Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Uploaded new version. It shound be more stable.

@Cluster
Sorry if this question is a bit OT but does someone know if there are any difference between the pal/ntsc releases of the Mini? I hope they have ditched the 50hz conversion in PAL.
Seems like there are no difference. I'm using EUR version but it using NTSC roms. Also I can't start PAL-emulation anyway. So some PAL-exclusives will not work :( Command line argument "--nes-version=PAL" is not working for some reason :(

Is it possible to use this to extract the ROMs from the NES Mini?
No. It's not so easy to read this partition from NES Mini.

Do you think that the Loopy's Super Mario Bros. 2 J MMC3 hack will work?
I'm not at home right now, but I hope to test as soon as I can
Yes, MMC3 hacks should work.

I already add 65 games...XD

for the "numbered games" is not showing the correct number after 4... i mean, mega man 4, 5 and 6 are added as "mega man" alone...
Many people reported thaе maximum is 97 games.
Internal font missing some characters.

This looks awesome, I'll be trying this soon.
Just wondering, has anyone got a brick, and if so are they recoverable?
It's hard to get brick because you always can restore original kernel. But I cant guarantee anything :)

I keep on getting Can't repack ramdisk wtf lol i knew i should've waited
Which version of Windows are you using? Did you unpacked all files? Can you say full path to the application?

That's pretty good. Is this your own work or are you re-posting it from another site?
It's my tool but not my hack. It's hack by madmonkey with few modifications.

Is it possible to use Net Framework 3.5.1 instead of 3.5? I cant seem to downgrade or install Net Framework 3.5
Of course it's compatible.
I decided to try the Famicom mini. I was initially reluctant because of the checksum error, but decided to give it a try and it worked!. But again, I would use the this at your own risk for the Famicom mini. I added in a translated version of Final Fantasy III and it works! Great tool, it worked for both my Nes classic and Famicom. Amazing! Thanks, Cluster!
Great news! Can you send MD5 checksum to me? I'll add this as tested.

Hello folks,
City Connection, Mach Rider and Elite were all unplayable because of significant graphic corruption.
Battle Toads and Rad Racer were playable, but had issues (A really strange flickering with BT,and slight graphic corruption in RR)

I don't know if it's just the roms i've used or the EU Nintendo mini, though Mach Rider not working might explain the relatively small default rom selection.
Elite is for PAL NES only and will not work on NTSC emulator. Same with PAL version of Battletoads.
But NTSC version of Battletoads crashes on second level because of uncorrect timing emulation. Actually NES Mini's emulator sucks. Only few mappers, bad sound, uncorrect timings, no PAL emulation. It's tested only on default 30 games.

hi thanks for your tip. the power light goes off after done with flashing but another problem came up. the eu nes mini spit out a C8 error after I boot it up. is there some way to disconnect the nes mini after the light goes off? kinda frustrating to keep running into errors.
Try to delete all added games. Seems like NES Mini does not kike something.

qproject

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still stuck here T.T

I had the same problem. It has something to do with Net Framework on windows 7. I used my laptop with windows 8 and it installed perfectly. There's a second method I did used which also worked with installing a fresh windows 7 on VMware.

Lemonoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem. It has something to do with Net Framework on windows 7. I used my laptop with windows 8 and it installed perfectly. There's a second method I did used which also worked with installing a fresh windows 7 on VMware.

I'm using Windows 10, and i see a lot of people using it and not having problems :( goddamn

Flipper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for the app. Appreciate the work.

Unfortunately I too have run into the "LED light not turning off" problem. App would finish all the way up to "wait for the LED light to turn off" dialog box, but the light will never turn off. I've tried reinstalling the driver manually and with zadig with no success. Even tried the latest version of the app and nothing has changed. Is there a way to resolve this yet?

*edit: I'm using Windows 10 if that makes a difference.

Last edited by Flipper,

Tugga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I'm new here and I know NOTHING about computer programming. I thought this was going to be a simple program to run (and it seems to be). But I am running into an issue where I cannot Flash Custom Kernel. I get an error message immediately that says "The system cannot find the file specified. Please try again" I have no idea what to do from here. Any help would really be appreciated. I am running this on Windows 10 on my laptop in case that means anything. Thanks guys, I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

raynor_ni

Trophies
XP
Country
PAL Nes mini all going well. Added games and when hakchi2 told me to wait for the power led to go out,
the system has already powered on and is in the menu.

No games added :sad:

anyone with any ideas? :unsure:

No luck with the new version. Still the so called "reset bug". :cry:

NeoPolak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys. I'm new here and I know NOTHING about computer programming. I thought this was going to be a simple program to run (and it seems to be). But I am running into an issue where I cannot Flash Custom Kernel. I get an error message immediately that says "The system cannot find the file specified. Please try again" I have no idea what to do from here. Any help would really be appreciated. I am running this on Windows 10 on my laptop in case that means anything. Thanks guys, I'm hoping someone can help me out here.
did you dump the kernel?

i tried the 2.03, custom kernel flash stopped in half way, asked me to replug the nes, did it, still boot loop

- edit -
reflashed the original kernel, then the custom one, it flashed without stopping this time, but still boot loop

Last edited by NeoPolak,

Tugga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you dump the kernel?

i tried the 2.03, custom kernel flash stopped in half way, did it again, still boot loop
Hi Neo...yes, I installed the driver (or whatever that's called), and I dumped the kernel. Everything went smoothly until the Flash Custom Kernel. I disconnected from my laptop and made sure that the system still works, and it does. Should I just try it again or do you think there is something that I am not doing? Does it matter that I'm using Windows 10? Thanks!

Al-hwj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To update the hakchi tool, all I have to do is replace hakchi.resources.dll and hakchi.exe from the zip ?

NeoPolak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have a new thing now, when i try to flash custom kernel, at 50% i got a "waiting for nes mini" (the windows with steps and driver installation)

jar-_-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have a new thing now, when i try to flash custom kernel, at 50% i got a "waiting for nes mini" (the windows with steps and driver installation)

I wonder if you used someone else's original and modified kennel dumps for your nes mini? Would this work?

I'd backup your original dump just in case it all goes to ***t.

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have unpacked UPX-packed executables. Please check archive for viruses again. Will you get virus alert or not?

To update the hakchi tool, all I have to do is replace hakchi.resources.dll and hakchi.exe from the zip ?
You can replace hakchi.exe only. hakchi.resources.dll just contains russian translation.

So... you need to reconnect NES Mini as it says.

jar-_-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same here. Unfortunately I get the same result with no new games :/

@Cluster what do you think.

Can people having problem's use someone else's original and modified kennel dumps on their nes mini? Would this work?

Of course they should keep a backup their original dump just in case it all goes to ***t. If it fails then technically they could reflash their original dump back to restore it.

Last edited by jar-_-,

Flipper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if you used someone else's original and modified kennel dumps for your nes mini? Would this work?

I'd backup your original dump just in case it all goes to ***t.

I still have the dump from when I first tried it with the app. That should be fine right? I've been using the updated version of the app in another location while keeping the original one elsewhere.

I tried adding games while the HDMI was still plugged in. Booted me back to the main menu with everything untouched. So I guess it is the reset bug.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_3XC94yzeo