Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

XXwillisXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I forget to add when I was trying to get doom to work in RetroArch I was able to flash 41Mb in the ROM folder with no problem.

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I forget to add when I was trying to get doom to work in RetroArch I was able to flash 41Mb in the ROM folder with no problem.
really O.o do you have any games on the Main page of the Nes mini on front of gui? or just retroarch then all games in rom folder? whats totel size of your RARCH folder / retroarch ? mine is 34.5 I only got like 26 MB roms able fit or else flashes just fail when i try sync'ing :(

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
really O.o do you have any games on the Main page of the Nes mini on front of gui? or just retroarch then all games in rom folder? whats totel size of your RARCH folder / retroarch ? mine is 34.5 I only got like 26 MB roms able fit or else flashes just fail when i try sync'ing :(
The core for load doom.wad only few kb. (o me to make the PSX emulator to run I only keep the minimal, RACH folder 39,7MB i think)

Rgs.

XXwillisXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

only one game on the menu. I was thinking that it might not be a space limit but a file limit . there's a lot of files in the RetroArch directory. it takes up a lot of space in its folder when it usually only has a few files in each game folder . like NES ROM it's cover pic Ectxtra .

Last edited by XXwillisXX,

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
only one game on the menu. I was thinking that it might not be a space limit but a file limit . there's a lot of files in the RetroArch directory. it takes up a lot of space in its folder when it usually only has a few files in each game folder . like NES ROM it's cover pic Ectxtra .
So only 1 GAME + Retroarch on main menu of nes? and yeah there is lots of files

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious, is it possible to extract the roms included in the NES Classic? It would be nice to use 'legit' versions of the games.

Ironically, I have seen that Nintendo used pirated versions of the games for the system, not fresh dumps or anything like that. There is a thread on Reddit that lists the exact file version (with checksum) used on the NES Classic.

Reactions: DbD

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ironically, I have seen that Nintendo used pirated versions of the games for the system, not fresh dumps or anything like that. There is a thread on Reddit that lists the exact file version (with checksum) used on the NES Classic.

Pretty smart move by Nintendo if you ask me, I mean if the roms are already out there, why do the extra work, plus who will sue them for using pirated roms?

Reactions: Prontorium

XXwillisXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So only 1 GAME + Retroarch on main menu of nes? and yeah there is lots of files

yup that's it . I wonder if there's a way to get RetroArch to look in different folders for Roms . so we can have multiple folders . keep RetroArch where it is and have a new folders in games for NES , SNES ect... to split things up a bit

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry guys, is this the hakchi thread or RA thread?

Since couple of days I read only the RA "spam".... Does hakchi2 support OFFICIALLY RA? No? so why the heck you guys spamming this thread with that? I wait daily for clusters update. And the only thing I can see is a daily 3 page long RA discussion. Why is there no an extra thread? Where are the mods which keep thread like this clean?

Pls, let's get back to the roots and discuss hakchi related things... And when folder management and RA officially supported... THEN, we can spam here ;)

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Since couple of days I read only the RA "spam".... Does hakchi2 support OFFICIALLY RA? No? so why the heck you guys spamming this thread with that? I wait daily for clusters update. And the only thing I can see is a daily 3 page long RA discussion. Why is there no an extra thread? Where are the mods which keep thread like this clean?

Pls, let's get back to the roots and discuss hakchi related things... And when folder management and RA officially supported... THEN, we can spam here ;)

Well the next version of Hakchi should support RA. I guess people are just excited talking about RA to fill in the gap while waiting for the next update?

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I stopped getting notifications about this thread, IDK why. I'm really wondering HOW THE FRICK someone got RetroArch running on the NES CLASSIC EDITION!
25a.png

Last edited by PrincessLillie,

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Jesus...
Another PSX game, this time a 3D launch title, you know right. It's Ridge Racer. Riiiiidge Raceeer!!!. :rolleyes:

Yes I played this... and win at 20-25 fps ^^ more easy. PCSX Rearmed.

Please, enjoy!

Last edited by nesito,
Reactions: Truchen

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
nesito, how do you upload such big image onto the reroach folder ?
You refer Ridge Racer? It's a EBOOT.PBP but not always work... Using files lower the 40MB size limit(35-25MB) maybe there are the games but it's strange.
Cotton was a RIP from CD. About 38,X MB.

Rgs.

EDIT: New video incoming other VS Fighting PSX game in 2D...

Last edited by nesito,

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

GBX.RU madmonkey released his retroarch thingy for nes mini, PCM polished it a bit and cluster is working on RA with hakchi next release.

MethedMan

Trophies
XP
Country
I think that if you understand English check the source for pcm720 here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/hakchi2-nes-mini-very-simple-pimp-tool.456256/page-154#post-7087019
Also if want to see this last pack process(minus change the init file, that change can see in this other tutorial from minute 2:17 to 5:19 in this tutorial )
check this video for last pcm pack process to add NES games to mini gui using RetroArch:

Rgs.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When you tell us that windows tries to force install an automatic driver, you cannot install it? gives you an error?
Also which Windows Version did you use? Have you disabled the driver signature verification?

Rgs.
error.jpg

This is whats happening when i use the application,

If I try and use the file from the driver folder windows trys to auto update.

I am using windows 7

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
View attachment 78383
This is whats happening when i use the application,

If I try and use the file from the driver folder windows trys to auto update.

I am using windows 7
Appears that the driver is installed corrected. You must open hakchi2 app, then disable 1 game from the 30 originals list.(It's a test, later will enable it)
Click on Big button of the right, and in the screen that you see, with 5 steps, click on install driver button.
Then when driver is installed, put mini in FEL mode(press reset button + power on while maintain reset button during 3-5 sec(you will hear a windows driver detect sound) and take popcorns your mini is going to hakchi2 world.

If continue without working to you, I will try XP driver instead W7, some guys in Spain solved similar issue this way.

Rgs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another PSX game walking on the mini nes classic using RA core PCSX ReARMed.
Guilty Gear

Please, enjoy!

Reactions: omega man

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
On YT I found a video how to bypass the limit issue all together, didn't attempt to try it out though since the new version is just around the corner.

Edit : here it is, again I didn't test this out so don't know if this actually works:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=tjv81Cy1q_g

Last edited by jelmer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol