

What are the steps for a "clean install"? I assume this puts it back to an unmodded status..

What I do is uninstall all user mods that I know are installed, then just "uninstall all traces of Hakchi". I believe if you click "file" you will see uninstall. After that's done, I will download a new Hakchi and reload all my games. I know that may be a little overkill, but it has worked for me when I've had problems.

Reactions: LuckY07

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I do is uninstall all user mods that I know are installed, then just "uninstall all traces of Hakchi". I believe if you click "file" you will see uninstall. After that's done, I will download a new Hakchi and reload all my games. I know that may be a little overkill, but it has worked for me when I've had problems.

Thanks. With this new version of Hakchi, can you copy over your "config" folder so I don't need to setup my folders again?

Salvo85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just downloaded hakchi2 2.14b, and I read somewhere that you can now place more than 30+ games in a single folder and you won't get any C8 errors. I tested it on my Famicom Mini, and it still gives me C8 errors whenever I place more than 30+ games per folder.
There's no more 30 mb limit BUT if you want 4 saves per game there's the old limit of 242 images, so you have to create folders of 30 games each.
If you have saves, that's why you have c8 errors even now with more than 30 games on screen

Last edited by Salvo85,

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I clicked the install driver in 2.14 yes.

PCM's Mods are updated with the new Retroarch you can get it here: https://github.com/pcm720/retroarch-clover/releases

I just noticed the updated MAME2003 core is 7.39MB. Is this a better MAME2003 core than D Skywalker's MAME2003_mini? The difference
between the 2 cores is about 6MB (7.39MB vs 1.58MB). I'll probably just continue to use the _mini version but I was curious
if there was a significant difference.

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just noticed the updated MAME2003 core is 7.39MB. Is this a better MAME2003 core than D Skywalker's MAME2003_mini? The difference
between the 2 cores is about 6MB (7.39MB vs 1.58MB). I'll probably just continue to use the _mini version but I was curious
if there was a significant difference.
Two different cores. I've tried both but unfortunately the mame_mini doesn't play half the games that I have installed. There is a list out there somewhere that has the games that the mamemini core will run.

EDIT: Found the list
https://github.com/DSkywalk/retroarch-clover/wiki/mame2003_mini---game-list

Last edited by DR1001,

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two different cores. I've tried both but unfortunately the mame_mini doesn't play half the games that I have installed. There is a list out there somewhere that has the games that the mamemini core will run.

EDIT: Found the list
https://github.com/DSkywalk/retroarch-clover/wiki/mame2003_mini---game-list

Thanks, I have that list and have created a new updated version in a spreadsheet w the full game title name, parent rom, bios.. and am
just about to be adding file size. If anyone needs it let me know.

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, I have that list and have created a new updated version in a spreadsheet w the full game title name, parent rom, bios.. and am
just about to be adding file size. If anyone needs it let me know.

I would like to give this mamemini core another run. When you are finished the spreadsheet, I would like a copy. Thanks.

Last edited by DR1001,
Reactions: LuckY07

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: It was a Call of Dootie