Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

raynor_ni

Trophies
XP
Country
PAL Nes mini all going well. Added games and when hakchi2 told me to wait for the power led to go out,
the system has already powered on and is in the menu.

No games added :sad:

anyone with any ideas? :unsure:

SuperMTH2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just triple checked and tried a few times again and firewall and security essentials etc is all off... Still the same and light stays on (it just appears to boot up the console normally rather than finish off flashing the games to the console where the light should be going off? :(

This is my current issue. try a different PC with the driver included with Hakchi 2, also try the unplug method. sometimes hardware can be like having children and being insane all at the same time. u try it one way, try it again exactly the same way and it works. it wont go without kicking and screaming sometimes. and sometime (if your in my boat) it wont work at-all. also try different usb ports, 2.0, 3.0, give it all a whirl till u get sick of trying or get scared the device will be damaged. sometimes u gotta break a kids neck to make them shut up... jk jk... dont kill your kid cause i said that or anything... jk jk

Last edited by SuperMTH2,

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
PAL Nes mini all going well. Added games and when hakchi2 told me to wait for the power led to go out,
the system has already powered on and is in the menu.

No games added :sad:

anyone with any ideas? :unsure:

Yep it may be a coincidence but mines a pal mini too and as already posted have the exact same issue.

I've given up for the day now as going round in circles and no joy. Hopefully the author of hack will have some idea?

This is my current issue. try a different PC with the driver included with Hakchi 2, also try the unplug method. sometimes hardware can be like having children and being insane all at the same time. u try it one way, try it again exactly the same way and it works. it wont go without kicking and screaming sometimes. and sometime (if your in my boat) it wont work at-all.

I live near where I work and at lunchtime (sadly) went into work on my day off just to try and to get this working on something different to my win7 laptop... Sadly no joy on 2 different pc's (various ports and leads tested) and the light still on. :(

Last edited by MrTea,
Reactions: SuperMTH2

Lemonoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still stuck on the "Waiting for the Nes Mini..." window :( i start the Install Driver option, it detects my console and this appears:

"Found USB device: "Unknown Device #1" (1F3A:EFE8)
installing wdi driver with <nesmini.inf> at <usb_driver>

Press Enter to exit this driver installer"

after this window, it won't upload my games, the "Waiting for the Nes Mini..." won't disappear and upload my games :(

HELP!

SuperMTH2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still stuck on the "Waiting for the Nes Mini..." window :( i start the Install Driver option, it detects my console and this appears:

"Found USB device: "Unknown Device #1" (1F3A:EFE8)
installing wdi driver with <nesmini.inf> at <usb_driver>

Press Enter to exit this driver installer"

after this window, it won't upload my games, the "Waiting for the Nes Mini..." won't disappear and upload my games :(

HELP!

try the first released method of installing the driver. and make sure your NES mini is in dev mode. power led should be off and u should hear the device pickup sound from your PC. this should be easy to work out for you. i just hope the writing prosses works better for you then some of us. NO BRICKS YET. or that have bin reported anyways. so just relax and take your time. what kind of PC are u using?

16v

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
8gb nand flash soldered to the mainboard.
How much usable i dont know

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember that madmonkey, the original tool maker, said there were ways to clear all added files using some special commands, one of them was
busybox cd "$rootfs/usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi" && rm -rf CLV-H-*
to clear out everything. Does anyone know if Cluster's tool performs this when you remove games in the gui? Just curious, maybe some files are getting left over and that could explain why some can't fit many extra games, not sure.

Oh, and @Cluster, one thing you might consider is adding a checkbox for Famicom Mini users, as it should allow more mappers for those people considering that system runs FDS games, correct? Again, not sure, though.

Last edited by dronesplitter,
Reactions: mooglazer

Lemonoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
try the first released method of installing the driver. and make sure your NES mini is in dev mode. power led should be off and u should hear the device pickup sound from your PC. this should be easy to work out for you. i just hope the writing prosses works better for you then some of us. NO BRICKS YET. or that have bin reported anyways. so just relax and take your time. what kind of PC are u using?

Thank you. What's the "first released method of installing the driver"? Where can i find it?

KmanSweden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To everyone that get the "Can't read the pipe" message... Reinstall the driver by starting the program without the NES Mini connected and push the "Upload selected games.." button and then clicking on install driver. Then connect your NES Mini start it in FEL mode and try to load games again.

Reactions: jar-_-

jar-_-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To everyone that get the "Can't read the pipe" message... Reinstall the driver by starting the program without the NES Mini connected and push the "Upload selected games.." button and then clicking on install driver. Then connect your NES Mini start it in FEL mode and try to load games again.
I also confirm this method to clear the pipe error.

Wonder could we get the OP to update his post with a few of these tips and a procedure. I have it done but this could save a lot of hassle? @Cluster

SpaceInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked the first time for me. I made sure I used a durable/trustable cable. Didn't use the factory cable. Could the factory cable be the issue?

SuperMTH2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to see a solid fix for the reset error.... would love to play with my NES classic. looks like im gonna be waiting a long time though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto