Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

BravSoldat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having the LED not turning off problem? It says to wait but never does. If so could you point me to a potential solution?

SuperMTH2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about that too, but why would they do that?
ya know... im not sure... maybe there is some reason that the internal flash memory can't be written to by usb? a disconnect of something in the usb to flash connection? *ponder* *ponder*

jar-_-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What i already did

unplug all cables but usb (the nes is powered by my pc so i can hear if it's booting or not)
boot the nes in fel mode then upload a kernel => pipe error
so to flash the nes i need to
select upload the original kernel first, then boot the nes in fel => success. i reboot the nes and it works like a new one

If i do the same with the custom kernel, select upload custom kernel then boot into fel => success, "you can add new games".
then i reboot the nes but got a boot loop

i add a game after a reboot => success, the led turns off but still got a boot loop
when i do the same but after the custom flash i add a game (without a reboot) => success, the led turns off but still got a boot loop

i tried to unplug at each steps of flashing the custom kernel but no luck every flash of custom kernel ends with a boot loop (the pc don't make a sound)

i even tried factory reset the nes, but it doesn't change anything
for me custom kernel = boot loop

Is Windows Defender off? Are you 200% Windows Defender is off?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is anyone else having the LED not turning off problem? It says to wait but never does. If so could you point me to a potential solution?

MY SOLUTION ENSURE WINDOWS DEFENDER WAS OFF> SERIOUSLY IS IT OFF? ARE YOU 200% SURE ITS OFF?

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep I'm still desperately waiting for a solution to this. I've tried this so many times today and it fails at the last hurdle and although it says "done! Wait until the power led goes out and restart the nes mini" the light never actually goes out!?

I've got my usb lead connected to my pc and tried with my hdmi plugged into my TV at the same time and I notice that once that message comes up the console is actually just booting up normally (so the light is never going to turn off to indicate it's flashed the new games on as it is just booting like normal as nothings appears to have changed and uploaded? It's driving me nuts now!! Help!

d0rks0ul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
About as possible as turning playstation discs into xbox disks.
24fmnwo.jpg

believe!

jar-_-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what is your point? flashing original kernel work, just the custom one doesn't. is it downloading something?

Well I don't know how the program has been compiled, but if the program is compiled to call upon any of the other exe that were downloaded with the pack and its been blocked then hakchi may not work correctly.

jar-_-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep I'm still desperately waiting for a solution to this. I've tried this so many times today and it fails at the last hurdle and although it says "done! Wait until the power led goes out and restart the nes mini" the light never actually goes out!?

I've got my usb lead connected to my pc and tried with my hdmi plugged into my TV at the same time and I notice that once that message comes up the console is actually just booting up normally (so the light is never going to turn off to indicate it's flashed the new games on as it is just booting like normal as nothings appears to have changed and uploaded? It's driving me nuts now!! Help!
Is Windows Defender off? I had the same problem and my issue was Windows Defender was on.
I also went a step further and turned off the firewall (including advanced firewall settings) and disabled the antivirus. got mine to work after.

my windows defender is off and no antivirus stuff installed same problem

Damn that sucks.
How about your firewall? Just turning off the firewall itself may not be good enough.
Type in the start menu, advanced firewall, select Windows Firewall and advanced Security settings and then disable the FIREWALL STATE for inbound/outbound connections.
Then download version 2.01 again and start fresh.

image.png
image-1.png

Last edited by jar-_-,

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Is Windows Defender off? I had the same problem and my issue was Windows Defender was on.
I also went a step further and turned off the firewall (including advanced firewall settings) and disabled the antivirus. got mine to work after.

Damn that sucks.
How about your firewall? Just turning off the firewall itself may not be good enough.
Type in the start menu, advanced firewall, select Windows Firewall and advanced Security settings and then disable the FIREWALL STATE for inbound/outbound connections.
Then download version 2.01 again and start fresh.

View attachment 74228View attachment 74229

Just triple checked and tried a few times again and firewall and security essentials etc is all off... Still the same and light stays on (it just appears to boot up the console normally rather than finish off flashing the games to the console where the light should be going off? :(

Last edited by MrTea,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-